3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Timberghost Black Pearl  (Read 455 times)

Offline katman

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Timberghost Black Pearl
« on: May 28, 2017, 12:34:00 PM »
I was so glad to hear Kent was back to building bows. Had a chance to shoot Kent's new Timberghost G3SS black pearl, his personal bow. Very nice of him to send it out but does not want to make a habit of it. Link to his thread showing bow is  http://tradgang.com/noncgi/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=154181#000000

Here is a copy of an excerpt from an email I sent to Kent regarding my first thoughts,

Started with a skinny 8190 with rubber whiskers at the quarters instead of thirds and dropped brace to 6 3/4. Fletched and bare shaft where basically going to the same hole, lucky not to bust a nock. Really like how it shot, sounded and felt. Quiet, smooth and steady on release. Limbs seem to be balanced well with no handshock. Took a bit to adjust to the higher impact due to the extra speed she has and the shelf being raised a bit with the spacer you put under the rug. After that she performed very well. Was grouping them nicely. Sight window is a little short for me(11" riser on this bow) but not to bad on such a short riser, just needed to cant a bit. The mass of the G10 riser is very nice, a cross between wood and metal riser in weight. Grip makes easy comfortable repeatable placement with the thumb groove. I think the stipple is nice without to much friction. Limb stability seemed exceptionally good, especially considering those hooks. Definitely has the super curve draw with early weight and softening near the back end of draw. The speed was noticeably quicker than my current setups, chrono said 10 fps faster with same arrow and weight on one of my bows. That's a bunch and the bow I compared it to is no slouch.

I think Kent has a winner here. The draw cycle is very different from an ASL but the performance gain is huge imo. Also the bow was not twitchy, that is not sensitive to minor form flaws. I feel that is due to the forward handle and the very stable limbs both torsionally and vertically. Don't need another bow but starting to save up for one of these fantastic bows.

Thanks again Kent and good luck with a fantastic design.
shoot straight shoot often

Offline Terry Green

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Timberghost Black Pearl
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2017, 12:45:00 PM »
Very Nice!
Tradbowhunting Video Store - https://digitalstore.tradgang.com/

Tradgang Bowhunting Merchandise - https://tradgang.creator-spring.com/?

Tradgang DVD - https://www.tradgang.com/tgstore/index.html

"It's important,  when going after a goal, to never lose sight of the integrity of the journey" - Andy Garcia

'An anchor point is not a destination, its  an evolution to conclusion'

Offline AR RidgeRunner

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2017, 07:12:00 PM »
Thanks for the great review Gery. Glad you liked it. The short riser is not for everybody. I also offer a 13" or 15" version which would resolve your issues with the short sight window.
Thanks again and hope you enjoy the rest of your Memorial Day weekend.

Offline southernarcher

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2017, 04:24:00 PM »
Man you were quick to get your post on. I have pretty much the exact experience as katman. I'm a longbow guy, so it was definitely different for me, and I'd never shot carbon limbs, much less carbon/foam cores. At least half again as fast as my hybrid longbows, and nice and smooth. Looking to try and get into a low wrist 15" risered  model.
"We do this for fun, but we aren't playing"

Offline AR RidgeRunner

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2017, 05:13:00 PM »
Thanks Michael, glad you enjoyed shooting the bow and appreciate you putting it through the paces.

Offline Friend

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2017, 07:26:00 PM »
A comfortable, accurate and performance bow that may be an exact fit for many.

Superior work Kent...
>>----> Friend <----<<

My Lands… Are Where My Dead Lie Buried.......Crazy Horse

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©