3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Adding paracord to carbon  (Read 1036 times)

Offline Keith Westbrook

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Adding paracord to carbon
« Reply #20 on: June 03, 2017, 02:53:00 PM »
Yep and some people forgot that they're supposed to be killing animals but I guess they really never knew how to since we don't see those type the post from those certain individuals. These people who take potshots after potshots and also seems like they're after the same individual.  Maybe if they could actually kill something they would have something to talk about besides trying to belittle people.

I certainly won't be holding my breath I can tell you that.

Offline kevsuperg

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: June 03, 2017, 03:46:00 PM »
Right on Terry, gotta love a dude that speaks his mind.
USAF Medic 1982-1992
Life member BHA.
RMEF, PBS, Compton, idaho trad bow hunters

Online mgf

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: June 04, 2017, 08:19:00 AM »
Originally posted by old_goat2:

Originally posted by mgf:
I never had that problem and I do use 125 grain heads.

I put the weighted line in because I got some carbon arrows that only weight 7.3 grains/inch. Adding the line at about 3 grains/inch brings the weight (and foc) up to about where it is on my other arrows.
You must be using a different FOC Calculator and a different set of Laws of Physics than me if you are adding weight to your arrow and bringing up your FOC. [/b]
It didn't bring the foc up...hello?...it brought the weight up. Now weight and foc are similar to all my other arrows.

Online mgf

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: June 04, 2017, 08:33:00 AM »
My foc measures about 24% (see edit). I don't know what kind of foc any of you are looking for but my arrows fly well and penetration is more than enough for anything I get to hunt.

The only problem I've had with weight tubes is nocks wanting to fly off. I glued them in.

Edit; sorry that was wrong. foc is about 12%. Balance point is at 19.25 on a 31 inch arrow.

Offline Keith Westbrook

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: June 04, 2017, 11:46:00 AM »
If I'm not mistaken 10% was pretty good with field tips back in the day and broadheads we're supposed to be at least 12 to get good arrow flight with the blades on the front.

It would be interesting to know what the FOC was on the Arrow toting a Delta four blade that killed two polar bears with one shot.

Offline Keith Westbrook

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: June 04, 2017, 04:57:00 PM »
oh oh, I hear Tick Tock again!!!

Online mgf

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: June 05, 2017, 04:25:00 PM »
My aluminum Easton xx75 Gamegetters come out almost exactly the same (with nothing added).

Online Tim Reese

• Trad Bowhunter
  • Cut it out
« Reply #27 on: June 06, 2017, 10:11:00 PM »
I just recently started trying paracord and I am still learning how to keep it in place. I cut it long and packed it in but apparently not enough. After a few shots it compacted and is loose now. I really like Terry's idea. Gonna try this also. The paracord was perfect to get the weight I wanted. I was at 435 grains  and got up to 520 grains with paracord. Which is about perfect for my 45#@29" bow.
66” Northern Mist Superior
68” Howard Hill cheetah

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©