3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Who owns a bear Magnesium?  (Read 515 times)

Offline DanielB89

• Trad Bowhunter
Who owns a bear Magnesium?
« on: March 25, 2017, 12:34:00 AM »
I just recently purchased one(haven't received it yet), and I am curious about replacement limbs.  I bought the bow knowing that it likely wouldn't work out, but I couldn't pass up the deal.  

Its a 56" bow, so i'm assuming it wont handle my 29.5" draw.  The limbs are #55@28.  

I am curious to know if the limbs are hard to find?  still being made?  Will any bear limb work?
"Blessed is the man who trusts in the LORD And whose trust is the LORD. Jeremiah 17:7

"There is a way which seems right to a man,
But its end is the way of death."  Proverbs 14:12

Offline Bowwild

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Who owns a bear Magnesium?
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2017, 07:49:00 AM »
I've had a few and still have one with Rose Oak #3 limbs.

Limbs are easy to find. Still being made by Bear and a few custom shops.

With that draw length I'd imagine you might want #3s which make a 60" bow on an A Riser.  The A Riser at 56" is wearing #1 limbs.

Great bows!

Offline ksbowman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2017, 09:05:00 AM »
I have 4 of them. My favorite limbs are #2 and I have a 29 1/4" draw length. The 58" length works great. I have some #3 and they are fine too, just like the 2 s better.
I would've taken better care of myself,if I'd known I was gonna live this long!

Offline Bill Turner

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2017, 10:10:00 AM »
The new Bear red tip limbs are great and fast flite compatible. #3 limbs will make a 60 inch bow on your "A" riser. Call Big Jim. You will not be sorry.

Offline Bud B.

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2017, 10:27:00 AM »
I have a LH A mag. Haven't shot it much, but it is a nice bow to have. A little heavier than your standard wood riser bow.

Let us know what you think once it arrives.
TGMM Family of the Bow >>>>---------->

"You can learn more about deer hunting with a bow and arrow in a week, than a gun hunter might learn all his life." ----- Fred Bear

Offline JimB

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2017, 10:34:00 AM »
The newer Bear limbs are the best that they have produced and can be had for $225 used or $350 new.I have a new pair on my old A Mag now.I shoot a 56" one with a 29" draw and like it but you may want to go to #3 limbs to make a 60" bow.Many of the people that made aftermarket limbs,don't anymore.

You could easily sell the limbs and buy what suits you.

Offline Kip

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2017, 10:50:00 AM »
Daniel   after we spoke last night when I got home looked what  I have. 3 sets of limbs the 56" 58" and 60".with A-risers
the mag riser 56" 48lbs. my wood riser I put on 60" limbs 50Lbs and the 58" are 45lbs. will be used when I no longer shoot 50 lbs.getting close to 70 years old so who knows when that will happen.Hope this info helps.Kip

Online smokin joe

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2017, 02:25:00 PM »
The A-mag is a great bow riser. I have 2 right now, plus a couple of other Bear TD bows.

One of the great things about the Bear magnesium riser is that it is so versatile. There are 3 different grips, and three lengths of limbs. And the adjustable side plate is a great tuning aid. All of the Bear TD limbs should fit the A-mag riser. I have never had a pair of TD limbs (bear or custom) that didn't fit all of my Bear TD risers -- and I have had a bunch of both limbs and risers.

As some above have said, try some #3 limbs and you will be impressed. That being said, Bear #1 limbs will probably shoot well for you if the finger pinch of short limbs doesn't bother you too much.

If you can fine Rose Oak #3 limbs (no longer made) or Border Archery #3 limbs for the Bear TD (no longer made) on the used bow classifieds, you will be impressed by the speed advantage they provide. However, the newer Bear fast flight limbs are pretty impressive as well.

I sold all of my original Bear TD limbs a few years ago, except one set that are still like new. I was so impressed with the smooth and fast newer limbs that I never used the Grayling limbs any longer.

Have fun with your Bear TD. It is one heck of a terrific design.
TGMM
Compton
PBS
Trad Gang Hall of Fame

Offline DanielB89

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2017, 09:44:00 PM »
I will try to find me some good limbs.  I would like some a little lighter, but I will try them out first.  

Does anyone want to trade?

:bigsmyl:  :bigsmyl:  :bigsmyl:
"Blessed is the man who trusts in the LORD And whose trust is the LORD. Jeremiah 17:7

"There is a way which seems right to a man,
But its end is the way of death."  Proverbs 14:12

Offline Davt

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2017, 08:34:00 PM »
I have two, an A handle and a B handle. I like the newer bear limbs better than the old. I have a set of #2 Rose Oaks that I use on a Bear A handle wood but can use on the Mag handles as well. Great bows but I shoot my Robertsons more so I may be cleaning house in the next few months. Good bows though, I wouldn't worry about limbs at all.
Dav

Offline SAM E. STEPHENS

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2017, 09:56:00 PM »
I have been shooting a wood A riser with #1 limbs and the 56in is good for me at 30in draw. It shoots great and has become the bow I carry most. The limbs are the new red tips and are a well made good quality limb.

,,,Sam,,,
HUNT OLD SCHOOL

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©