3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Killing vs .........  (Read 770 times)

Offline flyflinger

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Killing vs .........
« Reply #20 on: March 16, 2017, 09:29:00 PM »
Thanks for sharing your thoughts.
As already mentioned, this is the difference between this site and others ( and this traditional path we choose vs others).

Offline DanielB89

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: March 17, 2017, 10:25:00 AM »
Chad,

i've noticed a lot of the same.  One thing i've learned about myself is that I love the journey.  Almost more than harvesting an animal.  My favorite hunts are hunting with a good friend who hunts with a compound.  The reason it's so good is we have right at an hour walk in and out and we just get a lot of time to just shoot the bull.  

Walking in a mile by myself is completely different.  I have more enjoyment hunting with my buddy and not killing something than I do hunting solo and killing something, but that is just me.  I can't wait for the day when I can share my hunts with my son, Beau.  He is 2 now, but is already itching to go with me!
"Blessed is the man who trusts in the LORD And whose trust is the LORD. Jeremiah 17:7

"There is a way which seems right to a man,
But its end is the way of death."  Proverbs 14:12

Online Chad Orde

• Trad Bowhunter
    • Blog
« Reply #22 on: March 17, 2017, 10:35:00 AM »
Originally posted by DanielB89:
Chad,

i've noticed a lot of the same.  One thing i've learned about myself is that I love the journey.  Almost more than harvesting an animal.  My favorite hunts are hunting with a good friend who hunts with a compound.  The reason it's so good is we have right at an hour walk in and out and we just get a lot of time to just shoot the bull.  

Walking in a mile by myself is completely different.  I have more enjoyment hunting with my buddy and not killing something than I do hunting solo and killing something, but that is just me.  I can't wait for the day when I can share my hunts with my son, Beau.  He is 2 now, but is already itching to go with me!
Daniel,
I get that completely I got 3 little munchkins that always want too tag along. I love the camaraderie of a hunting buddy. Nothing like laughing, and getting that valuable unwind time together. With my buddy Almir that I had not seen in 8 years we even cried after I shot my buck this year when we where giving thanks to the Lord for such a great gift of friendship. Not to mention the climax of emotions when the hunt is over.
  When I hunt solo I think my mind slows down more and it is a more spiritual hunt. I take more in and its more personal.
God Bless you and your family Daniel, AMEN.

Chad
-------------------------------------
https://www.youtube.com/@Island_Drifter

https://www.instagram.com/island__drifter/

Failure is the condiment that gives success its flavor. Truman Capote

Online Buckeye1977

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: March 17, 2017, 11:36:00 AM »
Chad, great read and pics! This is why I returned to traditional archery last year. Just seemed like something was missing and as soon as put a trad bow back in my hand it all came back. By the way I received a string tracker from you a few weeks ago and it's awesome and hope to put it to good use in a few weeks! Thanks
Nick

PBS Associate member
JD Berry Viper 62” 50@28

Offline MCNSC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: March 17, 2017, 04:57:00 PM »
You hit on something, about evening hunting that I had never thought of.  While I do most of my hunting in the evenings because of work,  and Ireally like hunting evenings. I like it getting dark and the walk out in the dark. And I always knew that shooting a deer in the evening can be a pain, from trailing it to feeling rushed to get it out. But there is something missing, thinking it has a lot to do with the rushed feeling to find the animal and get it out, no time to relax and appreciate the moment.
"What was big was not the trout, but the chance. What was full was not my creel, but my memory"
 Aldo Leopold

"It hasn't worked right since I fixed it" My friend Ken talking about his lawn mower

Offline ksbowman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: March 18, 2017, 11:16:00 PM »
Great read Chad! I hunt most the time by my self. Really like hunting with a buddy, but not necessary. I have my most productive hunts in the mornings but, evening hunts are relaxing. I always walk in, in the mornings and out in the evenings with out a light unless it is pitch black out. It really lets you hear a lot of sounds you might over look otherwise. Doing the whole job yourself lets you know you don't have to have another to depend on. A real feeling of independence clear thru the butchering and processing, the way others hundreds of years ago did for sustenance.
I would've taken better care of myself,if I'd known I was gonna live this long!

Online ron w

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: March 19, 2017, 08:43:00 AM »
Good stuff.......
In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities. In the expert's there are few...So the most difficult thing is always to keep your beginner's mind...This is also the real secret of the arts: always be a beginner.  Shunryu Suzuki

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©