3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Habu slowing down?  (Read 543 times)

Offline Brock

• Trad Bowhunter
Habu slowing down?
« on: May 02, 2017, 04:09:00 PM »
Contacted Chris and he is not supporting his past models any longer with limbs, weight reduction or spraying...but said he was doing new bows TO ORDER...but has not updated website or anything as he never keeps any bows long enough to put them for sale.....I should have bought those limbs a few years ago when I talked about it the first time with him, damnit. LOL  

Anyhow....I need some lighter limbs in the 45-52# range somewhere.  Mine now are 60#29...and after a few shoulder separations from football and martial arts and now getting old....cant shoot as much with that weight as before.

If anyone knows where a set of brown Habu Bushmaster limbs might be...let me know.   Otherwise might sell the bow to get something else in a lower weight....      :(           :(    

Hopefully I can find some limbs someone has laying around collecting dust...hahahaha   Here is picture of the bow, one of his early Bushmasters...so you will know exactly the limbs I need and the color.    :)  

Keep em sharp,

Ron Herman
Compton's Traditional Bowhunters
Backcountry Hunters & Anglers
PBS Assoc since 1988
NRA Life
USAF Retired (1984-2004)

Offline crazynate

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Habu slowing down?
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2017, 05:40:00 PM »
Wow that is one sexy looking bow right there.

Offline Brock

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2017, 09:27:00 PM »
Originally posted by crazynate:
Wow that is one sexy looking bow right there.
Thanks...she is a shooter and smooth as hell.  I never cared for his new limb and bow designs...this model I think was about perfect other than how heavy the overall bow was in hand.
Like the Black Widow MA II and MA III...the old Robertson Montana Falcons and Vision Falcons....Schafers...Bruins....I prefer the older models most of the time.   Maybe it is because that is when I was coming of age and really getting into traditional archery in early 90s.

I would read through Dan Bertalan's book over and over....issues of PBS Magazine....and just stare at the glossy ads in it or ask for catalogs from the bowyers and then lust for weeks or months over their contents.

I am going to try and bribe Chris into a set of limbs...haha...unless HabuJohn alerts him to my plan. LOL  IF not then will have to work back up to those limbs...haha
Keep em sharp,

Ron Herman
PBS Assoc since 1988
NRA Life
USAF Retired (1984-2004)

Offline nineworlds9

• Trad Bowhunter
  • Northman
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2017, 11:50:00 PM »
Shame to hear it if it's true.  He should train/pass on the legacy if he can, they are among the best built and finest shooting bows out there.  Still the most consistent bow for windage I've ever shot.
52" Texas Recurve
58" Two Tracks Ogemaw
60" Toelke Chinook
62" Tall Tines Stickflinger
64" Big Jim Mountain Monarch
64" Poison Dart LB
66" Wes Wallace Royal

Horse Creek TAC, GA
TBOF

Offline TexasKing

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2017, 10:29:00 AM »
Brock, if you do decide to sell it....I call dibs!

Offline Brock

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2017, 10:52:00 AM »
Originally posted by TexasKing:
Brock, if you do decide to sell it....I call dibs!
hahaha...I hope that does not occur but will keep you on my mind if it goes that way.
Keep em sharp,

Ron Herman
PBS Assoc since 1988
NRA Life
USAF Retired (1984-2004)

Offline Brock

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2017, 04:41:00 PM »
Well decided to list it for sale...it is in classifieds.  If it sells...fine...if not then not meant to be.  I am sure I am going to regret it if it sells....but not getting shot hanging on rack.

Thanks...
Keep em sharp,

Ron Herman
PBS Assoc since 1988
NRA Life
USAF Retired (1984-2004)

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©