3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: TimberGhost G3 Super Static Limb Review  (Read 2848 times)

Offline Friend

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
TimberGhost G3 Super Static Limb Review
« on: May 03, 2017, 05:48:00 PM »
TimberGhost G3 Super Static Limb Review

For Pics: See Thread titled ‘TimberGhost Bows’ and/or the new TimberGhost website

Kent Roberts of TimberGhost Traditional Archery has recently released his significantly redesigned static tip limb. Considerable contemplation, research, several advanced layouts and prototypes were required to satisfy his elevated expectations.

My own previous experience with the previous static tip TimberGhost has been quite grand and has served me exceedingly well in the field. I was completely satisfied and not entertaining the possibility of an improved overall performer. The possibility of noticeably enhancing the current TimberGhost’s performance and stability, as proposed by Kent, did in fact peak my subliminal interest.  Kent sent me his approved G3SS limb design and I have had a couple of months of ample opportunity to run a couple of thousand arrows thru the TimberGhost with G3 Super Static limbs.

Hopefully, the review will be a compendium of the whole experience.

The subject bow is a 13” phenolic riser with G3SS long limbs. Bow has a 60” AMO…50@28…Personal draw..28”s.,,,BH…7 1/8…Note: Due to the aggressive static tips, this bow strings to the length of a standard 56” AMO recurve.

Arrow utilized: Victory HV350…29 ¼”…100 gn isert…200 gn tip…563 gn total

>Aesthetically: Both attractive and unique; The limb configuration has turned many heads and attracted numerous inquiries at the most recently attended events.

>Draw Cycle: The draw-cycle has been designed to place the smoothest section farther out the draw length where it has greater effect on the ergonomic movement of the archer. The initial preload was merely noticeable during the first three sessions with the bow. The draw weight increases only 1.5#’s/inch during the last three inches to 28’s.  Overall, after acclimation, the draw cycle currently perceived is smooth yet, the lightened draw wt increase nearing full draw remains most appreciated. Note: The decreased string angle, due to the super static tips, provided much comfort and absolutely no finger pinch.

>Torsional Stability: Advanced carbon layup construction provides exceptional rock solid torsional stiffness and significantly improved levels of stored energy

>Velocity: Quite visibly faster than the original TG Static Tip, which was a respectable shooter its own right. Bow shoots quite hard and the extreme hi-end chroni results may be provided by bowyer Kent Roberts.

>Accuracy: Forgiving and it is quite nice for me to be able to group well at 40 yards with a shorter bow. My perception was that this advanced shortened strung bow shot with the accuracy of a quality strung 60” standard recurve.

>Volume/Hand Shock/Vibration: Other super statics that I have experienced required much taming to meet personal hunting requirements. Often had to utilize both limbsavers and string slap absorbers just below the string grooves. The TG with G3SS limbs exhibits no perceived hand shock and required no hint of the desire to install limbsavers nor string slap absorbers. This setup is the quietest recurve setup that I have run.

The TimberGhost with new G3 Super Static Limbs has awakened me, that by the acquisition of the G3SS limbs, my confidence level in the field has been elevated. Perhaps this fall will be the year that the long awaited coveted opportunity presents itself to test that confidence. It is invaluable to easily experience the enhancements versus reading about them on paper.

Note: A BOTH OUTSTANDING AND APLLICABLE NEW OFFERING
>>----> Friend <----<<

My Lands… Are Where My Dead Lie Buried.......Crazy Horse

Offline katman

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: TimberGhost G3 Super Static Limb Review
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2017, 07:23:00 PM »
Very nice review Friend, thank you. Obviously you and the bow get along well    :thumbsup:   enjoy.
shoot straight shoot often

Offline katman

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2017, 07:24:00 PM »
Forgot to ask, could you comment on the grip.

Offline AR RidgeRunner

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2017, 03:29:00 PM »
Thanks for the great review Scott. Glad you're liking the new limbs.

Offline Friend

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2017, 09:01:00 PM »
katman...

Grip: The grip commands my primary attention in determining personal bow compatibility. The TimberGhost’s most accommodating standard grip provided an excellent, comfortable repeatable personal best fit. She seats on the mark every time and is extremely stable at anchor thru shot conclusion. This particular grip design inherently provides superior bone on bone alignment per my personal body structure… Appealing and quite effective stippling….experienced no grip and/or hand slippage.
>>----> Friend <----<<

Offline Friend

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2017, 09:17:00 PM »
Kent…You are most welcome.

My primary intent is to be as open and honest as possible. I am no salesman and would falter in attempting to promote something for which I do not have faith in. Picking my reviews is paramount in staying the course in backing something I believe in. Note:: There have been many bows that have come thru my hands that would not personally warrant a favorable review and thus no review was ever submitted. Also, note that the personal detractions may not have been a significant issue for another individual.
>>----> Friend <----<<

Offline AR RidgeRunner

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2017, 09:44:00 PM »
Yes sir, honest reviews are all I'm looking for and I appreciate the detail you put into yours.

Offline AR RidgeRunner

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2017, 09:50:00 PM »
Katman,
Should have a demo bow I could send to you to try out within the next few weeks if you're interested. Have a few new orders in the pipeline now and my bows tend to sell themselves after they get some exposure.
Let me know.
Thanks
Kent

Offline DanielB89

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2017, 12:28:00 AM »
Originally posted by AR RidgeRunner:
Katman,
Should have a demo bow I could send to you to try out within the next few weeks if you're interested. Have a few new orders in the pipeline now and my bows tend to sell themselves after they get some exposure.
Let me know.
Thanks
Kent
Is this an open offer to try out your bows, Kent?  I have wanted to try one out for a while now.   :)
"Blessed is the man who trusts in the LORD And whose trust is the LORD. Jeremiah 17:7

"There is a way which seems right to a man,
But its end is the way of death."  Proverbs 14:12

Offline katman

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2017, 07:47:00 AM »
PM sent Kent.

Thanks Friend.

Offline J. Holden

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2017, 12:06:00 PM »
I couldn't seem to find a price for his takedown recurve.  Did I miss it?

-Jeremy
Pslam 46:10

"A real man rejects passivity and takes responsibility to lead, provide, protect, and teach expecting to receive the greater reward." Dr. Robert Lewis

Offline AR RidgeRunner

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2017, 04:25:00 PM »
There's a price list page , the takedown G3SS starts at 975. And runs up to 1200 for the Black Pearl with a solid G10 riser. I'm trying to do things a little different and have four different  standard models, each has a different riser wood. Three standard models for the Apparition , each offers a different riser wood with either veneers under clear glass or double carbon limbs, actionboo or foam cores. I still have more pics to add for the different models.
Also as a reminder you access all the pages of the website by clicking on the 3 horizontal lines in the upper RH corner of the home page.

Offline J. Holden

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2017, 06:43:00 PM »
I must have missed it.  I was looking through half open eyes last night.  Sorry about that and thank you for taking the time to educate me.

-Jeremy   :coffee:
Pslam 46:10

"A real man rejects passivity and takes responsibility to lead, provide, protect, and teach expecting to receive the greater reward." Dr. Robert Lewis

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©