3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Im singing the Blues  (Read 473 times)

Offline ymountainman

• Trad Bowhunter
Im singing the Blues
« on: May 19, 2017, 04:11:00 PM »
My Bear Kodiak blew up yesterday, the string loop went thru the tip and down the limb. Im looking for a super Kodiak 65lbs or heavier,RH bow. Nobody has one. If anybody knows of one to buy I would be interested. Thank You.

Re: Im singing the Blues
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2017, 04:38:00 PM »
I have seen that same breakage before. Did it have an unpadded fast flight on it?  I had a right hand 60 pounder that I gave away a year ago, a Gainesville model.  Not as heavy as you wanted anyway.  The area Bear dealer never stocked them that heavy, that weight in a used one may be hard to find.

Offline ymountainman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2017, 04:54:00 PM »
Yes I think I put the wrong string on it, im a idiot. I just found one and bought it, so maybe I can start shooting again asap. THanks Pavan!

Offline David McLendon

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2017, 05:10:00 PM »
I feel your pain, I lost a pristine Dogleg 3 years ago to a glue line failure. I'm always on the lookout for a LH 63 Kodiak replacement. I've seen a couple, but just not the condition and weight I'm looking for.
Lefties are the only ones who hold the bow in the right hand.

Offline crazynate

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2017, 09:13:00 PM »
Ouch sorry for your loss. I hate it when bows blow up.

Online Kenny Henderson

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2017, 09:14:00 PM »
I may know of two Bear Super Kodiaks that are both RH and 65#....my dad, one is his main hunting bow (nicknamed "Meatpole") the other is a back up that he never shot...he can no longer shoot either of them due to age, Meatpole wouldn't be for sale but he may sell his back up. I'll check and see if he will part with it. His back up Super Kodiak would date from the early 90's if memory serves me correctly.
"Commit your way to the Lord, Trust also in Him, And He shall bring it to pass" Psalm 37:5

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©