3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Speed?  (Read 1033 times)

Re: Speed?
« Reply #20 on: June 27, 2017, 01:19:00 PM »
Sorting through old stuff deciding what to give away and what to throw away, I dug up two fiberglass fish arrows with big feathers and broadheads.  I made them after I read a Monty Browning  article. When it comes to solid glass fish arrows, 85 pounds and 55 pounds are not the same thing.  I shot them at my deer target from 25 yards, you bet, the first shots went under the target.  The next attempts were on, penetration was nothing special, loggy flight.  My wife said it was like watching a slow motion video of an arrow in the air.

Offline Roadkill

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: June 28, 2017, 07:53:00 PM »
10 gpi with my shortdraw,my bows tend to be about 154fps  that speed is about all I can get happily.
Cast a long shadow-you may provide shade to someone who needs it.  Semper Fi

Offline batbow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: June 29, 2017, 09:41:00 AM »
I am glad to see my results are normal. And comments about fast bows mean  maybe 10 fps above average. In the real world hunting rarely going to make a difference.
Until recently I had never chronographed a recurve.
Thanks for all the comments
Stalker Coyote 56, 49@28
Acadian woods carbon recurve 58 46@28
Black widow pch 58, 40@28
Browning Nomad Stalker 45# 28
Morrison 58, 47@28
Black Widow PCH 58 in 40#@28

« Reply #23 on: June 30, 2017, 04:32:00 AM »
There is another kind of fast that is politically  incorrect in some circles. How fast can one get an accurate arrow in the air.  A former compound shooter went pheasant hunting with us one day. He was always talking about hitting a 50 cent piece at twenty yards.  He had pheasants get right up in front of him and never got a shot off.  When a pheasant gets up 18 yards out, in four seconds, it is as good as gone.  In two seconds it may still be a shot.  In one second it is about 8 feet off the ground and climbing.  oop, I get to go back to bed the dog has done her thing.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©