3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Another Bob Lee...  (Read 351 times)

Offline DHOWARD

• Trad Bowhunter
Another Bob Lee...
« on: March 23, 2017, 06:03:00 PM »
Well I did it.  I made the phone call yesterday and after a in depth conversation with JJ I now have a Bob Lee Signature long bow in the works. I will be sending them the riser from my Bob Lee Heavy Weight recurve so that they can make sure that the limb will be universal from one riser to the other.  This option will give me 4 different combinations out of the two risers and two sets of limbs.  My new riser will be 19" and made of African Shedua so it will be much lighter and 2" longer than my 17" Phenolic riser on my Heavy Weight.  The new long bow limbs will be 48/49# and overlayed with Birdseye Zebrawood versus my current recurve limbs at 45# that are overlayed with Mappa Burls.  JJ and I added a couple of inlay options that should allow the different combinations to blend well together.  I'm super excited!!!  By the way I can't say enough about Bob Lee and the customer service that they provide.  They are top notch in my book.     :clapper:
Bob Lee Heavyweight Recurve 60" 45#@28"
Bob Lee Exotic Signature Long Bow 62" 49"@28"

Offline A.S.

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Another Bob Lee...
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2017, 06:18:00 PM »
:clapper:

Offline daveycrockett

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2017, 07:01:00 PM »
They GOOD People!!!  :thumbsup:    :campfire:

Offline crazynate

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2017, 07:35:00 PM »
Awesome I love my bob lee. She's a shooter

Offline dagwood64

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2017, 10:04:00 AM »
If I can make a suggestion, make the new limbs draw weight to be at least 50#. Just in case you want to hunt, where they have a 50# minimum draw weight ( I have noticed some Bear and Hog sites require 50# or more). It's only a pound or two more.
I just ordered a set of limbs to go with my Sasquatch riser at 50#, just for that reason.
DEER THE OTHER RED MEAT!

62" Sasquatch T/D Hybrid 47@28
64" Sasquatch T/D Static Tip RC 50@28
64" Flatliner Stealth 45@29
64" Thunderstick III 55@29, for now.
60" Big Rock Black Hunter 35/40@28 (Daughter's)

Sirach 2:1-11

Offline DHOWARD

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2017, 04:13:00 PM »
Originally posted by dagwood64:
If I can make a suggestion, make the new limbs draw weight to be at least 50#. Just in case you want to hunt, where they have a 50# minimum draw weight ( I have noticed some Bear and Hog sites require 50# or more). It's only a pound or two more.
I just ordered a set of limbs to go with my Sasquatch riser at 50#, just for that reason.
I should get 50# when I put the 49# long bow limbs on the shorter 17" riser if my calculations are correct.  Thanks for the thought.
Bob Lee Heavyweight Recurve 60" 45#@28"
Bob Lee Exotic Signature Long Bow 62" 49"@28"

Offline FlintNSteel

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2017, 11:12:00 PM »
The only bow I've had that I kept for literally decades was a Bob Lee.  It about broke my heart to sell it last year, but with aging elbows I just couldn't take the weight anymore.  Well, I just had to replace it and added a brand new Bob Lee, lower in weight than the old one, in December.      :)
"In a land painted by our Maker's hand, teeming with wildlife, where but here can a man know such freedom?"  Primal Dreams

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©