3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: My summer challenge  (Read 351 times)

Offline bear bowman

• Trad Bowhunter
My summer challenge
« on: May 24, 2017, 07:06:00 AM »
So my shooting has improved a great deal over the last year. I've been practicing at longer distances and my buddies and I have been shooting from the compound stakes at 3d shoots.
With that being said, a lot of my practice is done shooting at ping pong balls on my bag target. I've hit balls from 15 out to about 32-35 yards. My challenge right now is to hit at 40. I've been getting very close but haven't hit. Does anyone else make challenges for themselves? What sort of things do you do?

Offline bear bowman

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: My summer challenge
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2017, 07:08:00 AM »

Offline ahab78

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2017, 07:47:00 AM »
Ping pong balls are great. I also hang a tennis ball in front of hay bales and shoot it still and swinging. Another good exercise I like to do is pick up some cheap nerf footballs from the dollar store and throw them out into a field at different distances and shoot from one position and then shoot at them while moving around.
USMC 1997-2005

Offline acedoc

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2017, 12:00:00 PM »
I found shooting high contrast targets not conducive to accuracy, try picking a spot on a dull same color target. That makes it tougher, else divide it into quadrants and let some one dictate which to hit. Aim and loose in least amount of time.
Toelke SS recurve
Toelke Whip
Sky Wildfire ilf with foam carbon xxl limbs

Online M60gunner

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2017, 02:48:00 PM »
As I am aging to enjoy shooting longer I have had to drop a little bow weight. My challenge is learning the new "sight picture" I need to get the arrow up. I also like shooting from the C bow stakes unless it is 60 yards.

Offline bunyan

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2017, 02:57:00 PM »
My kids drink a lot of little 8oz stubby water bottles  and my wife and I drink the regular 16oz ones. I usually throw a couple out in the yard when shooting and throw a judo at them. They get torn up quick (if I can hit them!) but I just throw them in the recycling when I'm done. I pretend the big ones are squirrels and the small ones are frogs! I usually focus on the bottle cap, a upc code, or something else on the label.

Offline wingnut

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2017, 04:11:00 PM »
This summer we will take a 1/2 dozen old golf balls and throw them out in the yard (over 2 acres of yard).  We shoot at them from point blank to I see one over there distance.  Really helps sharpen up the eye and it's great fun for the kids.

Mike
Mike Westvang

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©