3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: The Undesirables  (Read 1028 times)

Offline Bowwild

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: The Undesirables
« Reply #40 on: March 05, 2017, 08:41:00 PM »
I agree with McDave.  I've never bought a bow with the intent of selling it.  Of course that's exactly what happened to most of them.

I'm no longer in the market much these days so much of my input here is past tense.  When I bought or traded for a bow (usually bought) it was because I liked what I read or pictures I had seen (mostly here).  When I didn't like a bow it was NEVER the bow's fault, it just didn't retain my attention.  Funny how many I thought were perfect....for a few days, weeks, months, and for a couple, a few years. And then the weren't.

I remember one bow, a very popular model, I bought and didn't like it right away.  Thank goodness that bow was very popular (I'm sure for good reason) and I sold it in less than a day for what I paid.

Offline Hud

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
  • 360-921-5779
« Reply #41 on: March 06, 2017, 02:24:00 AM »
I enjoy looking, even if I am not a buyer. I like bows by a few select bowyers, and some no longer in production. I would prefer to buy a good used bow than new, but the price needs to be reasonable. I have ended up with several bows that were misrepresented.  I wish there was a simple but effective way to rate a deal. If someone asks me for a refund, they get it. I respect a seller that is honest, and remember the ones that are not. If I ask four questions and get one, or two answered, I move on.
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline GreyGoose

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #42 on: March 06, 2017, 09:54:00 AM »
I think many of us already own at least several bows, each of which incorporates something we really like.  I'm at that point now, with five.  For me to consider adding one, it's got to offer the features of several of the ones I own now.  It's got to look good as well as being a good shooter, so, yes, even for a familiar bowyer and style, if pictures are posted, I probably won't think ab out it again.  I love looking at all of the offerings in the classified, though, whether I'm even remotely interested in buying a particular one or not.
Jim

Offline DanielB89

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #43 on: March 06, 2017, 10:20:00 AM »
1. Sex appeal - To me, i have to like the design of it, good looking wood is just a bonus to me!

2. Necessity - Do I need it?  Do I already have one similar? Etc.

3. Price - Price is a pretty big deal for me.  I can't see paying 85% of a new one.  I am a $500-$700 guy.  I couldn't see paying much more than that no matter what the bow is.

4. Bank Account - Tough to buy a bow on IOU's. lol.  

I think there are a few other factors that effect the sell of a bow, as others have mentioned, taking the time to post a picture helps.  I try to email people and post their pics for them when they have an email address if for nothing than to help them sell their bow.  

The turn around time of a bowyer and amount of those bows in circulation matter as well.  I have noticed some bows that will just sit there, but its because there are 5 others offered as well.  Some of the best sellers i've seen are Schafers, Centaurs, Caribou, Big Jim's etc.
"Blessed is the man who trusts in the LORD And whose trust is the LORD. Jeremiah 17:7

"There is a way which seems right to a man,
But its end is the way of death."  Proverbs 14:12

Offline Pointer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #44 on: March 06, 2017, 09:32:00 PM »
It's too short...It's too light/heavy...Too much like a bow I already own...Price...I have too many bows already    :archer:

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©