3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Caribow Static tip?  (Read 597 times)

Offline md126

• Trad Bowhunter
Caribow Static tip?
« on: June 20, 2017, 10:30:00 AM »
Hello all,  Anyone have or shoot a Caribow Taiga or Turku static tip, I believe it's the EX limbs?  If so how do they compare to other static tip recurves like Stalker, RER, Bigfoot, etc...?   Any other comments on Abe's bows welcome also, either here or PM.  Thanks!  Mike

Offline suburbanirma

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Caribow Static tip?
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2017, 10:40:00 AM »
Just got a new-to-me Tuktu two-piece recurve and love it. It shoots better than I do, as do most other bows. It compares favorably to other static recurves that I own, like the RER, Stalker and Sovereign Ballistic. Workmanship and fit are exceptional.

Offline V I Archer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2017, 12:34:00 PM »
I shot one a few years ago Abe was passing around.  It was fun and shot well, but I'm just not a recurve guy.  It did however solidify my decision to buy a Caribow, I just went with the two piece featherhorn.

What can I say about Abe's bows?  well, my first one will not be my last!  I hoe to add a two piece wolverine someday.  The two piece system is rock solid and flawless.  The handle shape is second to none, natural pointing and repeatable.  No regrets or second guessing buying a Caribow!
But be sure you live out the message and do not merely listen to it and so deceive yourself - James 1:22

Offline Bill Turner

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2017, 01:12:00 PM »
Have never even seen one of Abe's bows in Texas or Oklahoma where I spend most of my time.. Would love to have an opportunity to shoot one. Will keep looking until the opportunity presents itself. Until then I guess a Caribow will be at the top of my wish list.    :banghead:

Offline md126

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2017, 07:36:00 AM »
Thanks, anyone else?

Offline bowcrazybrad

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2017, 08:23:00 AM »
I have two of the two piece ex two piece bows. Great bows with a great grip. For some reason I seem to shoot my slynx and silver fox better. I also like a little more weight in the riser but that could be fixed with a strap on quiver. Mine are both 60 inch bows and marked 47 at 28 and 51 at 28. These bows are quick with a lot of preload in the limbs.I may consider selling if you are interested.

Offline Jack Hoyt 75

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2017, 06:38:00 PM »
I shot my Cari-bow Tuktu 1 pc. at Compton one day this year.  A few archers commented it seemed FAST!  They were suprised when I said it was 47#'s

Less mass than a Stalker, Abe's quality is top notch, I personally like the grip on my RER a little better but that is just me.
Hill Country Bows - RER

TGMM, Compton Traditional Bowhunters, NWTF Member
Indiana NWTF State Board Member
Indiana Bowhunter Association Member

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©