3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: 58" and 60" Longbows  (Read 426 times)

Offline Boneyard Bowhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
58" and 60" Longbows
« on: November 02, 2007, 05:27:00 PM »
I am thinking about a hybrid long bow 58" or 60"
I would like some info on what others are shooting and how they preform. Can you list bow, length, wood, aluminum or carbon arrow and FPS if you know.
Thanks.
The size of the horns don,t matter
as long as it has a good tale.

Offline JEFF B

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: 58" and 60" Longbows
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2007, 05:35:00 PM »
i have a k and m archery supermountain allegheny longbow 60" long #48 @28" by bill kerner walnut diamond wood riser limbs not sure but they have carbon core does 185 to 95 fps with axis 500 carbons with 125 grn heads. this is a real sweet shooting bow    :thumbsup:
'' sometimes i wake up Grumpy;
other times i let her sleep"

TGMM FAMILY OF THE BOW

Offline DC

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2007, 07:26:00 PM »
I have an Acadian Woods Treestick 56" 51# @28" Wenge riser, walnut limbs with bamboo core. Very smooth and accurate bow. I shoot tapered cedar arrows. I don't know arrow speed, but it seems pretty quick (fast enough to get the job done).

Offline Bjorn

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2007, 09:11:00 PM »
ACS CX 62" 2 of them-third on order. Fedora Xtreme 60". Morrison Shawnee with Dakota limbs 58".
These all shoot double tapered cedar arrows weighing 600 grains. The bows are all right around 50# and shoot about the same speed-the ACS are a bit faster and a lot smoother.

Offline Cootling

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2007, 09:37:00 PM »
I'm currently shooting 2 Pronghorn takedowns, 1 58" and 56# with bamboo limbs and the other 60" and 54# with osage limbs.  Gorgeous bows, dead quiet, very easy to shoot well.  Speed is not a big deal to me and chronographs are pretty variable, so I won't report FPS.  I can tell you, though, that my 58" bow was only 3 fps behind my Morrison takedown recurve (generally acknowledged as a fast bow; same weight/arrow/shooter/chrono/day).  The 60" bow is not as fast (maybe the osage?), but smoother to draw.

I shoot Beman ICS woodgrain shafts (500s from the 54# bow, 400s from the 56# bow) with 100 grain inserts and 125 grain broadheads.  They fly like they have been shot down a pipe.

Offline Homebru

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2007, 10:00:00 PM »
Morrison....I shoot a Shawnee w/ Dakota limbs 60".  I'm told you can shoot a shorter bow w/ 28" draw but I like the 60" and went with that.
homebru

Offline Lefty

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2007, 10:33:00 PM »
ttt

Offline Scott S.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2007, 10:15:00 AM »
I have a 56" Treadway, a 58" RER Vortex, and a 60" Thunderstick Mag.  They all seem fast, but I've never chrono'ed them.  None of them are too fussy with regard to arrow spine.
"The fear of you and the dread of you shall be upon every beast of the earth and upon every bird of the heavens, upon everything that creeps on the ground and all the fish of the sea. Into your hand they are delivered." Gen 9:2

Offline DannyBows

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2007, 11:57:00 PM »
I've got two 56" Hybrids I love to shoot. Bow on left is made by Dave Beeler out of Kansas. 55@28. Shoots real nice, very accurate and quiet. No hand shock.I got my first Robinhood with her recently.  Don't know arrow speed, but she's no slouch. I think Dave builds them in a 60" version also, and I will be having him make me one in that length before long.
Bow in middle is made by a Jeff Findish, I think he's in Tennessee, but I got it second hand and don't know about him. It is 55@27 and is a fine shooting bow. She also seems plenty fast and is smooth, quiet and shock-free.
 I've never shot longer longbows so I can't compare them, but I came to these from recurves and right away I was shooting them at my top level, which may not be saying much, LOL! They are both feather light and a joy to carry in the woods.

"Always feel the wind, and walk just like the leaves".  ("LongBow Country"--Chad Slagle, "High, Wild, and Free").

Offline sticshooter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2007, 08:20:00 AM »
Ya know them Beeler bows are very nice indeed. Dave is a awesome guy and great to talk to.<><
The Church of God is an anvil that has worn out many hammers.

"Walk softly..and carry a sharp   Stic."
TGMM

Offline Weekend Warrior

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2007, 09:44:00 AM »
58' Mikuta 48 @ 27"  Named (Autumn Wind)
Spruce arrows
160 gr tips & Magnus BH
Shoots and feels great..
Its a keeper for sure!
  I bought this mikuta off a member here on tradgang..After talking with him on the phone he said that if I didn't like it I could send it back...The moment I picked it up I new it had found a perment home..

Even sent the bow before I had mailed the money..
  As for speed I've never been concerned about it..
  The first thing I look for in a bow, is how it feels in my hand and shoots.

Lots of good bows and bowyers out their..
Good luck on finding the one for you.

Offline Jwilliam

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: November 04, 2007, 09:59:00 AM »
I have a 60" Treadway 51#@28". It's plenty fast enough for me, although I have never checked the speed. As others have said, it's more about the way the bow feels. My Treadway draws very smooth,is absolutly dead in the hand, and just shoots great. My opinion is it's not how fast the bow is, it's being able to put the arrow where you want!!! So I have never been too conserned about speed.

Bill

Offline flightmedic

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: November 04, 2007, 10:22:00 AM »
i shoot a STRIKER stinger 58inch at 50# with a foward handle and love it very little hand shock, and is always easy to shoot, love so much my wife and me  each ordered another one.
Toelke ( Troll)

Striker bow (stinger)

Compton Member
PBS MEMBER
"In the wind he is still alive Fred Bear "

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©