3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: How To: What is a podcast, and how do I Listen??  (Read 1161 times)

Offline ThePushArchery

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
How To: What is a podcast, and how do I Listen??
« on: April 04, 2017, 12:28:00 PM »
Hey everyone,

In an effort to spread and provide more traditional archery content to the Bowhunting community, Tim Nebel and I have started a new Podcast. "The Push, a traditional archery podcast".

So what is a podcast?? A podcast is simply a digital radio show, that you as the listener can consume whenever and wherever you like.

Tired of listening to the same song or morning show over and over on your commute to work through local radio?? Why not listen to content that interests you, like traditional archery!

So for those unfamiliar with how to start consuming podcasts on your phones or other devices, here is a quick how to, to get you listening! The interviews that we've done so far are hyper-packed with information for all traditional archers, regardless of your interest within our sport, we have guests that will tickle your fancy!

So below is a quick how to, on how to start listening in.

Step 1: Decide if you have a desire to listen on your mobile device / phone / tablet / car / etc. If not, and you want to tune in on your PC, then simply click on the following link directly to our show page and you can listen in right on your PC. The page has all the Episodes listed, ready for consumption:

http://thepushpodcast.libsyn.com

Step 2: You've decided you want to listen to podcasts in the car, or from one of your devices. (Phone / tablet / iPad / etc) First you will need to download a Podcast Hosting app. Popular hosting apps are iTunes Podcast / Podbean / Stitcher. So go to your devices App Store: (may look different on an android device) and search for "Podcasts" - this will bring up many different podcast hosting apps. Go ahead and download one to your device, and you're one step closer to tuning in...

These popular podcast hosting apps are free to download and there is no cost to listen to Podcast Shows or Episodes! Here are what the icons look like on the top 3 podcast hosting apps (iTunes Podcast / Podbean / Stitcher)

Step 3: Open up your newly downloaded Podcast Hosting App and search for your desired podcast subject. (i.e. "Traditional Archery" / "The Push - a traditional archery podcast" / "Bowhunting" / etc..)

Step 4: choose a show that you'd like to start following and click "subscribe" or "follow". After you subscribe, your podcast host app will notify you when a new episode has launched, and you can change the settings to download automatically if you wish. Additionally, you can go back and listen to past episodes anytime you like.

Step 5: Go to an episode, plug in our headphones or hook up to your car and start enjoying shows that actually interest you!!

I hope this helps someone who has had an interest in Podcasts but just wasn't sure what they were or how to get to them. The Push Podcast has a very long list of guests lined up that all Trad Archers will be interested in listening in for. We launch a new Episode every Sunday with a new guest, you won't want to miss out!

There are many other great Bowhunting related podcasts, our very own Jason Samkowiak has a great podcast as well called "The traditional Bowhunting and wilderness podcast" which is packed with practical / functional trad Bowhunting advice.

Enjoy the show everyone!!

Offline Michael Arnette

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: How To: What is a podcast, and how do I Listen??
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2017, 01:01:00 PM »
:clapper:

Offline TealCoin

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2017, 01:47:00 PM »
Car driving has never been so fun since I began listening to archery podcasts.  Sure makes time fly.

Online Friend

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2017, 02:18:00 PM »
Thank you kindly for the informative instruction.
>>----> Friend <----<<

My Lands… Are Where My Dead Lie Buried.......Crazy Horse

Online Captain*Kirk

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2017, 02:49:00 PM »
:thumbsup:  Thanks for the excellent tutiorial (and the podcasts!)
Aim small,miss small

Offline crazynate

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2017, 03:53:00 PM »
Love the podcasts. Great to listen to while driving

Offline ThePushArchery

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2017, 08:32:00 AM »
Thanks guys! Just really don't want anyone to miss out on these interviews! It's one thing to know one of these icons of our sport through their writings, online forum presence, or maybe a video production. But it's just so cool to listen to them in a "campfire setting" shooting the breeze about this sport we all love.

Thanks for listening guys. This is too much fun.

Offline Iowabowhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2017, 08:52:00 AM »
Just an FYI- Podcast Addict is also 100% free, but what I really like about it is that I can actually download the specific podcast episode from the comfort of my home (where I have wifi internet access) then when I'm on the road I can play the podcast without destroying my data limits!
Associate PBS member NRA member DU and Pheasants Forever

Offline bhylton

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2017, 09:46:00 AM »
^ this. i like the layout of podcast addict better too

Offline Fattony77

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2017, 09:17:00 PM »
Thanks, guys! You convinced me. I'm going to look for an app right now!

Online McDave

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2017, 09:45:00 PM »
Thanks for posting this.  I sort through so much junk while driving trying to find something I want to listen to.  I could start an audio book, but I'm reluctant to do that while on a half hour to an hour drive somewhere.  Podcasts are just the right length for commuting around town.
TGMM Family of the Bow

Technology....the knack of arranging the world so that we don't have to experience it.

Offline swamper

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2017, 07:34:00 PM »
Thanks for the info.

Offline Keith Zimmerman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2017, 06:56:00 AM »
Thanks!

Offline ThePushArchery

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: April 09, 2017, 10:33:00 AM »

Offline Michael Arnette

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: April 09, 2017, 10:46:00 AM »
I may have just binge listened to every single podcast   :campfire:

Offline ThePushArchery

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: April 09, 2017, 10:52:00 AM »
Hahaha, Michael, got another long one for you launching this evening!

Stay tuned!

Offline CDK

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: April 15, 2017, 11:02:00 PM »
Thank Thee!
Giddy Up !

Offline ThePushArchery

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: May 17, 2017, 08:49:00 AM »
Bringing this back to the top! A lot of killer guests in the line up coming up, don't want any Tradgang brothers and sisters to miss out on these interviews with the legends of our sport!!

Offline Cyclic-Rivers

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: May 17, 2017, 10:10:00 AM »
Question, if I downloaded the app, will it use data when I listen or does it just play a previously recorded conversation?
Relax,

You'll live longer!

Charlie Janssen

PBS Associate Member
Wisconsin Traditional Archers

>~TGMM~> <~Family~Of~The~Bow~<

Offline ThePushArchery

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: May 17, 2017, 10:39:00 AM »
Cyclic,

when you download the app, whichever podcast app that is, you can go into the setting for that app and only download the episode when your phone is on wifi.

If you leave it wide open, it will download the episode as soon as it's available, regardless if you're using data or on wifi.

Or you can shut off automatic download all together. At that point, you'd simply have to go into our show page each week, download the episode manually, then you can listen. I prefer the auto-wifi download mode best. It stores it on your phone and will automatically delete it when the episode has played fully on your device. If you want to listen to it again, you simply go into our show page and download it again and repeat.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©