3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Nock question...  (Read 388 times)

Offline Lonehowl

• Trad Bowhunter
Nock question...
« on: May 14, 2017, 04:14:00 PM »
Is there such a thing as a Mercury style push in nock for carbons? Or something close?
If the answer is no...why not?
Thanks.
Mark

Offline JRY309

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Nock question...
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2017, 04:34:00 PM »
I find that the Easton 3D Super nock(different then regular Easton Super nocks) has the largest,deepest and smoothest throat of your S-type nocks.Fits your standard size carbons with a .246 ID.The Easton 3D Super nock has a .098 size throat and a smooth throat to give you a light snap with the proper size serving diameter.When I make my strings I like to end up with about .108 to .110 finished serving diameter to give me a light snap.My string of choice for my longbows and recurves is a 18 strand padded loop BCY-X served with .021 Halo.

Offline crazynate

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2017, 05:54:00 PM »
I use Easton uni nocks on all my carbons. They fit on my string better.on my gold tips I use a glue in bushing on an Easton g nock. All other arrows I use the uni nock.

Offline JRY309

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2017, 07:49:00 PM »
If you are set on the old Mercury nocks you could also get the swaged end adapters the allow the use of glue-on nocks on carbons.

Online M60gunner

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2017, 09:49:00 PM »
I have started to use the nock inserts on my 500 spine GT Trads. I get them from Big Jim. They do not fit the 600 or 15/35. Have not tried them on 400 spine.

One reason I use them is to help keep the rear of shaft splitting if I find a hard object like a rock. I epoxy them in. I have repaired split 600 spine shafts with the insert and epoxy.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©