3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Hunting Gloves  (Read 446 times)

Offline Michael Peschek

• Trad Bowhunter
Hunting Gloves
« on: November 02, 2007, 12:45:00 AM »
I was out shooting tonight and noticed my hands getting cold pretty quick. What would you guys recommend for a pair of gloves to use? I was thinking of something like this

http://www.rei.com/product/305045?vcat=REI_SSHP_MENS_CLOTHING_TOC  

or

http://www.rei.com/product/696509?vcat=REI_SSHP_MENS_CLOTHING_TOC

I use a glove and figured I could cut the 3 fingers at half finger on the second pair.

Offline charlie brown

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Hunting Gloves
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2007, 04:42:00 AM »
I just got a pair they fit pretty good reinforced fingertips and a good price to and one of are sponsors to check it out at Lost Nations Archery its called the Polar Fleece Glove Fleece on the back and leather on the palm.
Charlie Brown.

Offline TSHOOTER

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2007, 05:21:00 AM »
Picked up a pair of brown rag wool gloves with the gripper dots for $5.00 at walmart last week.  Can't beat the price and they are nice and warm.
He who has the Son has life; he who does not have the Son does not have life.  (1 John 5:12)

PBS
TGMM Family of the Bow
P&Y
Comptons

Offline Tom Leemans

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2007, 12:51:00 PM »
I have fleece glomits. I can fit my damascus glove through the finger holes. When it's time to shoot, just flip the mitten end back! If it's real cold, I have a hand warmer muff with warmer packs inside. Mmmmmm toasty!
Got wood? - Tom

Offline Jerry Jeffer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2007, 01:15:00 PM »
They have a much nicer pair of those at Wally world for 12$
I will give thanks to the LORD because of his righteousness and will sing praise to the name of the LORD Most High.

Offline Tim Fishell

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2007, 01:25:00 PM »
I use a pair of unlined deer skin gloves for hunging and then if it gets really cold I put a pair of fingerless rag wool gloves over top of them.
Dreams can not be bought; they are free to those who have lived. -Mike Mitten

We must go beyond the textbooks, go out into the untrodden depths of the wilderness & travel & explore & tell the world the glories of our journey

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline snag

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2007, 08:06:00 PM »
I just bought a pair like these today! But they are 55% fleece and 45% wool. Very warm and they have the knobs on the palm for a sure grip. They were $11.95 at a farm supply place here in town.
Isaiah 49:2...he made me a polished arrow and concealed me in his quiver.

Offline Fletcher

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2007, 09:32:00 PM »
Glomitts are pretty nice and warm, but the bulk can make it different to grip your bow.  If you use them, be sure to practice with them a bit before hunting.  I use a light rag wool glove on my string hand, with a tab put on over the glove.  If it gets cold, that hand goes into the pocket.  I use the same glove on my bow hand, and go to a heavier glove  or add a mitten as it gets colder.  If it gets too cold, I hang the bow and both hands go in the pockets, with warmers if necessary.
Good judgement comes from experience.  Experience comes from bad judgement.

"The next best thing to playing and winning is playing and losing."

"An archer doesn't have to be a bowhunter, but a bowhunter should be an archer."

Offline Billy Thomas

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2007, 01:44:00 PM »
I bought a pair of mechanix gloves and glued strips of leather to the fingertips. Best gloves I've had. Not as thick as a regular shooting glove, but better than bare finger. Plus it's a whole glove for when it's a bit cool out.

Offline snag

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2007, 02:21:00 PM »
I have gone to a tab and improved my shooting. I can use an insulated glove without any problems now. Just a thought.
Isaiah 49:2...he made me a polished arrow and concealed me in his quiver.

Offline Jeff Strubberg

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2007, 02:30:00 PM »
Never could wear gloves and shoot.

I use a hand muff, like you see the NFL quarterbacks wearing in cold weather.  Keep your hands inside and warm until the time comes to draw.
"Teach him horsemanship and archery, and teach him to despise all lies"          -Herodotus

Offline Greyfox54

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2007, 08:03:00 PM »
I use the army surplus wool glove liners and just cut the fingertips off the one and put my shooting glove (Bigshot) over the glove not the other way around , that way it comes off easy without turning glove inside out . The wool glove liners stay warm even when wet , Fred
Greyfox54

Offline chesapeakeblend

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: November 06, 2007, 08:25:00 PM »
Can't go wrong with that REI stuff.  Look into the fly fishing stuff too, because there are a pair of glove/flip over fleece mitts in windstopper by Simms.

http://www.simmsfishing.com/site/windstopper_foldover_mitt.html

Solid stuff from a nice company out of Montana.
Mike Norton

A man may not care for golf and still be human, but the man who does not like to see, hunt, photograph, or otherwise outwit birds or animals is hardly normal.    -Aldo Leopold

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©