3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Chinese knock offs?!!Guys I need ur opinions!  (Read 534 times)

Offline Robin Chung

• Trad Bowhunter
Chinese knock offs?!!Guys I need ur opinions!
« on: February 14, 2017, 03:06:00 PM »
Hey everybody!My name is Robin Cheung,Im a traditional archer and barebow archer,also A bow dealer.I live in China and had been to the states twice.
      (My english sucks sorry,I basically learn it by myself)
       Last month I and my crew had been to kalamazoo expo,it was an awsome event!So many trad guys gathered here and I was happy about so many folks could share the same spirit and belief!Not to mention the catchy bows with all the bells and whistles!
       As soon as we put our feet in here,we began to greet different bowyers and grab a fat bunch of bows from them,everything was perfect until someone told my camera guy to stop filming his products,I was so confused at first and then He said he dont wanna us do knock offs.
       That was really hurting my feelings,as I said Im a bow dealer,I sold hundreds of bows and numerous accessories a year on my own in China,and the very most of them were imported from US and Scotland,none of the bows are knock off,now,I was scapegoated for chinese knock offs?Just because Im a Chinese?
       I confronted him and told him Im a decent man,Im not that guy play the dirty game who gonna jeopardise your folks livelihoods,and grabbed over $2000 worth of accessories without hesitation and after that I told him we look for long term business and I would never fool u folks around!Finally there was a big smile on his face.Even though,many folks still stared at us with suspicious.
       In my opinion,your American folks have stronger personalities and always been forward.We have had good relationships with many famous bowyers but in a few occasions some of them had an idea that our crew gonna copy their stuff one day,its pretty awkward!
       Indeed there are culture differences and prejudices among the two countries, I truely wanna work it out somehow,to be honest,Its a shame of being surrounded by hilarious knock offs.LOL
       I really enjoyed my stay in the states,your hospitality is a great honor for me,Im very impressed by your original thoughts and independent、tough characters!Not to mention your amazing shooting skill!Even the kids!what an advanced community!Chinese traditional archery circle is also expanding rapidly!
       So,folks,plz give me some advises on how to do a better job in this traditional archery business and benefit both sides...
       For the record,I would never ever do kock offs!I got a main job which is irrelavent and work 24/7,I really committe myself to this career,I got a strong desire to be someone!
      Thx folks!
No knock-offs!!!
Respect all ya original ideas!
Build up our reputation!
Having fun...

Offline wingnut

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Chinese knock offs?!!Guys I need ur opinions!
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2017, 03:53:00 PM »
You have to understand that others from Korea and China have done the same as you were and bowyers saw there products duplicated and sold the very next year.

So it's hard to trust when people have been burned before.

Mike
Mike Westvang

Offline John146

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2017, 04:08:00 PM »
Robin,

You handle it as well as you could have I believe but as wingnut said others have been burned before.

I think this is one of those instances where good folks can find themselves in a tense situation because of what bad folks have done. Just keep doing it right and it will work out.
Todd Trahan
All of Creation Gives God Glory!

Offline zipper bowss

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2017, 04:14:00 PM »
Robin, It was a pleasure meeting you and your guys.I hope to see you all again one day. I do not know who asked you about knocking off bows. Thankfully though he could see your true intentions once you explained yourself.
 Although we have had knock off issues before. I can say personally that the thought never entered my mind of you or your guys. Reason 1) Strait away you introduced yourself and stated your intent to buy for a customer. You were even in contact with the customer at the time of purchase. Reason 2) This is the main reason! You guys were enjoying the shoot! I saw you all back and forth shooting bows all weekend and just having a good time. It is always great to see folks enjoy themselves. It can be fairly obvious when someone is just enjoying themselves or taking a closer look at a product than they should be.

Here are a couple of suggestions that might make things easier for you next time.
1)If possible you and your guys could speak English to each other about the bows (or whatever you are interested in) when you are near the vendor. That would let him know right off that you have nothing to hide.
2) Do not wear matching shirts with a business name on them.Unless you explain that when you introduce yourself.

Please do not take the question about knock off bows to personally. We like to know where we stand and usually figure a direct question is the fastest way to find that out.
Bill

Offline Stixbowdrew

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2017, 05:25:00 PM »
Bill, you took the words from my mouth! X2
All we have to decide is what to do with the time given to us.

www.selwayarcheryproducts.com

Offline Caughtandhobble

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2017, 06:41:00 PM »
Welcome to Tradgang my friend. Sorry, I have no advise for you. It sounds to me as you handled your situation with grace, well done.

Offline ChuckC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2017, 06:42:00 PM »
Like many things in life ( look around you) there are many people of many groups.  Some are wonderful and a few are... well, not.  Those, unfortunately, are the ones that folks hear about and develop issues about.  Those issues, then, become issues for that entire group.  Right or wrong, that is the way it is everywhere in the world that I have traveled.

Look at ****, in the archery section.  Look carefully at bows, broadheads, blunt tips ( yeah judo points), and almost anything else that has been around forever.  They are copied, some nearly exactly, and sold for cheap.

In my career ( I am retired now) I ran into this on a much larger scale with big equipment.

You may be ( and I hope it is true) a very wonderful person who wants to do the right thing and make something of himself.  I applaud that.  In this country, that does not include copying someone else's product without their expressed permission.

Good luck in your endeavors.
ChuckC

Offline Jon Stewart

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2017, 06:53:00 PM »
I am not so sure it was illegal to film at that public event. How can anyone tell one person not to film and then let 20 others take photo's. Hundred and hundreds of photo's were taken at K-Zoo I am sure.

Sorry for your bad experience with "that" dealer but most would be honored to have their bow recognized, brought back to another country and maybe purchased.

Offline YORNOC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2017, 07:14:00 PM »
Be yourself, people who do not already trust you soon will. You sound like a pretty good guy to me, very passionate about traditional archery.
You did fine, and I hope you are welcomed in the future as you start to build relationships here.
Good luck, shoot straight!   :campfire:
David M. Conroy

Offline Steve Jr

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2017, 07:26:00 PM »
Hey Robin, glad you made to the States for a great traditional archery expo. I watched you shoot most of the 3D shoot. My buddies son Bruce shot in your group I was curious about your buddy vidioing the whole thing. But now I get it. You are a pretty good shot! Anyhow I hope you take all of these fellows words that are responding to heart and stand as a man of your word. Hope to see you again and I will introduce myself.

Take care and good shooting,

Steve Jr
Steve Jr

Stalker Coyote FXT LB 58" & 48#@26"
Compton Traditional Bowhunters Life Member

Offline gvdocholiday

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2017, 07:33:00 PM »
I'll be interested to see your Kalamazoo video when it's edited.
"Live like you ain't afraid to die....don't be scared, just enjoy the ride."

Offline Crested Finger

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2017, 08:36:00 PM »
Sounds like an old racist to me. Lots of bigots in the world. Just have to leave them behind and move on with life.
Feathers are friends!

Offline ChuckC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2017, 09:49:00 PM »
Probably a misogynist too, and ( what were those other things half the population is now being called)...?

Offline Robin Chung

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: February 14, 2017, 10:08:00 PM »
Hi Bill,thanks for ur advises!Such brilliant ideas!Its a honor to meet at Kzoo!
   I began to shoot 4 year ago and rather enjoy it ever since!Iv participated in many paper target shooting competitions in China and did well...but we have no 3 D shooting at all!(The targets are hard to get and our country is overcrowded with people,no space for that)But we will figure it out someday!
No knock-offs!!!
Build up our reputation!
Having fun...

Offline Duncan

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: February 14, 2017, 10:15:00 PM »
I'd like to see the video too. I've never been to K'zoo. It's kind of funny that I live right here in America and have never been to k'zoo. And they traveled halfway around the world to get there! Proves these guys love Trad bows!
Member NCBA

Offline Robin Chung

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: February 14, 2017, 10:34:00 PM »
Originally posted by wingnut:
You have to understand that others from Korea and China have done the same as you were and bowyers saw there products duplicated and sold the very next year.

So it's hard to trust when people have been burned before.

Mike
Thats what is happenning everyday!Sir I feel terribly sorry about that...
   I respect all of your bowyers' efforts and your intellectual properties,many of you make a living from that,I wont jeopardise your careers!
  Truely,some chinese bowyers took your original designs as granted which also pissed me off !
No knock-offs!!!
Build up our reputation!
Having fun...

Online Trenton G.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: February 14, 2017, 10:46:00 PM »
Originally posted by gvdocholiday:
I'll be interested to see your Kalamazoo video when it's edited.
I'm interested as well. Did you film some of the 3D shoot?

Offline Robin Chung

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: February 14, 2017, 10:58:00 PM »
Originally posted by Jon Stewart:
I am not so sure it was illegal to film at that public event. How can anyone tell one person not to film and then let 20 others take photo's. Hundred and hundreds of photo's were taken at K-Zoo I am sure.

Sorry for your bad experience with "that" dealer but most would be honored to have their bow recognized, brought back to another country and maybe purchased.
Hey bro,I didn't take it as a bad experiments at all! In fact I would rather folks be forward to me than been conservative. That dealer is my friend now!  I bought a lot from him and got many positive feedbacks from china!
No knock-offs!!!
Build up our reputation!
Having fun...

Offline South MS Bowhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: February 14, 2017, 10:59:00 PM »
To be fair to Robin and his countrymen they are not the first nor will they be the last to copy some other design or creation.

Look around at some of our own American bows and you will see quite a few variations of others original design   :saywhat:

And as they say imitations is the greatest form of compliment  or something like that.

Not to cause a rift here, but copying of original design is nothing new and will continue to happen.

So has bowyers or inventor of products the best safe guard would be to apply for patent and copy rights.
Everything I have and have become is due to the Lord and his great mercy.

Offline Robin Chung

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: February 14, 2017, 11:11:00 PM »
Originally posted by Steve Jr:
Hey Robin, glad you made to the States for a great traditional archery expo. I watched you shoot most of the 3D shoot. My buddies son Bruce shot in your group I was curious about your buddy vidioing the whole thing. But now I get it. You are a pretty good shot! Anyhow I hope you take all of these fellows words that are responding to heart and stand as a man of your word. Hope to see you again and I will introduce myself.

Take care and good shooting,

Steve Jr
I sucked at 3 D shooting,my form was not that bad just lack of practices in 3 d shooting(Its hard to get a proper target!The shipping fee is insane,U guys got a beteer idea?)Bruce is very talented for his age!
   Nice to sling arrows with u guys,I wont give it up !
No knock-offs!!!
Build up our reputation!
Having fun...

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©