3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Another USPS lost  (Read 784 times)

Offline ranger 3

• Trad Bowhunter
Another USPS lost
« on: May 31, 2017, 08:17:00 AM »
Well Josh sent me some feathers on 5/23 and the tracking number says it would be here 5/25. There is no scans after it was scanned in Fort Wayne IN.
Black widow PLX 48@28
Black widow PSRX 48@28

Offline SlowBowinMO

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Another USPS lost
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2017, 08:35:00 AM »
Aggravating no doubt, but most likely it will show up at some point.
"Down-Log Blind at Misty River"

Offline scrub-buster

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2017, 08:39:00 AM »
I've had staves get stuck in transit for several weeks.  They eventually made it to their destination.  Both times I sent a replacement before they were delivered.
AKA Osage Outlaw

Offline eckterling

• Trad Bowhunter
    • Sponsor Classified Ad
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2017, 09:26:00 AM »
I have had only one package not make it to its destination. If it doesn't show this week I will replace those feathers for you. No worries.

Josh

Offline ranger 3

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2017, 09:35:00 AM »
I know Josh, I was just bashing usps, I know it isn't not fault of yours. We will hold out, thanks
Black widow PLX 48@28
Black widow PSRX 48@28

Offline ksbowman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2017, 09:52:00 AM »
I had a bow sent to Alaska take 3 weeks, a bow coming from Colorado take 10 days and a payment going to Maryland take 2 weeks, but they all got there. Sometimes it takes patience. That being said I prefer shipping USPS and they have always came thru in good shape.
I would've taken better care of myself,if I'd known I was gonna live this long!

Offline Keith Zimmerman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2017, 04:32:00 PM »
A package to TX Priority 3 days.  A check in an envelope 7 days. But they get there....eventually.

Offline LBR

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2017, 04:35:00 PM »
Depends on what hub it goes through it seems.  I've had better luck with UPS.  Don't remember the last time I had a problem.  USPS...not a lot of problems, but more stuff started coming up missing after our hub moved from Tupelo, MS to Memphis, TN.

Offline Killdeer

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2017, 05:05:00 PM »
We just had a national holiday, and although there was parcel delivery all weekend, I still delivered 150 parcels and three days' worth of mail yesterday. We are trying. And I admit, I may have made a mistake once or twice.

Give it time, but keep in contact with the delivery supervisor, or if they are a slug, the postmaster at your office. And the postmaster at the office that shipped it.

Killdeer
It all rolls downhill, and I stand at the bottom, gaping up.   :knothead:
Long, long afterward, in an oak I found the arrow, still unbroke;
And the song, from beginning to end, I found again in the heart of a friend.

~Longfellow

TGMM Family Of The Bow

Online jess stuart

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2017, 06:24:00 PM »
I have had really great luck with USPS but UPS not so much.  Our local UPS delivery driver left a package at our gate several hundred yards from the house.  I try to never use UPS.

Offline Etter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2017, 06:33:00 PM »
I send out over 100 invoices per month. At least five percent get lost in the mail.

Online Archie

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2017, 07:22:00 PM »
I sent out 2 large boxes with a Jo-Jan fletcher, bow parts, books, and all kinds of other stuff, from Ohio to Alaska and neither has arrived yet.  Sent them USPS in 1997.
Life is a whole lot easier when you just plow around the stump.

2006  64" Black Widow PMA
2009  66" Black Widow PLX
2023  56" Cascade Archery Whitetail Hawk
2023  52" Cascade Archery Golden Hawk Magnum

Offline fnshtr

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: May 31, 2017, 08:40:00 PM »
Originally posted by Archie:
I sent out 2 large boxes with a Jo-Jan fletcher, bow parts, books, and all kinds of other stuff, from Ohio to Alaska and neither has arrived yet.  Sent them USPS in 1997.
WOW! Should be arriving soon! Lol
56" Kempf Kwyk Styk 50@28
54" Java Man Elkheart 50@28
WVBA Member
1 John 3:1

Online Pat B

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: May 31, 2017, 11:13:00 PM »
I've always had excellent service out of the USPS. If I'm sending something of value or fragile I send it Priority Mail and sometimes there isn't much difference in the cost of Parcel Post and Priority Mail.
 I was told by a P.O. agent that fewer folks handle Priority Mail, thus it is a safer way to go.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!
TGMM Family of the Bow

Online Walt Francis

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: June 01, 2017, 02:53:00 AM »
Killi, good to see you posting again.

And.....no offence to you, but the USPS haven't located the Schafer, Marriah, and Cook Mountain, longbows my brother shipped to me last month from Alaska.
The broadhead used, regardless of how sharp, is nowhere as important as being able to place it in the correct spot.

Walt Francis

Regular Member of the Professional Bowhunters Society

Online Wheels2

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: June 01, 2017, 06:20:00 AM »
You have a couple of choice.
Ship USPS to save some money but understand that their tracking system is not good.
Ship UPS and pay more.
I have never used Fed-Ex, so I cannot comment.
All of them will lose or damage packages as they are run by people and people make mistakes.
Add to that holiday backlogs.

Complaining about the shipper on this or any forum will not help you.
Super Curves.....
Covert Hunter Hex9h
Morrison Max 6 ILF
Mountain Muffler strings to keep them quiet
Shoot as much weight as you can with accuracy

Offline Killdeer

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: June 01, 2017, 08:27:00 PM »
Walt, I wish I could tell you what swell bows they are.

Killdeer     :banghead:
Long, long afterward, in an oak I found the arrow, still unbroke;
And the song, from beginning to end, I found again in the heart of a friend.

~Longfellow

TGMM Family Of The Bow

Offline mj seratt

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: June 02, 2017, 03:04:00 AM »
Killy, I miss you posting like you did some years back.  Always interesting and enjoyable.  I remember when you announced you were cutting back.  I have always hoped you would reconsider.
As to USPS, most of the service is wonderful.  But, I have sat at my computer where I can see my mailbox, and watched the driver fill out a form to leave that stated no one was there to sign for a piece of mail.  A call to the post office led to nothing but double talk and frustration.

Murray
Murray Seratt

Offline Jon Stewart

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: June 02, 2017, 06:24:00 AM »
Had been mailing USPS for many years sending bows, arrows and targets to military bases in Afganistan and Iraq with not one issue. Never lost or damaged parcels.  That was a few years ago and can't do it anymore. I now send and receive large flat rate boxes of knapping rock without any problems.  

I know USPS is cheaper than the two mailing services.

Offline Jim Wright

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: June 02, 2017, 09:03:00 AM »
I have mailed dozens of bows and fly rods USPS Priority/Insured. None have failed to get where they were sent intact save once when a bow was damaged, it was the only one I ever lost the receipt for and it was a p.i.t.a. but I did receive full reimbursement. I have never failed to receive an item sent USPS and all have arrived intact. On the other hand and simply one among a number of instances, a package was recently delivered to my residence and left by FEDEX in plain sight, unprotected from the elements on the ground against the outside of my roll-up garage door. When my wife left the next morning of course she ran over it. A claim with FEDEX was arbitrarily denied within a week but fortunately the shipper ate the loss and mailed a replacement package. It came by FEDEX again and this time the driver threw the package blind over a seven foot high wood fence into the open side of my garage. It was protected from the elements this time at least but the down side was it ended up against the back of the front passenger tire of my wife's car, which already had proven to be pretty rough on cardboard packages. I noticed it the next morning fortunately and am still waiting for FEDEX to give me any explanation of why they can't simply walk the package to my front door like the post office always does.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©