3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: The Undesirables  (Read 1029 times)

Offline Jasper2

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: The Undesirables
« Reply #20 on: March 04, 2017, 09:58:00 AM »
When you're a lefty and only like a certain style of bow, your options are extremely limited. My top five have already been mentioned.

-wrong style
-wrong weight
-wrong length
-No PayPal (not a deal breaker just very inconvenient for me so I usually move on)
-Priced too high (though I will usually make an offer if the bow is on my wish list)
Take care,
Jason

56" Centaur Chimera 50#@27"

Offline kadbow

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: March 04, 2017, 09:58:00 AM »
Specs/style
Price
Limbsavers (loud bow)
No PayPal
Too fancy (skins, pierce points, spliced limbs etc)
Bows that have changed hands multiple times in a short period

Pics are kind of a pain on this site so I give people a pass if they want to email them but I don't do text pics because you can't see enough detail.
Colorado Traditional Archers Society
Colorado Bowhunters Association
Grand Mesa Bowmen
Compton Traditional Bowhunters

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Orion

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
  • Contributing Member
« Reply #22 on: March 04, 2017, 10:03:00 AM »
I don't peruse the ads to look for a bow to buy. I have a specific bow in mind, including length, weight and condition.  If I find it, and the price is reasonable, I buy it.

I won't pay the 3% fee that some sellers try to push on to the buyers though.  Why should the buyer pay the fee?  The convenience and safety features are as great or greater for the seller.  The seller gets the money immediately and the money is guaranteed. No hassle worrying about bad checks or fraudulent money orders.  

In all other financial credit transactions, the merchant/seller pays the cost. (Now, they may incorporate that cost into the price of the item, but they pay for the transaction.) The buyer, of course, also pays interest on the loan, which is what a Paypal transaction is. Why should he pay the seller as well? I won't.

Offline T4HALO

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: March 04, 2017, 10:10:00 AM »
It has to be a bow I know I can sell quick if I don't like it.  

I don't buy bows with someone elses name on it.
7th & 10th SF retired

Online kat

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: March 04, 2017, 10:36:00 AM »
1. It is right handed. ( I am a lefty)
2. Too much weight. I draw close to 30", and can't handle the heavy weights anymore.
3. No pictures. Pictures help to sell a bow. No pictures usually make me just move on.
4. Priced higher than I think it is worth
5. Short length. I prefer 62" and above for recurves and >66" in a longbow.
Ken Thornhill

Offline yaderehey

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: March 04, 2017, 10:47:00 AM »
1) Specs, if it's not in my specs there's not much point in looking.  Or if I already have one/tried one, I'm probably not looking.
2) Pics.  Can't imagine buying a bow sight unseen.  Some guys go on a rant when they send pictures to someone and don't get a response back.  I used to always try and respond back.  I got tired of trying to explain why I was no longer interested in a bow after seeing the pics.  Here's the deal for me if you can't or won't post pics in your ad.   I'm only gonna request pics if I'm truly interested in your bow.  If I don't get the pics for some reason I'll let you know.  If I get the pics and like them I'll be getting back to you.  If I get the pics and think the bow is fugly to my eye or looks a little more beat up than I expected I'm probably not.  Which goes to #3.
3) Looks aren't everything, but anymore I'm looking for a bow that pleases my eye as well.
4) Price.  I'm generally looking for a used bow to be discounted somewhere around 40% from new.  I have bought bows only 20% or so discounted, but they were a year or less old and they looked like brand new.
5) Payment method.  I'll do a USPS money order or PayPal.  I understand some don't like PayPal, that doesn't bother me.  Orion is right on about the PayPal fee.  All the protection in a PayPal transaction goes to the seller.  If you are the one receiving all that protection maybe you ought to be the one paying the fee for it.  The only benefit to the buyer is maybe convenience (I say maybe because I have to go to my bank and deposit money in my dedicated PayPal account.  Just as easy for me to go to the post office and get a MO) and it may get the bow in his hands a little faster.  
6) Communication.  I like a little communication back and forth.  I've had a bunch of great transactions buying and selling on Trad Gang over the years.  I've only had a couple guys fudge/outright lie about the condition of a bow, and those happened years ago.

Offline Keith Zimmerman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: March 04, 2017, 11:21:00 AM »
I like fancy bows.

Offline ron w

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: March 04, 2017, 11:37:00 AM »
Poundage, poundage, poundage. Photos aren't big thing, they can be e-mailed. I have bought a bunch of bows from different seller without seeing a photo. And last but not least......price. If can put a $150 more in and get a brand new one......I ain't playing. It does not have to 1/2 price but I have bought many that were close. If you won't buy a bow or inquire  because there are no photos.......you don't want it very bad.
In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities. In the expert's there are few...So the most difficult thing is always to keep your beginner's mind...This is also the real secret of the arts: always be a beginner.  Shunryu Suzuki

Offline ShrtRnd

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: March 04, 2017, 12:26:00 PM »
1 - Length, either too short or too long for my liking. I tend to favour 60-64" Bows.

2 - Poundage. I tend to fall into the #55-#65 range, although I will consider #50 if the Bow has caught my eye

3 - Paypal. Stopped using it years ago due to the 3% fee. Started using EMT (electronic money transfer) as it is through your bank to the sellers bank directly/instantly and tends to have better encryption/security features in place. When I factor in any conversion involved (I'm Canadian) the added 3% Paypal fee can add up fast on my end making the deal unfeasable.

4 - (I say this respectfully) Shipping US Cont only - I understand peoples fears on this, there's alot that can happen when moving something between borders.

As a buyer, I'm always willing/offering the extra $$ to cover costs and waive any liability of loss to the seller. It's the least I can do to let the seller know I am serious about purchasing from them. Conversely if I am the seller I'd offer the same reassurance to my American counterparts. The goal of any transaction is a mutual happiness between both parties in my opinion.

I've passed by some Bows I was seriously interested in soley based on the above notes. That being said, I haven't encountered any negative or rude replies back to the people I have contacted here or anywhere else regarding Trad Bows Classifieds,  so it a testament to our community. Kudos to everyone for that.
Robertson Stykbow Peregrine 60" #65@29"
Robertson Stykbow Prairie Falcon 62" #62@29"
Robertson Stybow Mystical 66" #60@28"
Stalker Coyote FXT  RC 62" #53@29"

Offline tippit

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: March 04, 2017, 12:47:00 PM »
Pictures!  Don't get me wrong as I have way too many bows, the ones that interest me are the cheap odd balls...ones that I can re-work weight or shape.  Even if I screw it up, it become a fun learning experience...tippit
TGMM Family of the Bow
VP of Consumption MK,LLC

Offline Bowwild

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #30 on: March 04, 2017, 12:56:00 PM »
Not for me:
1. Wrong hand (if not LH I don't open)
2. Not a recurve (if not a Recurve I don't open)
3. Draw weight too heavy
4. Not a brand/model I'm interested in.
5. Too long

While I certainly like to see pictures, if the perfect bow and specs are offered I'd go to the trouble of asking for pictures.

The prices are generally in line because unfortunately resale isn't very good these days and most posters know this and price their offering accordingly.

Online MnFn

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #31 on: March 04, 2017, 06:05:00 PM »
Poundage. Has to be between 50 and 55.
"By the looks of his footprint he must be a big fella"  Marge Gunderson (Fargo)

"Ain't no rock going to take my place". Luke 19:40

Offline Straitshot

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #32 on: March 04, 2017, 07:33:00 PM »
1.I can't imagine anyone trying to sell something on line and not providing pictures. If you don't know how to download them then at least be willing to email them even to tire kickers.
2. I disagree with others on the PayPal 3% as it is as much or more of a protection for a buyer as for the seller. I don't mind paying the PayPal 3% for the convience of a fast transaction and the guarantee if I don't get the item I can get my money back.
3. I just think the economy is down and many folks are not spending as freely as before.
4. Bow specs. have to be in my wheel house or I am not interested.
5. I prefer the looks and feel of wood over metal so I seldom look at the newer bows with metal risers.
A man's true measure is not found in what he says, but in what he does.

Offline Caughtandhobble

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #33 on: March 04, 2017, 08:00:00 PM »
-Name on bow

-Wrong Tiller

-High Price

-Bad seller

-No detailed pictures

:archer2:

Offline NBK

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #34 on: March 05, 2017, 12:04:00 AM »
I agree with all the above but I think that the name carries the most weight on how quick it sells.
Mike

"I belong anywhere but in between"

Offline BWallace10327

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #35 on: March 05, 2017, 05:31:00 PM »
Originally posted by Straitshot:

3. I just think the economy is down and many folks are not spending as freely as before.
risers.
I would love to see a down economy.  The Colorado "green rush" has this state on the brink of overpopulation with the wrong kinds of people. Talk about undesirables...
***$ Brent Wallace $***
NRA Life Time Member

Offline Scott E

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #36 on: March 05, 2017, 06:00:00 PM »
Too heavy draw weight. Anything over 53# is not for me.

Too short of a length.

Price is too high.

No photos or poor quality photos

The name brand of the bow has to be on my want list.
Self reliance cannot be bought

Offline slowbowjoe

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #37 on: March 05, 2017, 06:43:00 PM »
I think a lot is also luck and timing; the right fit of person and bow. I do believe pics help a lot... I've only figured out how to post them here yesterday. A little  frustrating before that got figured out, but I've still been doing OK overall on the classifieds.

Offline Hummer3T

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #38 on: March 05, 2017, 07:22:00 PM »
You get burnt once and don't go there again.  I bought a bow a couple years ago, the riser had issues with a replaced insert... the little things you can't see from someone you don't know.

I think so many people know other and have dealt with them "those bows sell" other you take percautions and don't bother dealing with "those bows don't".
Life is about learning from your mistakes!

Chek-mate hunter I 62" riser with 60" limbs 49&42lbs@28

Samick Sage 62" 50lbs@28

Big Jim Mountain Monarch Recurve  60 inch / 50 lbs @ 28

Online McDave

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #39 on: March 05, 2017, 08:19:00 PM »
When it comes right down to it, unless you are in the business of buying and selling bows, you should buy a bow to use and not sell.  At some point, we may have to sell them for a variety of reasons.  In my case, getting old and not being able to handle the same bow weight, or in some cases, something comes up in life and you just need the money.  It could be worse; at least there is a market for used bows.  Imagine selling that fabulous sofa or lounge chair you bought a few years ago for several thousand dollars.  How much would it be worth now?  Several hundred dollars?  Lower than that, I'm afraid.
TGMM Family of the Bow

Technology....the knack of arranging the world so that we don't have to experience it.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©