3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: it can all change in an INSTANT.... down again, yup u told me so!  (Read 1091 times)

Offline adkmountainken

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
while working Tuesday towards the end of my route I slipped on the ice when I got up I instantly knew I separated my shoulder, not good! as I climbed back on the truck I felt my whole left side shift back in place with some grinding and a pop. awful pain for awhile and took today off work, I hope for a quick recovery without a need for doctors. I could not pull back a kids bow with suction cup arrows at this point....
I go by many names but Daddy is my favorite!
listen to everyone,FOLLOW NO ONE!!
if your lucky enough to spend time in the mountains...then your lucky enough!
What ever befalls the Earth befalls the sons of the Earth.

Offline Car54

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: it can all change in an INSTANT.... down again, yup u told me so!
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2017, 05:10:00 PM »
If you don't feel much better in a week, I would head to see the Doctor. Good luck on your recovery.

Online ronp

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2017, 05:42:00 PM »
Tough news Ken.  Ya really might want to consider seeing a doctor.  If you have some damage (and it sounds like you may have), it would speed the recovery.  Take care, my friend!
Ron Purdy

TGMM Family of the Bow
MTB
NRA

Offline mcgroundstalker

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2017, 05:45:00 PM »
Hey Ken... If you don't have your own x-ray machine home, maybe you should see a doctor soon... Just sayin'  :dunno:  ...

... mike ...
"Be faithful in small things because it is in them that your strength lies"

Offline Jason Kendall

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2017, 05:45:00 PM »
Ouch! Hope ya heal up quickly.

Offline 30coupe

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2017, 06:03:00 PM »
Originally posted by mcgroundstalker:
Hey Ken... If you don't have your own x-ray machine home, maybe you should see a doctor soon... Just sayin'   :dunno:   ...

... mike ...
I agree. I'm one who has a history of holding out until it gets better on its own. I now have a prosthetic knee as a consequence. Best to find out what damage you did, then make your own decision on whether or not to get the treatment they recommend.
Kanati 58" 44# @ 28" Green glass on a green riser
Bear Kodiak Magnum 52" 45# @ 28"
Bodnik Slick Stick longbow 58" 40# @ 28"
Bodnik Kiowa 52" 45# @ 28"
Kanati 58" 46# @ 28" R.I.P (2007-2015)
Self-made Silk backed Hickory Board bow 67" 49# @ 28"
Bear Black Bear 60" 45# @28"
NRA Life Member

Offline Steve Jr

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2017, 07:08:00 PM »
Sounds like some good advice here! I hope it's not to serious. Keep us updated    :pray:   for a speedy recovery.

Steve Jr
Steve Jr

Stalker Coyote FXT LB 58" & 48#@26"
Compton Traditional Bowhunters Life Member

Offline Pointer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2017, 07:12:00 PM »
So true Ken..in an instant. You should have it looked at just to see what's going on in there...

Feel better dude

Offline K.S.TRAPPER

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2017, 07:32:00 PM »
Don't be the tuff guy it could cost you, hope it's not bad and you can get to feeling better quickly.

I to slipped on the ice 4yrs ago this month, landed on my butt very hard. My neck snapped horribly and I was on blood thinners at the time. Went into the house with a horrible head ache and stiff neck, within a few hours a was throwing up uncontrollably but my head was terrible. I was rushed  to the hospital then flown to the KU med were the found 9 brain hemorrhages. 3 brain surgeries, removed my skull plate twice and a year and half of therapys learning to talk and walk again and I recovered pretty good. I have no memories of the hospital stay or a lot of therapys. Took a while but bow hunting came back and a lot of other things, just have to modify what I do.

So, don't put it off go have it checked out. Like you said it can change in an instant!

Tracy
You really haven't hunted the old fashion way until you've done it from one of these Indian houses.(The Tipi) "Glenn ST. Charles"

Online Tim Finley

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2017, 07:42:00 PM »
I would go to the doc you may have damaged more than you think !!!

Offline Sam McMichael

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2017, 08:34:00 PM »
I think you are making a serious mistake by not going to the doctor immediately. You said it was painful, and pain is the body's way of saying something is wrong. Don't fool around with a bad shoulder as it can end your archery career if there is an unattended problem.
Sam

Offline Deno

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2017, 08:59:00 PM »
See the Doc Ken so you don't pay in spades down the road my friend.
Deno
United Bowhunters of New Jersey
Traditional Archers of New Jersey
Traditional Archery Society
Howard Hill Wesley Special 70#
Howard Hill Big 5  65#

Offline Mike Vines

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: February 09, 2017, 09:12:00 PM »
Sorry to hear this Ken.  

In my non-doctor opinion, go to see a doctor.  We had a guy, at work, dislocate his shoulder 5 weeks ago.  They had him in a sling, immobilized, for 4 weeks then MRI revealed two torn ligaments and rotator cuff.  He had surgery yesterday and is expected to be out another 4-5 months.

Do yourself a favor, spend the money to get checked out now and not regret it when you get older.
Professional Bowhunters Society Regular Member

U.S. ARMY Military Police

Michigan Longbow Association Life Member/Past President

Online Stumpkiller

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: February 09, 2017, 09:21:00 PM »
Hope you heal fast, Ken.
Charlie P. }}===]> A.B.C.C.

Bear Kodiak & K. Hunter, D. Palmer Hunter, Ben Pearson Hunter, Wing Presentation II & 4 Red Wing Hunters (LH & 3 RH), Browning Explorer, Cobra II & Wasp, Martin/Howatt Dream Catcher, Root Warrior, Shakespeare Necedah.

Offline grouseshooter002

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: February 09, 2017, 09:35:00 PM »
Ken,
As most have said have it checked out by a doctor or go to the emergency room an have it checked out. It may be nothing or it could require more attention and it's always best to error on the safe side.

Regards,
Rick

Offline ron w

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: February 09, 2017, 09:37:00 PM »
Hey bud.......get your but to a doctor and not some local yahoo. Ortho N.Y. or the Bone and Joint center in Albany. Don't wait.
In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities. In the expert's there are few...So the most difficult thing is always to keep your beginner's mind...This is also the real secret of the arts: always be a beginner.  Shunryu Suzuki

Offline BenBow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: February 09, 2017, 09:49:00 PM »
Prayers for God's grace to provide quick and complete healing.
But his bow will remain steady, and his hands will be skillful; because of the hands of the Mighty One of Jacob, because of the Shepherd, the Rock of Israel,  (Genesis 49:24 [NETfree])

Offline FlintNSteel

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: February 09, 2017, 10:10:00 PM »
I would chime in with the rest and recommend a visit to a competent doctor.  A few years ago at work my wife slipped and went down on her thumb...bent it back  to her wrist.   Went to the "local yokel" who said she could go back to work on with some restrictions.  She's a machinist and that night could not even pick up parts or tools.  Came home crying half way through the night.  I rushed her up to Mayo Clinic and turned out the tendons were ripped right off the bone.  They took her into surgery immediately.

If we would not have gone when we did, eventually those things can't be fixed.  She would have lost the use of her thumb permanently.  Also a good example of why a person wants to see a competent doctor.
"In a land painted by our Maker's hand, teeming with wildlife, where but here can a man know such freedom?"  Primal Dreams

Offline DanielB89

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: February 09, 2017, 11:33:00 PM »
Originally posted by K.S.TRAPPER:
Don't be the tuff guy it could cost you, hope it's not bad and you can get to feeling better quickly.

I to slipped on the ice 4yrs ago this month, landed on my butt very hard. My neck snapped horribly and I was on blood thinners at the time. Went into the house with a horrible head ache and stiff neck, within a few hours a was throwing up uncontrollably but my head was terrible. I was rushed  to the hospital then flown to the KU med were the found 9 brain hemorrhages. 3 brain surgeries, removed my skull plate twice and a year and half of therapys learning to talk and walk again and I recovered pretty good. I have no memories of the hospital stay or a lot of therapys. Took a while but bow hunting came back and a lot of other things, just have to modify what I do.

So, don't put it off go have it checked out. Like you said it can change in an instant!

Tracy
Tracy,

I had no idea!  Glad you're alright, bud!  I will be texting you soon to share my hopes of a big cat fish on my line! haha!
"Blessed is the man who trusts in the LORD And whose trust is the LORD. Jeremiah 17:7

"There is a way which seems right to a man,
But its end is the way of death."  Proverbs 14:12

Online frank bullitt

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: February 10, 2017, 07:34:00 AM »
Yes, to all the above!                                

Assuming no accident report? Not good.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©