3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: How about a semi-live bear hunt?  (Read 1368 times)

Offline zipper bowss

• Trad Bowhunter
How about a semi-live bear hunt?
« on: May 19, 2017, 06:03:00 PM »
Tracy and I are headed to Stickflingers in just a couple of weeks. Ryan says he has 4 baits that should have cell service. We bit the bullet and made Zipper/Grizzly ante up for some extra international data. That way we can share the bear hunting action with you folks.

Here is the plan. Tracy will be hunting first. She is doing here usual thing. Hunting on the ground 15 yards or so from the bear bait with a few sticks and limbs to give us a little bit of cover. She will be hunting with her recurve. I'll be right behind her with her cell phone as well as an actual video camera to try to capture the action. Oh and some pepper spray just in case a grumpy bear likes a little extra seasoning on his dinner time snack.The plan is to live feed from our hunting position to Zipper and or Grizzly facebook pages.The thing is you will have to have a facebook page and "like" each Zipper and Grizzly pages to get to see it all as it happens. If we do not have cell service.We will still record it on her phone as well as the video camera that way it can be uploaded later. Again to the facebook pages.Keep in mind this is all dependent on cell service and my limited ability to cope with technology.

Well...what do you think? Is this a waste of time and money or are you guys into it?

Offline zipper bowss

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: How about a semi-live bear hunt?
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2017, 06:09:00 PM »
We have the good fortune to be in camp with some great Tradgangers and PBS members. I know Bill and Jeanie Kissner, Daryl Harding, Jim Class Sr. and Jim Class Jr as well as Brad Hawkins will all be in camp. There maybe others but those are the ones I'm aware of.

Brad, Tracy and I are all riding up together. As long as they do not keep Brad at the border (he looks shady you know). We will start hunting on June 4.

Offline The Night Stalker

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2017, 06:17:00 PM »
The pressure is on Tracy!
Say hello to Bill and Brad for me.
Just talked to Holchin about Alaska and arrows.  we would like to see the video.
Speed does not Kill, Silence Kills
Professional Bowhunters Society

Offline The Night Stalker

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2017, 06:27:00 PM »
Just talked to Holchin about Alaska and arrows.  we would like to see the video.
Speed does not Kill, Silence Kills
Professional Bowhunters Society

Online 4dogs

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2017, 07:02:00 PM »
That sounds GREAT! I will be looking forward to this.  Thanks for going to all the extra trouble.
>>>---TGMM, Family of the Bow--->

Offline Jwilliam

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2017, 07:13:00 PM »
Originally posted by The Night Stalker:
My money is on Tracy to seal the deal. She is a stone cold killer when it comes to bears. I will be tuned it for sure. Good luck to everyone in camp !!!

Online SuperK

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2017, 07:17:00 PM »
It would be great if you could put the video on the Grizzly web page.  Some of us "old school" don't do facebook!  Pray y'all have a safe drive.
They exchanged the truth of GOD for a lie,and worshiped and served created things rather than the Creator-who is forever praised.Amen Romans 1:25 NIV

Offline Jeff D. Holchin

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2017, 07:30:00 PM »
This sounds great, but you better not screw up Bill.  Like, for example, hitting the "power" button instead of "record" button at the moment of truth.  Or even worse, having the camera focus reversed so that it records your mug instead of the action in front of you.  I have heard that rookies sometimes do that in extreme excitement....
Genesis 27:3 "Take your bow and a quiver full of arrows out into the open country, and hunt some wild game for me."

Proud PBS regular member - if you are a serious bowhunter, check us out at     http://probow.discussion.community

Offline Gator1

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2017, 07:33:00 PM »
Bill.   Awesome.  I'm glad you have the better hunter up first.

Offline Jeff D. Holchin

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2017, 07:39:00 PM »
This sounds great, but you better not screw up Bill.  Like, for example, hitting the "power" button instead of "record" button at the moment of truth.  Or even worse, having the camera focus reversed so that it records your mug instead of the action in front of you.  I have heard that rookies sometimes do that in extreme excitement....
Genesis 27:3 "Take your bow and a quiver full of arrows out into the open country, and hunt some wild game for me."

Proud PBS regular member - if you are a serious bowhunter, check us out at     http://probow.discussion.community

Offline ron w

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2017, 09:14:00 PM »
:thumbsup:  Best of luck.......
In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities. In the expert's there are few...So the most difficult thing is always to keep your beginner's mind...This is also the real secret of the arts: always be a beginner.  Shunryu Suzuki

Offline Biathlonman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2017, 09:26:00 PM »
I don't look that shady...lol.  I have a little hillbilly camera rigged up too that we can employ.

Offline meathead

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2017, 09:56:00 PM »
I like the idea.  What's the bear spray for?  Are you telling us that Tracy runs faster then you?  LOL

Offline elkken

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: May 19, 2017, 10:26:00 PM »
:thumbs:  :thumbs:   Live or semi live sounds exciting except for the bears who will be live and then not so live.

:campfire:    :archer2:

Ryan runs a great camp and I'm sure this will be double good
Sometimes it's better to be lucky than good

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Jayrod

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: May 20, 2017, 06:11:00 AM »
Heck yeah Bill that will be awesome I don't have Facebook but still should be some action packed video to be had...BEST OF LUCK!!
NRA Life member

Compton traditional bowhunter member

Offline dresnor

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: May 20, 2017, 06:38:00 AM »
No facebook here, but I'd like to see the video of the hunt.

Jeremy

Offline Holm-Made

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: May 20, 2017, 11:10:00 PM »
Keep the pretty one in front of the camera.

Offline zipper bowss

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: May 21, 2017, 06:59:00 AM »
Originally posted by Jeff D. Holchin:
Oh my!! I hope not again but crazy things have happened.    :rolleyes:

Originally posted by Gator1:
Bill.   Awesome.  I'm glad you have the better hunter up first.

Offline Cyclic-Rivers

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: May 21, 2017, 08:05:00 AM »
Good luck Bill and Tracey.  I don't have Facebook but I like the idea.
Relax,

You'll live longer!

Charlie Janssen

PBS Associate Member
Wisconsin Traditional Archers

>~TGMM~> <~Family~Of~The~Bow~<

Offline ChuckC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: May 21, 2017, 08:26:00 AM »
Good luck guys.  Sounds neat !  

When I first read your title I thought you guys were gonna hunt a semi live bear ( whatever that means).

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©