3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Black Widow KB  (Read 1603 times)

Offline rocketman

• Trad Bowhunter
Black Widow KB
« on: June 08, 2017, 10:05:00 PM »
Did a search but didn't find much traffic, anybody got any experience with the Black Widow KB?  Opinions appreciated.

Thanks

Online Hermon

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Black Widow KB
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2017, 07:20:00 AM »
Nice shooting bow (like all Black Widow), but it has a very short sight window.  2.5" I believe.  Too short for my shooting style.  That is the only thing I don't like about it.  If you have a fairly high anchor point it may not be an issue for you.

Online Terry Lightle

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2017, 07:30:00 AM »
Basically a 1 piece PCH
Compton Traditional Bowhunters Life Member

Offline Crash

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2017, 07:49:00 AM »
My favorite bow in their line up.  I like the lighter physical weight of the bow and I think they are quieter than the longer models.
"Instinctive archery is all about possibilities.  Mechanist archery is all about alternatives. "  Dean Torges

Offline Crash

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2017, 07:58:00 AM »
My favorite bow in their line up.  I like the lighter physical weight of the bow and I think they are quieter than the longer models.
"Instinctive archery is all about possibilities.  Mechanist archery is all about alternatives. "  Dean Torges

Offline Sean B

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2017, 08:12:00 AM »
Great shooting little bow. I have a high anchor so the short Widow works for me. I think it's also their prettiest!!

Sean
PBS Regular Member
Comptons
NY Bowhunters Association
BW KB X
BW PCH X
BW PSR X
Robertson Tribal Styk

Offline KAZ

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2017, 08:30:00 AM »
I absolutely love the KB! I wanted a short maneuverable/nimble bow and it is smooth as silk. Mine is 54", 53lbs@28" and I draw 27-5/8" or so. I shoot instinctive with a fairly high anchor point so the shorter sight window is not an issue. Just the right weight/balance. As someone stated above, it's similar to the PCH, just a one piece. I love them both, but to have same feel I'd probably bump up to the 56" PCH for my draw length OR live with a little less comfort if I went 54". Someday I'll get the PCH to have in my stable, but my KB is a killing machine and technically all I'd ever "need"...

Below is a link to the first year I got it...

http://tradgang.com/noncgi/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=123089;p=1

Happy to answer any additional questions - "KAZ"

Offline rocketman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2017, 08:47:00 PM »
I take it the KB isn't Black Widows most popular model.

Offline Sean B

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2017, 10:43:00 PM »
Originally posted by rocketman:
I would say that's because it's a one piece. And I don't think many people had tried one. I was lucky enough to have had Roger and Toby bring one to bear camp for me to try. I also shot Kaz's KB. I've owned almost all the BW models and have been shooting them for almost 25 years. The KB is my favorite
Sean
PBS Regular Member
Comptons
NY Bowhunters Association
BW KB X
BW PCH X
BW PSR X
Robertson Tribal Styk

Offline KAZ

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2017, 08:18:00 AM »
Originally posted by rocketman:
Black Widow makes many different models for a reason. To fit the needs, desires, and preferences of many different folks.

One piece, takedown, longbow, recurve, short draw, long draw, short / long overall length, light / heavier mass, short / tall sight window, etc...

The KB is still relatively new and with the shorter sight window it will likely never be the most "popular" model for the masses. If you want a one piece & the shorter sight window works for your shooting style, it is an amazing, beautiful bow that deserves a good long look or test drive.... The PTF & PA are also wonderful bows.

If you want recommendations for a model & length that most closely aligns with your desires, I'm sure many of us OR Black Widow would offer lots of experience & helpful feedback.

Offline Medley

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2017, 04:08:00 AM »
Love the KB and the PTF. Very tough decision between the two. Very smooth, very forgiving, and beautiful!

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©