3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Missouri bound- close enough to smell it....  (Read 274 times)

Offline DRR324

• Trad Bowhunter
Missouri bound- close enough to smell it....
« on: November 01, 2007, 04:24:00 PM »
Gear is almost packed, clothes are washed and bagged, my tote is nearing capacity...
pulling out Saturday morning- planning on driving 8-10 hours, getting a hotel room and completing the other few hours Sunday morning.  Headed to Grant City to hunt with bucksandbeards.net.  My stepbrother is a guide, and spoke to him this morning.  The weather has been ok- but the first does were sighted getting chased this morning.  Last year was a great time-no shots for me, had a real good one close, but behind a bush and left the same way he came in.  The weather looks chilly, and the moon is hiding a bit more, I think our timing will be good.  Hope to check in- if I can get the laptop/aircard combo working.  Send the mojo my way- I am hunting with 3 wheel guys and would like nothing more than to show them how a REAL hunter gets it done!!!!   :thumbsup:
Pittsley Predator Classic
53# @ 28"
Easton Axis FMJ Camo-400's w/150g RazorCaps

"Dad, know what I like most about deer hunting?  The adrenaline rush you get when you know your going to get a shot at one"- my son Tyler after his first miss..

Offline whitebuffalo

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Missouri bound- close enough to smell it....
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2007, 06:42:00 PM »
Go get'em bro,,J  :thumbsup:
TGMM

Offline jbb

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2007, 08:25:00 PM »
Hope you have a successful hunt!

Offline kctreeman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2007, 10:55:00 PM »
That is a very good area.  I've done quite a bit of hunting on both side of the state line there.  The weather should be great.  I had an 8 pt walk across the yard tonight about 50 yards from my driveway.  I think that they are starting to move a little.  Spent the last week chasing deer on a managed hunt here in Lone Jack.  Wasn't a lot of activity but did manage to get my doe tagged.  Good Luck and shoot straight.

Offline K.S.TRAPPER

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2007, 07:14:00 AM »
The deer are starting to move real good, I got a doe on the way in to work yesterday with my truck  :eek:  And my wife almost got a big eight point last night coming home from town.I went that way after work a couple of hours later and the buck was still close to same spot and had a doe with him.They were laying down right by the road, He is a dandy.

Good luck, Take lots of pictures  :D  

Congrats on the doe John   :thumbsup:  

Tracy
You really haven't hunted the old fashion way until you've done it from one of these Indian houses.(The Tipi) "Glenn ST. Charles"

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©