3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: shrew bows  (Read 1006 times)

Offline nhbuck1

• Trad Bowhunter
shrew bows
« on: April 22, 2017, 04:28:00 PM »
Does anyone have any experience with these? how long is the wait time i cant find rons email. thanks alot
kyle
aim small miss small

Offline GRAYBEARD

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: shrew bows
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2017, 04:53:00 PM »
I waited about 17 mos. for my last shrew, that was when Java Man was building for Ron.
TGMM Family of the Bow; Make every heartbeat a party, the next one is not guaranteed!

Offline GRAYBEARD

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2017, 04:53:00 PM »
He is listed in the sponsors here.
TGMM Family of the Bow; Make every heartbeat a party, the next one is not guaranteed!

Offline nhbuck1

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2017, 05:03:00 PM »
17 months id go insanen my thunder child is being built very soon
aim small miss small

Offline slowbowjoe

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2017, 05:51:00 PM »
Pretty sure there's a Shrew or two in the classifieds right now. If they're not what you want, I bet you'd get some offers if you place a "want to buy" post. There are quite a few out there. No wait. Good for resale if you choose.

Offline BRITTMAN

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2017, 08:16:00 PM »
They are Awesome bows and I hope to have another soon . Last time I talked with Ron the wait time was like 3 months .
" Live long and prosper "

Offline nineworlds9

• Trad Bowhunter
  • Northman
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2017, 11:33:00 AM »
Jim Belcher is building the bows now and the fit and finish is excellent.  Wait is around 3 months or so.
52" Texas Recurve
58" Two Tracks Ogemaw
60" Toelke Chinook
62" Tall Tines Stickflinger
64" Big Jim Mountain Monarch
64" Poison Dart LB
66" Wes Wallace Royal

Horse Creek TAC, GA
TBOF

Offline Ron LaClair

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2017, 01:43:00 PM »
 Jim Belcher is building the bows now and the fit and finish is excellent. Wait is around 3 months or so.  
I'm headed down to Jims tomorrow, we'll be working on some bows on order.

We live in the present, we dream of the future, but we learn eternal truths from the past
When you were born, you cried and the world rejoiced. Live your life so that when you die, the world cries and you rejoice.
Life is like a wet sponge, you gotta squeeze it until you get every drop it has to offer

Offline Fisher Cat

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2017, 02:44:00 PM »
I've had an older Super Shrew for a while now.  Its a "keeper" I can always count on.  It is pretty fast, very accurate and very quiet.  I have no reason to think things have changed since mine was made. - John

Offline Ron LaClair

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2017, 04:51:00 PM »
I remember you John because you have a famous name, (John Alden) after the John Alden that came over on the Mayflower in the 1600's.Now if your wife's name is Priscilla that would be mind blowing.    :scared:      :eek:    :eek:
We live in the present, we dream of the future, but we learn eternal truths from the past
When you were born, you cried and the world rejoiced. Live your life so that when you die, the world cries and you rejoice.
Life is like a wet sponge, you gotta squeeze it until you get every drop it has to offer

Offline Fisher Cat

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2017, 05:39:00 PM »
Hi Ron,

Most people aren't aware of that bit of history anymore.  I am actually a direct descendant of the famous pilgrim, but my wife's name is Rhonda (not very puritanical). Of course, that could change if I keep buying bows... Take care - John

Offline Kingstaken

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2017, 08:44:00 PM »
I had my Super Shrew Samurai within a few months. Man is this bow smoking.. The Kingswood lQQks beautiful.
"JUST NOCK, DRAW AND BE RELEASED"

Offline Kingstaken

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2017, 08:47:00 PM »
Originally posted by slowbowjoe:
Pretty sure there's a Shrew or two in the classifieds right now. If they're not what you want, I bet you'd get some offers if you place a "want to buy" post. There are quite a few out there. No wait. Good for resale if you choose.
Why would anyone sell their shrew??    :knothead:
"JUST NOCK, DRAW AND BE RELEASED"

Offline Benny Nganabbarru

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: June 02, 2017, 06:49:00 PM »
Anybody heard from Ron lately? Still the same email address as on his website?

Got some dollars I'm hoping to send your way, Ron!
TGMM - Family of the Bow

Offline Ron LaClair

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: June 03, 2017, 01:39:00 PM »
I'm still here

[email protected]

Offline nek4me

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: June 03, 2017, 02:45:00 PM »
Didn't catch the historical exchange between Ron and John (Fisher Cat) when it happened. I have lived in MA all of my 62yrs but had never been to the Pilgrim Museum in Plymouth until a few months ago. Thought I knew their story but the details were fascinating. I was particularly drawn to the chart depicting the silhouettes with names and ages of all 100 on the Mayflower and below it the same chart with those that didn't survive that first year ghostly blanked out. Only 50 survived so John I guess you had a 50/50 chance of being here today.

Oh, and to make this post trad bowhunting related -the Indians supplied five deer that first Thanksgiving - didn't say if they used Shrews or not!

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: June 03, 2017, 05:36:00 PM »
Good! That's the address I have. I sent an email. Cheers, Ben
TGMM - Family of the Bow

Offline Ron LaClair

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: June 03, 2017, 06:52:00 PM »
I got your email Ben and answered it yesterday. Must take emails a while to get to Australia    :dunno:      :D

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: June 04, 2017, 05:06:00 AM »
Yep! I think a crow is meant to collect the email when it lands in Darwin, then wing it out here into the bush. Maybe the crow saw a dead buffalo and got distracted!

Sorry, Ron. No sign of the email yet. Maybe something is wrong with my email at present. I'll send you a PM with those questions.

Thank you,

Ben
TGMM - Family of the Bow

Offline Keith Westbrook

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: June 04, 2017, 10:25:00 AM »
Fantastic bows!!!

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©