3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: I got to shoot with Scott Antczak this weekend. What a great guy!  (Read 204 times)

Offline longbow fanatic 1

• Trad Bowhunter
While at the Ojibwa Bowhunters 3-D shoot this weekend, I noticed a gentleman getting his gear together at his vehicle. Although I had never met him before, I thought it may be Scott Antczak. I walked up and asked if that was his name? He said, yes. I introduced myself and we spoke for several minutes as I explained that I had really enjoyed his Youtube videos. Mr. Antczak asked if he could shoot with me and my buddy, J.Holden. Of course we said yes. As far as I was concerned, it was an honor to shoot with him. As we shot through the course, Scott took time to give helpful shooting advice and offered constructive feedback on our form. After finishing the shoot and eating lunch, Scott offered to take more time out of his day to help me with additional shooting tips and advice at the practice bunks. I was amazed that someone of Scott's caliber would be so generous with his time. Free coaching from a world class archer? Are you kidding me? Wow! Scott is a genuinely great guy and incredibly humble! I cannot express what an awesome ambassador Scott is to our sport! Thanks again for all your help, Mr. Antczak!

Online Pine

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: I got to shoot with Scott Antczak this weekend. What a great guy!
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2017, 12:28:00 PM »
Awesome , it don't get any better than that .
It's easier to fool someone than to convince them they have been fooled. Mark Twain

If you're afraid to offend, you can't be honest.

TGMM Family of the Bow

Online M60gunner

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2017, 02:32:00 PM »
Thank you for sharing your day with us. It is refreshing indeed to hear how Scott shared his knowledge with you on such a personal basis. A true ambassador to archery.

Offline Warden609

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2017, 05:41:00 PM »
Great story.  Thanks for sharing.

Offline knobby

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2017, 06:10:00 PM »
Dennis, you hit the nail on the head. Scott is a class act. I've known him for many years through 3D shoots, and I've never heard a negative word out of his mouth. Always humble and encouraging to others, you'd never know the guy is the accomplished archer that he is. I didn't get there until Sunday, so unfortunately I missed all of you, but it sounds to me like you had a quality day. And knowing Scott, you now have a friend for life.

Offline longbow fanatic 1

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2017, 06:20:00 PM »
Originally posted by knobby:
Dennis, you hit the nail on the head. Scott is a class act. I've known him for many years through 3D shoots, and I've never heard a negative word out of his mouth. Always humble and encouraging to others, you'd never know the guy is the accomplished archer that he is. I didn't get there until Sunday, so unfortunately I missed all of you, but it sounds to me like you had a quality day. And knowing Scott, you now have a friend for life.
You couldn't be more right. He exchanged contact information with me and wants to get together to shoot again. I was very impressed with Scott!

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©