3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Snuffers... Gone for good?  (Read 1455 times)

Online Rando

• Trad Bowhunter
Snuffers... Gone for good?
« on: March 14, 2017, 04:20:00 PM »
Huge Snuffer fan, and now so is my son which has definitely put a strain on my aged supply. Had hoped some manufacturer would pick up this proven head, but I don't see 'em out there now that I'm in a position to replenish what I had. Just wondering if anyone's heard any glimmers of hope or if there are any remaining 160 grainers available anywhere?
Rando

Online Buckeye1977

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Snuffers... Gone for good?
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2017, 04:22:00 PM »
Some on classifieds right now
Nick

PBS Associate member
JD Berry Viper 62” 50@28

Offline Zradix

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2017, 05:21:00 PM »
Have to check on stock but...
Nocking point carries them
simplytraditional.net carries them
bravehart says they have the 100 grain
Raptor says they have the 125 grain
KustomKing has 100 grain

add some woody weights..?

maybe one of these places can set you up..
If some animals are good at hunting and others are suitable for hunting, then the Gods must clearly smile on hunting.~Aristotle

..there's more fun in hunting with the handicap of the bow than there is in hunting with the sureness of the gun.~ F.Bear

Offline Michael Arnette

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2017, 05:35:00 PM »
I can't find the big 160 grain anywhere. Sad to see this proven head go! I've been a big fan

Offline Slickhead

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2017, 06:55:00 PM »
fs arrows has some

pricey though

you can get 6 original woodsmans for the price of 3 snuffers
Slickhead

Offline Biathlonman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2017, 07:24:00 PM »
I emailed inquiring what they were trying to sell the company for but never heard anything back.

Offline Anointed Archer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2017, 07:29:00 PM »
FS Archery wants $38 for 3 Snuffers, Wowsers!
For God was in Christ, reconciling the world to himself, no longer counting people’s sins against them. And he gave us this wonderful message of reconciliation.

Offline SlowBowinMO

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2017, 07:59:00 PM »
I am convinced the Snuffer is dead as far as production goes.  But it will live on as a legend and carefully stashed, thoughtfully used head for many decades to come.  Much like a Deadhead IMO.

As a big fan of the Snuffer that makes me sad of course.
"Down-Log Blind at Misty River"

Online Ryan Rothhaar

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2017, 08:39:00 PM »
I'd think someone would pick up the tooling for the progressive punch ferrule die if nothing else.  Don't know how they'd make the original woodsman if the ferrules dry up... they always used Snuffer ferrules for those as far as I know. Maybe three rivers will pick them up.

I chalk it up to the current "single bevel two blade" fad.  Geeze, those big three blade heads aren't worth a crap.... some guy wrote an article, you know.  You'll have plenty of cookie cutter look alike 1 inch wide two blade heads to choose from though.... in right AND left bevel....   :rolleyes:  

I picked big Snuffers up and hoarded them over the years, always thinking "what if?"... I've got a lifetime supply at around 300 heads now... but I'll guard them closer than I used to, likely won't gift many anymore....

R

Offline Dendy Cromer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2017, 09:20:00 PM »
I've put in a phone call or three to Mr. Smith. I never heard anything back. I like my two blade Mag II's, Looks like they're on the same boat as the snuffers.
Southern Zone Rep./Traditional Bowhunters of Georgia

Prov: 3, 5-6

Online Terry Green

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2017, 10:11:00 PM »
Yeah....I too kinda wish I wouldn't have sold my Snuffers...ESPECIALLY the 160s...and the ones I sanded down to the 125 width.....man I wish I had those still!!!!!
Tradbowhunting Video Store - https://digitalstore.tradgang.com/

Tradgang Bowhunting Merchandise - https://tradgang.creator-spring.com/?

Tradgang DVD - https://www.tradgang.com/tgstore/index.html

"It's important,  when going after a goal, to never lose sight of the integrity of the journey" - Andy Garcia

'An anchor point is not a destination, its  an evolution to conclusion'

Online Friend

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2017, 06:23:00 AM »
Enjoyed lot of fine action with snuffers.
>>----> Friend <----<<

My Lands… Are Where My Dead Lie Buried.......Crazy Horse

Offline RGKulas

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2017, 07:59:00 AM »
http://www.simplytraditional.net/product/tvarchery/

$42 for 6 heads at Thunder Valley Simply Traditional.

Offline Blaino

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: March 15, 2017, 08:57:00 AM »
Does anyone know if the equipment and name for sale?
"It's not the trophy, but the race. It's not the quarry,
but the chase."

Online Ray Lyon

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: March 15, 2017, 09:08:00 AM »
I used to use Snuffers for a short time in the 160 grain glue on size. The 100 grain (125 with aluminum insert) are very weak compared to a glue on 160. Kustom King Trailmaker is a very good option if you want a strong 3 blade head if you can't find any vintage snuffers.
Tradgang Charter Member #35

Offline Ken Taylor

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: March 15, 2017, 09:29:00 AM »
You guys made me think to check what I have left = 6 x 160's (installed on arrows) and a new pack of 6 x 145's.

Gees... eventually I may have to take some off of my "special kill" souvenir arrows!
May your next adventure lighten your heart, test your spirit, and nourish your soul.

Online Mint

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: March 15, 2017, 09:53:00 AM »
I've got four of them left but a bunch of woodsmans also.
The Constitution shall never be construed... to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms.

Samuel Adams

NYB Life Member
NRA Life Member

Offline Charlie Lamb

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: March 15, 2017, 09:59:00 AM »
I'm not sure but it seems to me that today's trad  bowhunters doubt the power of their recurves and longbows. Maybe it's because so many come from the compound world... lots of bad information about trad equipment floating around there.

It's almost as if they expect multiblade heads to bounce off of game. That sure hasn't been my experience.
As I age I've reduced the weight of the bows I shoot and I can tell you penetration is the least of my worries and I love huge 4 blade heads.

As Ryan stated, this has probably contributed to the demise of a fine broadhead. I don't use them, but sure hate to see them go.
Hunt Sharp

Charlie

Offline Brock

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: March 15, 2017, 10:21:00 AM »
Originally posted by Charlie Lamb:
I'm not sure but it seems to me that today's trad  bowhunters doubt the power of their recurves and longbows. Maybe it's because so many come from the compound world... lots of bad information about trad equipment floating around there.

It's almost as if they expect multiblade heads to bounce off of game. That sure hasn't been my experience.
As I age I've reduced the weight of the bows I shoot and I can tell you penetration is the least of my worries and I love huge 4 blade heads.

As Ryan stated, this has probably contributed to the demise of a fine broadhead. I don't use them, but sure hate to see them go.
Agree 100%
Keep em sharp,

Ron Herman
Compton's Traditional Bowhunters
Backcountry Hunters & Anglers
PBS Assoc since 1988
NRA Life
USAF Retired (1984-2004)

Offline Zradix

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: March 15, 2017, 10:23:00 AM »
Originally posted by Charlie Lamb:

I AGREE.
Now I've been a bit guilty of this too..but...
I think a lot of us are setting up our gear to water buffalo standards just to hunt deer....and are still worried about our setups.
If some animals are good at hunting and others are suitable for hunting, then the Gods must clearly smile on hunting.~Aristotle

..there's more fun in hunting with the handicap of the bow than there is in hunting with the sureness of the gun.~ F.Bear

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©