3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Upholstery grade leather.  (Read 269 times)

Offline Joe Clark

• Trad Bowhunter
Upholstery grade leather.
« on: November 02, 2007, 05:17:00 PM »
I have eleven thirty gallon garbage bags of scrap leather. I got the leather to use for Cub Scout projects etc. However, having this much has become a storage problem. I was wondering if anybody wanted to maybe trade something they can make from the leather for some leather. Anyway some of the pieces are large like 3' x 2' and larger and color varies. This leather is used to upholster the seats in jet airplanes. Apparently when you are building a $40 million jet you have to use the same dye lot on all the upholstery. Once they are done they scrap the remaining leather from that dye lot if it is not enough to do another entire jet.

Anyway if folks are interested or have ideas let me know.

Offline ethan

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Upholstery grade leather.
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2007, 06:06:00 PM »
I don't need any Joe, but I use that same stuff for handles on the bows I build and it's perfect.  Not to thick and not to thin!

Offline dtgiacomini

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Upholstery grade leather.
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2007, 07:03:00 PM »
I could use a few of the larger pieces, I was going to make a few simple quivers for my father and brother for xmas, but I cannot find a leather place near bye and ordering them off the internet was confusing.  PM me with a price.  Thanks,
 Dom

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©