3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Anybody else in a love triangle?  (Read 626 times)

Offline NBK

• Trad Bowhunter
Anybody else in a love triangle?
« on: May 26, 2017, 03:42:00 PM »
Anyone else find themselves caught between two bows?  Actually for me it'd be more like a square as there are three bows I've been juggling lately!  I shoot instinctive (can't gap worth a darn) and I know that committing to one would be beneficial for my consistency. Problem is that as soon as I think "this is the one" one of the others will call to me and, well, there I go!
Recently got a Toelke Whip. Gorgeous. With some well tuned carbons, a tab, and a longer hold at full draw it gives me the most confidence and a further comfortable range.
Then there's my Berry Vixen with Surewoods, a stiff leather glove and a Hill swing draw and man o man that's just pure fun!
Lastly there's my old sweetheart. A Dwyer Original that's tillered to pure perfection. That with wood arrows... hmmmm... a lovely I just can't let go.

I can't be the only one in this predicament.  Anyone else share this frustrating, fun problem?!
Mike

"I belong anywhere but in between"

Re: Anybody else in a love triangle?
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2017, 03:56:00 PM »
You don't have a Ménage à trois, you got an orgy going on there.

Offline kevsuperg

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2017, 04:29:00 PM »
I aquired a howatt sharpshooter a couple yrs back and just recently made a B50 Flemish string for it and started tuning.
 Man is it a nice shooter. Now I am torn between my modern super grizzly and the howatt.
 I just take them both when I'm shooting but sooner or later I'll have to pick one for hinting I guess.
USAF Medic 1982-1992
Life member BHA.
RMEF, PBS, Compton, idaho trad bow hunters

Offline Keith Zimmerman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2017, 04:32:00 PM »
Sure.  Tips, Bighorns, Wild Horse Creeks, Caribow, Allegheny Mountain, Black Widows, etc etc.

Offline tomsm44

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2017, 06:12:00 PM »
More like a love pentadecagon.
Matt Toms

Flatwoods Custom R/D:  64", 47@28
'66 Kodiak: 60", 55@28
Redwing Hunter:  58", 53@28
Ben Pearson 709 Hunter:  58", 47@28
Ben Pearson 709 Hunter:  58", 42@28
Hoots Recurve:  56", 42@28

Offline Sean B

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2017, 06:40:00 PM »
Yea......I have a Tip and a Widow. I just complicated life by ordering a Robertson Tribal Styk
Sean
PBS Regular Member
Comptons
NY Bowhunters Association
BW KB X
BW PCH X
BW PSR X
Robertson Tribal Styk

Offline DannyBows

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2017, 06:54:00 PM »
Good one Pavan!    :laughing:    :laughing:    :laughing:
"Always feel the wind, and walk just like the leaves".  ("LongBow Country"--Chad Slagle, "High, Wild, and Free").

Offline Biathlonman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2017, 09:15:00 PM »
I'm torn between a Toelke Pika and a Zipper Zipstick.  Both are #54 and both shoot the same arrow to the same place.  Both are heading to Canada with me next Friday.

Offline Tradcat

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2017, 09:17:00 PM »
Toelke Whip & a Great Northern Bushbow

Offline WVbowhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2017, 09:39:00 PM »
Stuck between my PSE talon and my ILF rig, ILF is lighter and is getting the early season where my shots are going to be under twenty-five yards, PSE gets late season when I'll likely have opportunities more I the thirty to thirty-five yard range as it shoots a heavier arrow a bit flatter.
Hunting is the fun part, once you kill something the work begins

Offline NBK

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2017, 09:48:00 PM »
Well alright now, glad to see I'm not alone in this.
Brad, best of luck in Canada.
Pavan, not quite the direction I was thinking but I like your style
Mike

"I belong anywhere but in between"

« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2017, 12:13:00 AM »
I understand this.  I am going to get myself down to just four bows by deer season. I like dual shooters, since I shoot left and right handed. One lighter and one heavier should be all that I will need in the future. If I find the perfect place to sit, I may go in as left hander, but hunt as a right hander, if the situation call for it.  It is still fun to load up the quiver with aluminum arrows and shoot a one sided bow sometimes. I have a bunch of 1918s and a shorter Robertson and a Berry Morningstar for that. The other bows instead of getting dusty, will be given to those that will make use out of them and be able to prove that they can and will use them.  I need to draw the line somewhere, but others may have a kinkier line than me.

Offline bunyan

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: May 28, 2017, 06:37:00 PM »
I have a fox breed that I love the lines and handling of, but I am finally realizing after messing with tuning issues for some time that it may not like me back. So last night I strung up my pse sable recurve and center punched a plastic bottle 2 out of three times after having not shot that bow in over 2 years or more! So I think my triangle has now become more of a vector! ( I think, its been a while since high school geometry!)

Online cacciatore

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: May 29, 2017, 03:18:00 AM »
Originally posted by Keith Zimmerman:
Sure.  Tips, Bighorns, Wild Horse Creeks, Caribow, Allegheny Mountain, Black Widows, etc etc.
I see ya
1993 PBS Regular
Compton
CBA
CSTAS

Offline Babbling Bob

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: May 29, 2017, 05:16:00 PM »
Loved my first two bows when I was a teenager like a person loves their first horse. No problem between just two bows. One was short for hunting and the other was a long risered target bow.

Right now, it's still easy. Some are for hunting, and some for 3-D's. Some are around 'cause I like to look at'em.  I call them backups.

Offline Sam McMichael

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: May 29, 2017, 05:41:00 PM »
I was in such a triangle once, but she and my wife compared notes, and I could not stand the snickers and giggles. Just joking.

Actually I have several hunting bows that draw my attention, but two cause me real consternation. I have two Northern Mist Sheltons. One is green glass with bamboo core. The other is built of yew - man what a beauty! I think the yew is just a tad smoother, but I am very confident with either bow. Both of them are 53# at 28" draw and are 68" long. I feel almost like a gunfighter with two evenly matched six guns.
Sam

Offline dbd870

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: May 30, 2017, 08:45:00 AM »
I really like my SuperMag out of a stand or blind and I really like my Spyder for 3D. I can't just switch back and forth though-I have to shoot one or the other a bit to get back on it. Maybe long time shooters can but I can't. I'm not sure what I'm going to do this fall
SWA Spyder

Offline TDHunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: May 30, 2017, 10:27:00 AM »
Yup 60" Kanati and my 64" 2 pc ACS. Absolutely love them both and fortunately with there current arrow setups I can pick one up then the other a hit the same target. Still want to ad a few foe to my collection

Offline Bldtrailer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: May 30, 2017, 10:32:00 AM »
Love the feel of my DaleDyes , love the performance of my Blacktail, Playing with a new to me Silvertip so yes I'm in a 4 way(don't tell the wife)
As we get older our bow weight goes down and our body weight goes up, One of Lifes little jokes.
Bringing Archery to
 Wounded Warriors

Offline Fun4all

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: May 30, 2017, 01:25:00 PM »
Well after 40 years of shooting compounds and hunting with a Samick Sage last year due to shoulder surgery.  I decided that before the shoulder surgery I wanted to simple things down so I would go traditional.  Well simple didn't last long, ordered a BW PSA and received it in January, now I have a Whip ordered and should be here by July, so no decisions are actually simple!  Oh the torture of decision making!!!

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©