3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: 4 For 4  (Read 870 times)

Offline LBR

• Trad Bowhunter
4 For 4
« on: April 11, 2017, 12:27:00 AM »
Got to congratulate the NASP team I help coach.  We just got home from our State Championship a little while ago.  Took home our 4th win in as many years.  Great bunch of young men and women!

Offline Deno

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: 4 For 4
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2017, 12:59:00 AM »
Congrats are in order!!   :clapper:

Deno
United Bowhunters of New Jersey
Traditional Archers of New Jersey
Traditional Archery Society
Howard Hill Wesley Special 70#
Howard Hill Big 5  65#

Offline DesertDude

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2017, 01:52:00 AM »
Outstanding
DesertDude >>>----->

US Navy (Retired)
1978-1998

Online Jim Brennen

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2017, 05:15:00 AM »
Congrats Chad
62" toelke whip 55#@28" 56" thunderchild 49#@28 54" shrew classic hunter 50#@28

Offline robhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2017, 06:34:00 AM »
:clapper:    :clapper:

Offline crazynate

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2017, 07:01:00 AM »
Nice work congrats

Offline katman

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2017, 08:01:00 AM »
Cool, congrats to you and the team.
shoot straight shoot often

Offline rix2

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2017, 08:06:00 AM »
:clapper:    :clapper:    :clapper:

Offline reddogge

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2017, 08:16:00 AM »
Congratulations. Fine accomplishment.
Traditional Bowhunters of Maryland
Heart of Maryland Bowhunters
NRA
Mayberry Archers

Online rastaman

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2017, 09:16:00 AM »
Way to go Chad!   :thumbsup:    :thumbsup:
TGMM Family of the Bow

:archer:                                               

Randy Keene
"Life is precious and so are you."  Marley Keene

« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2017, 09:19:00 AM »
:clapper:     :clapper:    :clapper:    

Bisch

Offline South MS Bowhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2017, 09:22:00 AM »
:bigsmyl:
Everything I have and have become is due to the Lord and his great mercy.

Offline Bowwild

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2017, 09:29:00 AM »
Congratulations!  As of yesterday morning there were 15,600 students pre-registered for Nationals which will begin Louisville, May 11-13th.  This will beat our own world record (2016-12,897 students) by a lot! Almost 5,000 pre-registered for the NASP®/IBO 3D Challenge, will also be another world record for largest 3D tournament of any kind, in history.

Registration closes at week's end.

For those who don't know, while these kids don't shoot traditional bows, they do shoot without sights, stabilizers, release or other aids.  There will be kids in wheel chairs, blind, deaf, etc.  We expect them from 42 states.  We will award $159,000 in cash scholarships to the top 10 boys and girls and top 3 HS teams.

Hope to see you in Louisville.

Offline WildmanSC

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: April 11, 2017, 09:48:00 AM »
Originally posted by LBR:
Got to congratulate the NASP team I help coach.  We just got home from our State Championship a little while ago.  Took home our 4th win in as many years.  Great bunch of young men and women!
Chad,

Congratulations!  You've got a great STRING of wins going!    ;)    :biglaugh:

Bill
TGMM Family of the Bow

-----------------------------------
Groves Flame Recurve 62", 45#@28"

Praise the Lord Jesus Christ, He is Worthy

Online Tim Finley

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: April 11, 2017, 10:50:00 AM »
You might add that NASP is now bigger than little league baseball in the US, archery is getting big . When these kids get older maybe a bunch will go trad if we can keep impressing them .

Offline KyStickbow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: April 11, 2017, 11:50:00 AM »
Congrats!    :clapper:    :clapper:    :clapper:
Aim small...Miss small!!

Offline LBR

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: April 11, 2017, 12:57:00 PM »
Thanks all!  In spite of the way the bows look, they were designed to shoot like recurves.  No sights, no stabilizers, no release aids, no let-off.  They keep costs down and keep equipment on a level playing field vs. actually shooting recurves, but for all practical purposes they are shot like traditional bows.

As I understand it, the program was developed by KY Fish and Game to get more kids interested in hunting.  I know for a fact that just in our little school there's been a LOT of kids shooting who otherwise wouldn't have ever had any exposure to archery...it's even got some parents interested.  It gets some kids involved in a sport and on a team that otherwise wouldn't be able to due to physical limitations.

My wife and I got the program started in our county 6 years ago.  It was up-hill for a long time...from the beginning the county school superintendent was against it (afraid of injuries--the current super is all for the program), the administrator at the school I work with (at the time--he has since moved on) was against it (he had no interest in archery, was afraid it would be an expense), and there were no schools nearby that had the program.  With a lot of perseverance and a lot of help from our state coordinator (Waldo Cleland), we managed to get the program started in two local schools (the other school's administrator was all for it).

Now all five schools in our county have the program.  Between the five of us, we have 8 State Championships in 1A, 2A, and Middle School with the other four schools shooting today or tomorrow at State (so we could possibly get 3 more first place finishes).  Lots of schools in neighboring counties have also brought in the program...I'd like to think it is, at least in part, due to the example our schools have set with it.

It's an amazing program.  Words can't express how much good it does for the kids.  Pretty dang rewarding for a volunteer coach too!

Online 4dogs

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: April 11, 2017, 01:01:00 PM »
:thumbsup:    :clapper:    :clapper:
>>>---TGMM, Family of the Bow--->

Offline Bowwild

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: April 11, 2017, 01:05:00 PM »
Mississippi was state number 25 to enroll in NASP® back in May, 2005.  The first training, including of Waldo, was in a state park not far from Jackson, Mississippi.  There are no 47 states and 11 countries in the program. (Missing DE, RI, and VT).

The original NASP® Mission, and still so after 16 years is to use archery to promote improvement among students in grades 4-12 and increase participation in the shooting sports.  Before NASP® started in 2001 there were 7 million archers in the US.  Today, there are more than 23.6 million.  More than 18 million have gone through NASP®.

Only kids who attend a NASP® school may participate in NASP® events.  Just hired two of our graduates, who are in college, as summer interns today.

I know several who shoot recurves and other bows.  The only representative on the US Women's Olympic team in Rio is a TX NASP® graduate.

We'll have about 150 adult volunteers serving as lane officials at Nationals.  Many are teachers and parents but also adult archery club members.

NASP® is a non-profit 501 c  3.

Offline Hopewell Tom

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: April 11, 2017, 05:35:00 PM »
Incredible sounding program! I wish we had something like that when I was a kid.

Way to go to you, the team and others, Chad.
There's nothing easy about volunteering, but the rewards can be very satisfying.
TOM

WHAT EACH OF US DOES IS OF ULTIMATE IMPORTANCE.
Wendell Berry

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©