3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: My Buddy FOUND a Bow  (Read 333 times)

Offline bmfer

• Trad Bowhunter
My Buddy FOUND a Bow
« on: November 01, 2007, 07:27:00 PM »
That's right, he found a bow in the attic of his old house, and after watching me carry my longbow up through his backyard and into his woods all year, he showed it to me and asked me how old I thought it was. I said, "Hell' I don't know, but I may know of somebody who does!"  What do you guys think?

Bret M. FullER

Offline STRAYARROW

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: My Buddy FOUND a Bow
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2007, 07:33:00 PM »
I dont know how old it is but earlier this evening there was another thread about Indian Archery,you should  check it out.

Offline bmfer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2007, 07:35:00 PM »
Thanks man, hunting it down............
Bret M. FullER

Offline vermonster13

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2007, 08:29:00 PM »
Late 50s. Have any pics of the decal from the front of the riser?
TGMM Family of the Bow
For hunting to have a future, we must invest ourselves in future hunters.

Offline bmfer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2007, 10:31:00 AM »
Vermonster- there is no decal, only the one shown in the first picture. There is no other writing on it other than the catalog number and 35#.
Bret M. FullER

Offline Brian Krebs

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2007, 04:18:00 PM »
you know; I don't think we give enough credit to the Indian Archery company- for its contribution to archery. My father in military school in the 1930's got a longbow: that I hunted with 30 years ago. They supplied bows for the market that were used by schools for archery programs- and many people fell in love with the flight of the arrow from one of these bows tossing out an arrow.
  The bow above has a shelf on both sides of the bow; so its either a demonstrator model ( for stores) or it was made for schools - so either a left or right handed person could shoot it.
 I would bet just by virtue of the fact its a recurve; that it dates in the 50's.
 My dads bow came in a birch box; which I still have; as well the bow.
 The information sheet on how to string a recurve hass value too.
THE VOICES HAVEN'T BOTHERED ME SINCE I STARTED POKING THEM WITH A Q-TIP.

Offline Grant Young

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2007, 05:40:00 PM »
Around '63 or '64 several of us male baby boomers in the neighborhood got archery equipment for Christmas. There was a wide variety of brands and quality but I still remember that the smoothest shooting and one of the best looking offerings was an Indian similar to the one you picture, at least in glass color and shelf design. When my sons came along in the '80s I thought of that bow several times and wished I could find one like it. I agree with Brian-I think Indians were far better bows than was usually acknowledged. My 2cents.  Grant

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©