3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Simmons Land Shark Users  (Read 414 times)

Offline DarrinG

• Trad Bowhunter
Simmons Land Shark Users
« on: May 23, 2017, 09:37:00 PM »
With the next deer season already on my mind, I am considering trying the Simmons Land Shark head. The particular model I am considering is the model SB-10 Land Shark 125 grain. My bow is currently tuned perfectly with 125 grain heads with the current shaft choice. I could go to a stiffer spine and then a heavier head, but I'm really liking the speed and trajectory I'm getting with my current setup, which is at 9.95 gpp with the 125 head choice. I've used the search feature here and done lots of reading, but most of the info I've found is on the heavier Simmons heads like the Tree Shark, Interceptor, etc, and not a lot on the Land Shark in 125g.

Anyone with real experience with the SB-10 Land Shark in 125g? I'd sure be grateful to hear about your thoughts and their performance on game! Thanks in advance!
Mark 1:17

Offline mec lineman

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Simmons Land Shark Users
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2017, 09:57:00 PM »
They are great,proven heads. They will humanely kill any critter on north America. Land sharks and tiger sharks are me favorite.
"Pick a spot,now aim 6" lower!"                        
Caribow taiga ex
Tall Tines Stickflinger
Yellowstone Halfbreed

P.B.S  member

Offline Alexander Traditional

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2017, 10:09:00 PM »
I sold mine before I killed anything with them. They are smaller than the others at a inch and three sixteenths.

Offline RC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2017, 01:49:00 PM »
A two blade land shark weighs around 150 without a bleeder which you don`t need. I bet your set up would shoot these wider heads with no adjustments and unless you are an Olympic archer you will not tell any trajectory difference at trad bow ranges.

Offline DarrinG

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2017, 03:28:00 PM »
RC, Simmons website shows they make the Land Shark model SB-10 in a 125g version. They also show a Land Shark in a wider version in a 135g labeled the SB-20 if I'm not mistaken. I like the idea of the wider SB-20 model. I've got my rig tuned very well with 125g heads, but maybe 10 grains wont matter.
Mark 1:17

Offline KeganM

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2017, 05:06:00 PM »
I'm interested in this as well. I haven't found much information on them other than compound shooters, who mostly use the 125 gr four blade (which I believe is the slimmer 100 gr with bleeders?)

What little I've read seems to point towards those heads being very tough but not that different than other four blades as far as damage.

I've only used the bigger Simmons though so might have to just get them and see.

Offline South MS Bowhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2017, 05:44:00 PM »
Everything I have and have become is due to the Lord and his great mercy.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©