3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Changes coming for Tradgang.....  (Read 2798 times)

Offline RJonesRCRV

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Changes coming for Tradgang.....
« Reply #40 on: May 11, 2017, 11:05:00 PM »
If no one mentioned it yet...

Direct picture posting.

And some sort of trad event tracker/calender so dates can be submitted and we can just look on the calender and see whats coming up.
Kimsha Mattawoman II 51#
Dale Phillips Nodebow 58#
Kimsha 'Boo Bow 56#
USMC 2005-2010

Offline RJonesRCRV

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #41 on: May 11, 2017, 11:08:00 PM »
And perhaps let a non tech savvy tradganger test the user interface of the new platform for usability.  Obviously changes take some getting used to, but some changes are easier than others.
Kimsha Mattawoman II 51#
Dale Phillips Nodebow 58#
Kimsha 'Boo Bow 56#
USMC 2005-2010

Offline Ky longbow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #42 on: May 12, 2017, 12:06:00 AM »
Coming from a Millennial's point of view, I love for the most part on how the site is designed compared to other Social websites. That said i would reiterate the previous comments on direct picture posting. Other than that I believe the site is spot on!

Offline Msturm

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #43 on: May 12, 2017, 01:12:00 AM »
check out the updated format of bladeforums. I really like the update. everything carried over well and its clean and well organized.

Msturm
Stalker Coyote FXT Long bow 49#

Aloha!

Offline ozy clint

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #44 on: May 12, 2017, 03:05:00 AM »
Originally posted by KSshrewman:
This format may have age to it....but it sure is the easiest to use that am aware of. Well done obviously.   Personally I like the current site.  upgrades are nice....but hope we don't lose the ciurrent flavor.  Either way...I trust it will be great.
x2. Perhaps a few modern features but I like tradgang just the way it is.
Thick fog slowly lifts
Jagged peaks and hairy beast
Food for soul and body.

Border black douglas recurve 70# and 58# HEX6 BB2 limbs

Offline Terry Lightle

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #45 on: May 12, 2017, 06:44:00 AM »
You do a tremendous job taking care of this forum.Do what you think is best,you have done really well all these years.
Terry
Compton Traditional Bowhunters Life Member

Online smokin joe

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #46 on: May 12, 2017, 08:22:00 AM »
Terry and Rob:
I think the website is very user friendly. Perhaps just focusing on some of the recurring problems that some members run into -- trouble posting pictures is an example -- would be the best course of action. One thing is for sure, this is a special place and keeping it special is a priority.
My two cents worth...
Joe
TGMM
Compton
PBS
Trad Gang Hall of Fame

Offline Terry Green

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #47 on: May 12, 2017, 09:04:00 AM »
Thanks guys keeping it all coming. We are working again on a new platform as we have put enough Band-Aids on this one over the years and we won't be able to patch it up any further.

Yeah I like this format too but we can't continue on we have to spread our wings and make way for a new venture it will take a little getting used to but it will be easier to navigate once you learn as it will be user-friendly and much more personal and again it has nothing to do with Facebook Twitter Myspace Flickr flattered flu blue whatever so please don't post any more about Facebook this is not about Facebook..... please get that out of your head.

I'm sure Rob will be along shortly to post his comments I have no idea what Tapatalk is but I'm going to find out
Tradbowhunting Video Store - https://digitalstore.tradgang.com/

Tradgang Bowhunting Merchandise - https://tradgang.creator-spring.com/?

Tradgang DVD - https://www.tradgang.com/tgstore/index.html

"It's important,  when going after a goal, to never lose sight of the integrity of the journey" - Andy Garcia

'An anchor point is not a destination, its  an evolution to conclusion'

Offline DanielB89

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #48 on: May 12, 2017, 09:14:00 AM »
Taptalk is just a an app on your phone that lets you subscribe to several different forums all in the same place.  You'll have to search for the forum you're looking for and then add it to your "library".  It's very useful!  

Either way, I think it will be interesting!  Though I am very pleased with this format, I know what is coming will be better.  

Terry,
do you have a planned release date?  

Side note:  I would have to be the one that has to transfer all this data over.  Sorry, Rob..
"Blessed is the man who trusts in the LORD And whose trust is the LORD. Jeremiah 17:7

"There is a way which seems right to a man,
But its end is the way of death."  Proverbs 14:12

Offline Rob DiStefano

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
  • Contributing Member
    • Cavalier Pickups
« Reply #49 on: May 12, 2017, 09:47:00 AM »
if trad gang is to survive, flourish, grow, and entice folks over to at least trying the tools we prefer for bowhunting, we need to move to a new home that will not only be "more current" in terms of functionality, but a forum software platform that will allow updating its functionality as technology advances.

this house, our current forum software, has served us well for over 14 years, but it is "grandfathered" software that can't be updated for functionality.

we've been testing/using new software for several other "traditional sports" forums, and it's been working quite well, if not superbly.  you can get a feel for it over at our sister site  www.BlackPowderGang.com

daily user access, navigation, and posting in the new forum software is pretty much the same as it is right here with our old forum software.  

the new forum software allows ...
  • automatic attachments of images and other files
  • immediate embedding of video "TV" screens in posts
  • a far superior PM system
  • member photo gallery that allows attachment images
  • a MUCH improved forum search engine
  • a MUCH better method for automatic registrations
  • MUCH easier re-access for forgotten passwords and logins
  • many levels of security to keep out the bad guys (yeah, they're still lurking around)
  • a vastly superior method of handling trad gang contributing members
  • much improved sponsor handling, banners and ads
  • advanced member profile fields
  • a better moderation system that includes a warning system
  • better seamless integration with taptalk and mobile devices
  • and much much more ....

trad gang will have a presence in at least 6 of the most popular social media outlets.  these will be portals to direct interested folks over to here, the real trad gang.

we don't want to create a "new and improved trad gang".  we don't want to change the focus and goals and camaraderie that has always been what trad gang is all about.  we just wanna trade in that ol' forum software for a new home that's more user friendly, feature rich, comfy, and still allows for the free flow sharing of all things traditional bowhunting.
IAM ~ The only government I trust is my .45-70 ... and my 1911.

Offline irishhacker

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #50 on: May 12, 2017, 10:15:00 AM »
Completely agree Rob..

I just want to express my major wish..
Tapatalk compatability..
60x Custom Strings Staff Shooter  http://www.60xcustomstrings.com/

Offline macbow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #51 on: May 12, 2017, 10:17:00 AM »
Wow, sounds Great.
United Bowhunters of Mo
Comptons
PBS
NRA
VET
"A man shares his Buffalo". Ed Pitchkites

Offline Danny Rowan

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #52 on: May 12, 2017, 10:43:00 AM »
So will we have to re-register on the new site? Or will everything be moved automatically?
"When shooting instinctivly,it matters not which eye is dominant"

Jay Kidwell and Glenn St. Charles

TGMM Family Of The Bow
NRA Life/Patron member
NAHC life member
Retired CPO US Navy 1972-1993
Retired USCBP Supervisory Officer 1999-2017

Online M60gunner

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #53 on: May 12, 2017, 11:05:00 AM »
Just took a peak at Black powder gang sit. Pretty much same layout, looks easy to use. I like it. If photos can be loaded from phone and IPad like said above go for it.

Offline gregg dudley

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #54 on: May 12, 2017, 11:08:00 AM »
Did anybody think of suggesting direct picture posting capability?     :D  

Tradgang competes with all other websites and social media for user/subscriber time.  It  is a wise move to try to update the forum to make it more user friendly in an age where so many choices are available.

One thing that I have noticed is a trend for ever shorter attention/responses to a given thread.  There are very few topics that generate any type of sustainable conversation.  I think that it is due to overall patterns of social media behavior. A common theme on other mediums is the ability to "like" or otherwise affirm someone's post without completing a full reply.  Call it instant affirmation or instant gratification.  I think the addition of some type of similar feature on tradgang would be a positive concept.
MOLON LABE

Traditional Bowhunters Of Florida
Come shoot with us!

Offline Mike Falkner

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #55 on: May 12, 2017, 01:49:00 PM »
Thanks, Terry and Rob, for tackling the task of updating rather than let this resource/community fade away like a number of other outdoor forums have.
Mike

Psalms 44:6

Offline Zradix

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #56 on: May 12, 2017, 02:30:00 PM »
Originally posted by Rob DiStefano:
if trad gang is to survive, flourish, grow, and entice folks over to at least trying the tools we prefer for bowhunting, we need to move to a new home that will not only be "more current" in terms of functionality, but a forum software platform that will allow updating its functionality as technology advances.

this house, our current forum software, has served us well for over 14 years, but it is "grandfathered" software that can't be updated for functionality.

we've been testing/using new software for several other "traditional sports" forums, and it's been working quite well, if not superbly.  you can get a feel for it over at our sister site  www.BlackPowderGang.com

daily user access, navigation, and posting in the new forum software is pretty much the same as it is right here with our old forum software.  

the new forum software allows ...
  • automatic attachments of images and other files
  • immediate embedding of video "TV" screens in posts
  • a far superior PM system
  • member photo gallery that allows attachment images
  • a MUCH improved forum search engine
  • a MUCH better method for automatic registrations
  • MUCH easier re-access for forgotten passwords and logins
  • many levels of security to keep out the bad guys (yeah, they're still lurking around)
  • a vastly superior method of handling trad gang contributing members
  • much improved sponsor handling, banners and ads
  • advanced member profile fields
  • a better moderation system that includes a warning system
  • better seamless integration with taptalk and mobile devices
  • and much much more ....

trad gang will have a presence in at least 6 of the most popular social media outlets.  these will be portals to direct interested folks over to here, the real trad gang.

we don't want to create a "new and improved trad gang".  we don't want to change the focus and goals and camaraderie that has always been what trad gang is all about.  we just wanna trade in that ol' forum software for a new home that's more user friendly, feature rich, comfy, and still allows for the free flow sharing of all things traditional bowhunting. [/b]
Everything I was thinking of as an improvement was touched on here.

Black powder gang has what I feel is an easy enough to learn/ intuitive format.

I wish those involved very good luck and tons of patience during the migration.

Thank you for this site and all the work required to keep it what it is.   :notworthy:  

John
If some animals are good at hunting and others are suitable for hunting, then the Gods must clearly smile on hunting.~Aristotle

..there's more fun in hunting with the handicap of the bow than there is in hunting with the sureness of the gun.~ F.Bear

Offline hnt2mch

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #57 on: May 12, 2017, 05:17:00 PM »
anything ya'll do is just fine with me!!ya'll do a mighty fine job so I am greatful for this place and many thanks for all ya'll do to make it what it is.   :notworthy:
don't look at the horns,don't look at the horns,don't look at the horns....

Online Ken Taylor

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #58 on: May 12, 2017, 09:38:00 PM »
Wow... that's more than I would have thought... and I can actually understand most of what he wrote, LOL!
May your next adventure lighten your heart, test your spirit, and nourish your soul.

Online fisherick

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #59 on: May 13, 2017, 08:30:00 AM »
Be sure to keep the search functions, a lot of great info here. Hopefully easier picture posting from phone or computer, this is the only forum I can't post pictures to.
Thank you for many years of entertainment.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©