3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Rampart?  (Read 474 times)

Online MnFn

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Rampart?
« on: February 10, 2017, 09:10:00 AM »
Anybody else shooting a Rampart?  I bought one from Lethalflight57 and found it to be a really nice longbow.  

I love the grip and it seems very stable. Frankly, I like it so much it is one of the bows I am taking bear hunting this year. 54# @28" is towards the top end of poundage for me, but this bow is very shootable.

Just wondering if there were very many out there, I don't see much mention of them.
"By the looks of his footprint he must be a big fella"  Marge Gunderson (Fargo)

"Ain't no rock going to take my place". Luke 19:40

Offline old_goat2

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Rampart?
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2017, 10:03:00 AM »
They are highly popular in Colorado where the bowyer lived prior to his passing. Recently Buddy Gould of Poison Dart bows acquired his forms and is making legacy Rampart Longbows and Recurves. I always told people they are the best bows they never heard of. Buddy is on here sometimes, might be a sponsor, not sure! John sold all his bows through rmsgear, so if there is anything in particular you want to know, they know it all! One thing I can tell you is that if you reverse the last two digits of the serial number, that's the year the bow was made, so if the last two digits are 21 for instance, it was made in 2012.
David Achatz
CPO USN Ret.
Various bows, but if you see me shooting, it's probably a Toelke in my hand!

Online MnFn

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2017, 01:55:00 PM »
Thank you for the info, David.
"By the looks of his footprint he must be a big fella"  Marge Gunderson (Fargo)

"Ain't no rock going to take my place". Luke 19:40

Offline Lethalflight57

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2017, 02:38:00 PM »
I own a Rampart recurve that I am considering possibly letting go, and I have three Rampart long bows.  They are awesome bows, and I enjoy them all.  But unfortunately, not shooting them...enough.  Too many bows and I'm trying to settle on a preferred recurve and longbow as go too bows. I reluctantly sold one longbow (yep, had four Rampart longbows) to Gary but was happy it went to a good home, and a great guy. I have one up for sale in the classifieds now.  Awesome bows for sure!

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©