3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: PBS Campfire Stories  (Read 544 times)

Offline Duckbutt

• Trad Bowhunter
PBS Campfire Stories
« on: May 23, 2017, 01:06:00 PM »
Two great guys remembering Monty Moravec...

Offline Preston Lay

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: PBS Campfire Stories
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2017, 03:45:00 PM »
Thanks for posting, very nice.

Offline Orion

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
  • Contributing Member
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2017, 05:33:00 PM »
Monty was a good guy for sure. Also built a very good bow. Took one of his bows on my first Moose hunt.  He loaned me his notes/diary and a map before I floated the Moose John with Jay Massey many years ago.

Offline Steve Jr

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2017, 08:09:00 PM »
I enjoyed that, thanks for sharing it.

Steve Jr
Steve Jr

Stalker Coyote FXT LB 58" & 48#@26"
Compton Traditional Bowhunters Life Member

Offline bunyan

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2017, 08:16:00 PM »
That was a great video and I would love to see more like it.  It reminded me of Charlie Lamb's talk on the tradgang dvd. Does the PBS have others, or are they planning to put more together in the future? I can think of a few fellas that I'd love to hear talking around the campfire; either talking about their experiences or about hunting with those that have gone on before us.

Offline alligatordond

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2017, 08:23:00 PM »
It is always fun to get together with Flip Pallot. While many know him from his fishing shows, not many know he is quite an accomplished traditional bowhunter. The collection of bows given to him is impressive, Monarch, Brackenberry etc..
Plus he shoots well and is an outstanding woodsman and tracker., skills all traditionalists should strive to master.
The PBS goal with the Campfire Stories series is to  feature members who embody the close range traditional bowhunting and woodsman skills that seem to be disappearing even among some trad bowhunters. In doing so we hope to keep our rich history and traditional values in plain view lest we forget our past and those who worked so hard to get our archery seasons.
DonD

Offline Mark Baker

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2017, 08:51:00 PM »
Great video Don....Monty was a great guy and a friend.   We shot together a few times and he called me often to try and get new info on the unlimited sheep hunt south of me. It was one he wanted to try and tackle.  He did a lot of things many of us dream of, and did a lot of solo hunting.  It sure was a surprise to all of us when he left us.
My head is full of wanderlust, my quiver's full of hope.  I've got the urge to walk the prairie and chase the antelope! - Nimrod Neurosis

Offline alligatordond

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2017, 09:08:00 PM »
Thanks Mark,
This is hopefully just a start, as you know. We have one more made with a short fat bowhunter telling of a memorable hunt. And hopefully more will be in the works soon.
Monty made quite an impression on Flip even though he met him only once. It never ceases to amaze me how tradtional bowhunters can become fast friends in such a short time. A testament to the type of people who are members of PBS.

I did not know you and Monty were close, but am not surprised. I wish I could have met him.
DonD

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©