3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: A&H ACS Bows  (Read 1272 times)

Offline MIBIGHNTR

• Trad Bowhunter
A&H ACS Bows
« on: February 08, 2017, 09:51:00 AM »
Please share your thoughts and experiences with A&H ACS bows. Trying to talk myself out of buying one.
Thank You

Online rastaman

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: A&H ACS Bows
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2017, 10:16:00 AM »
You might as well go ahead and get one.  I seriously doubt you will get talked out of buying one from the people that own one or have owned one (or 2, or 3!).  Have fun with your purchase!   :thumbsup:
TGMM Family of the Bow

:archer:                                               

Randy Keene
"Life is precious and so are you."  Marley Keene

Offline ghall80

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2017, 10:19:00 AM »
Absolutely love mine best longbow I have ever owed for performance. They are the  Ferrari of Longbow's just super fast and setup is a breeze  quiet as all heck and just an absolute pleasure to shoot  

I did find that most of them like a stiffer arrow  due to its cut past center set up.

All I can say is get one  if you don't like it you won't have any problems selling it just contact me first  lol
Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway--JOHN WAYNE

Offline mec lineman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2017, 10:33:00 AM »
I have a serious recommendation,try to find a used one in your specs.you will save a pile of money if you find that this bow is not you. I had a 62" 3pc. Nice bow, but for me touchy on the release. I think it is a great design,cut way past center. The centaur performed better for me in every category. Hind sight I wish I would've bought a one pc. This is just my opinion.
"Pick a spot,now aim 6" lower!"                        
Caribow taiga ex
Tall Tines Stickflinger
Yellowstone Halfbreed

P.B.S  member

Offline A.S.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2017, 10:50:00 AM »
I'm with Gary on this one!  I have owned just about every big name bow on the market.  The ACS is one of the top two that I have owned, and mine is not going anywhere!

The performance is awesome, it is very quiet, and most of all it is very stable and forgiving.

Offline Nook

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2017, 12:16:00 PM »
I'm like Allen.  Had just about every top dollar bow on the market.  Got my hands on a ACS last year.  Love it.  It's a keeper.  Took four deer with it last season.  Fast and quiet.  I'll put in a shameless plug in for Allens' Ten Ring Strings: Put a Fury 18 strand on it.  Sweet....    :thumbsup:
"After all, it is not the killing that brings satisfaction; it is the contest of skill and cunning. The true hunter counts his achievement in proportion to the effort involved and the fairness of the sport." Dr. Saxton Pope
PBS Regular

Online BAK

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2017, 12:19:00 PM »
Yup, with Lineman.  I prefer the Centaur.
"May your blood trails be short and your drags all down hill."

Offline riverrat 2

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2017, 02:59:00 PM »
MIBIGHNRT just in case you didn't know...Larry Hanify is the A&H owner/bowyer. He also shoots our Friday night traditional league at Grand Valley. You should talk to him. Plenty of A&H's there to shoot as well.  rat'
Make certain your exhausted when you reach them Pearly Gates.

Offline crazynate

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2017, 03:06:00 PM »
I do not own one but have shot a few of them. They are really nice. Also I like the fact they're made locally.

Offline longbow fanatic 1

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2017, 03:06:00 PM »
Very fast, very smooth, very accurate, excellent craftsmanship  and great cast. Other than that, they're average!     :biglaugh:  

I've recently gotten into ILF bows, otherwise I wouldn't be selling mine. The bow I'm selling, I bought from ghall80. He could probably speak about my bow as well as I could!

Offline Onions

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2017, 03:07:00 PM »
I see you are in Michigan. If you can drive over to A&H's shop and talk with Larry. Not only does he build a EXCELLENT bow, he is a great guy, with a wealth of knowledge on shooting and tuning.

I have been shooting a A&H for three years now. Killed 10 deer, one antelope, plus a dozen wood chucks with it. I shoot 43lbs, all but one of the deer was a pass through, and the antelope was a pass through.

I would recommend a 66" in the mid 40lb range. Most efficient bow Larry makes.

chris <><

Offline MIBIGHNTR

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2017, 10:31:00 PM »
Thanks for all of the thoughts and experiences fellas, I very much appreciate it!

Rat - I spoke with Larry quite a bit at K'Zoo.  Super nice guy and a wealth of knowledge.

Chris - I actually shot your A&H after league a few weeks ago.  Thats what has started my desire to own one.  Thanks again for letting me try it out!!

Mark

Offline Pointer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2017, 10:49:00 PM »
If you have not shot one yet then see about test driving one before you buy. I did and it just was not for me.

Offline Onions

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: February 09, 2017, 07:41:00 AM »
Mark, You are welcome to shoot my bow anytime!
I will not make league again this week, but Lord willing will be there next week.

I heard a rumor that "Rat" has a new one ordered as well....I am sure he would let you shoot his as well (when it comes in)!

chris <><

Offline Wile E. Coyote

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: February 09, 2017, 09:50:00 AM »
Lucky me, I just picked one up on the classifieds and saved 50% of what a new one would have cost me. I bought it having never shot one before but on its high reviews and recommendation. I can say it is everything they said. Super fast, very smooth draw, dead in the hand, and super accurate. Definitely the best longbow I have ever shot. Dont think you can go wrong.
Wayne LaBauve

"Learn to wish that everything should come to pass exactly as it does."

Offline MIBIGHNTR

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: February 09, 2017, 10:30:00 AM »
Much appreciated Chris!!

I would be curious to hear what "Rat" settled on??

Coyote - Sounds like I need to anti- up and join the classifieds!

Mark

Offline DanielB89

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: February 09, 2017, 10:44:00 AM »
Big Jim currently has 2 of them for sale in his used bow inventory.  They're about 1/2 price, no wait, and you're supporting a sponsor.
"Blessed is the man who trusts in the LORD And whose trust is the LORD. Jeremiah 17:7

"There is a way which seems right to a man,
But its end is the way of death."  Proverbs 14:12

Offline tecum-tha

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: February 10, 2017, 09:52:00 PM »
Contacted them but they could not build what I needed. Over 60# , 56"and 2 piece TD with a small throat. Oh well. No ACS for me. At least they were honest about it.

Offline joe munno

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: February 11, 2017, 12:39:00 PM »
I have to go with centaur also had a A and H also and was very touchy to shoot for me the centaur shot nice you really cannot go by other guys you have to shoot a lot of bows and find that one or two or three that shoot but the a&h does perform good luck
42# toelke whip 42# toelke whistler

Offline Ydanny

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: February 12, 2017, 11:38:00 AM »
I think they are a great bow.  Other bows have came and gone but I always have at least one A&H on my rack.  I do like the jk riser the best.  I have been about three years trying to find a better setup for me and haven't.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©