3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: State of bow sales  (Read 813 times)

Offline KentuckyTJ

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
State of bow sales
« on: June 20, 2017, 10:27:00 PM »
So you guys that buy and sell often, what is the state of bow sales?
www.zipperbows.com
The fulfillment of your hunt is determined by the amount of effort you put into it  >>>---->

Offline nineworlds9

• Trad Bowhunter
  • Northman
Re: State of bow sales
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2017, 10:40:00 PM »
It goes in cycles.  I'd like to say it was super busy a handful of years back and that it seems slow lately BUT honestly it all depends on what you're selling.  The top shelf/ well known stuff still sells pretty quick if the specs are good, and there are oddballs that either sit for a while or get snapped up like hotcakes.  It's fun to observe.  You just never know.  I've sold bows that I thought would take weeks in a matter of hours, and had stuff that should be gone immediately take weeks if not months.  There are certain times of year when it picks up and when it slows down anyway.  I'd say for the last 3 years it's just been steady. The online website sales took a small dip when FB and Instagram sales started to gain momentum, but way too easy to get burned there.  TG and Stickbow are my mainstays for a fix, LOL.

Oh and I'd better get it in, "TG has never been and will never be centered around bow sales".
52" Texas Recurve
58" Two Tracks Ogemaw
60" Toelke Chinook
62" Tall Tines Stickflinger
64" Big Jim Mountain Monarch
64" Poison Dart LB
66" Wes Wallace Royal

Horse Creek TAC, GA
TBOF

Offline KodaChuck

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2017, 10:50:00 PM »
I think prices are down for average bows like Red Wing Hunters and Grizzlys...great bows selling off their highs. In the archery industry overall, it is "really, really slow" overall and that is based on knowledge from folks who supply archery dealers. Of course, this is one man's opinion!
Palmer Recurve 64" 46# @ 30"

Offline monterey

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2017, 10:56:00 PM »
Maybe the improved economy has more money going into New bows?

Just a WAG.
Monterey

"I didn't say all that stuff". - Confucius........and Yogi Berra

Offline Paul/KS

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2017, 10:59:00 PM »
The used bows in the over 50#+ draw range seem to be not selling based on what I saw and heard at a recent shoot.

Offline Holybeardman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2017, 11:34:00 PM »
I think I am about to purchase my first custom. Looking at Wagstaff bows..

Problem is, being out of Canada, I'm getting screwed by our terrible dollar value.
Toelke Whip 60" 51# @ 28"

Offline JusAGuy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2017, 11:38:00 PM »
Originally posted by Paul/KS:
The used bows in the over 50#+ draw range seem to be not selling based on what I saw and heard at a recent shoot.
^ That reminds me of a quote i heard a few summers ago.... "....a phased plasma rifle in the 40 watt range....- hey, just what ya see pal!"  :D
Southwest Archery "Spyder" recurve (lefty)
+35lb limbs
+"Nifty Fifty" 50lb limbs
Hunters Choice Bowstrings - props to Daniel!

Offline BWallace10327

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2017, 07:09:00 AM »
Bow sales are always slow while your waiting to sell one and seem to be great when selling a used bow seems like a viable option for financing a new one.
***$ Brent Wallace $***
NRA Life Time Member

Offline Jon Stewart

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2017, 07:25:00 AM »
I still stumble on to them. I bought a real nice Swift Wing target bow the other day and walked away from a 70's Black Widow take down.

The problem is you have everyone and their "grandmother" buying up archery items and putting them on -bay.

Offline Paul/KS

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2017, 10:07:00 AM »
Originally posted by JusAGuy:

Originally posted by Paul/KS:
^ That reminds me of a quote i heard a few summers ago.... "....a phased plasma rifle in the 40 watt range....- hey, just what ya see pal!"   :D  [/b]
A classic line from a great movie...    :thumbsup:
   :)

Offline longbow fanatic 1

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2017, 11:49:00 AM »
If the sales are slow, it may be partially due to the sellers failing to post pictures. For me, if I'm interested in a particular bow and there are no pictures posted I just move on. I don't want to have to ask for texts of emails of the pics. It seems like in recent years, fewer and fewer member post pics.

Offline ron w

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2017, 12:21:00 PM »
If a bow is priced fairly it will sell. As far a pics I have bought bows without even seeing it. I will take the sellers word. If a bow is priced with in 100-150 of a new one.......it will be there for a long time unless the specs are perfect for the buyer.
In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities. In the expert's there are few...So the most difficult thing is always to keep your beginner's mind...This is also the real secret of the arts: always be a beginner.  Shunryu Suzuki

Offline Cherry Tree

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: June 21, 2017, 01:23:00 PM »
Not to change subject but I always wondered what new bow sales are like and how many bows the average bowyer produces. 25 plus bows or a 100!?..
Who knows.   :knothead:

« Reply #13 on: June 21, 2017, 02:03:00 PM »
The traditional archery sales can be buffered from other economic pressures.  Chatting with Paul Craig Roberts, he pointed out that anything that does not directly compete with Amazon should be a stable investment.  Amazon is even affecting the housing prices.  The big dude, Bezos, that controls Amazon, now Whole Foods, and many other things, would take away your right to have a even pocket knife if he could pull it off. He is not the traditional hunters friend.  American traditional archery businesses are a true form of globalist resistant and nationalistic free enterprise.

Offline Jack Hoyt 75

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: June 21, 2017, 06:35:00 PM »
I have bought some but mostly sold lately.  It seems all based on price.  If you are asking top dollar it will sit around but a good quality bow in normal weight range from a well known bowyer has sold fast for me if priced far.

I got a steal on a Kwyk Styk a couple months ago!
Hill Country Bows - RER

TGMM, Compton Traditional Bowhunters, NWTF Member
Indiana NWTF State Board Member
Indiana Bowhunter Association Member

Offline Orion

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
  • Contributing Member
« Reply #15 on: June 21, 2017, 08:34:00 PM »
I'm always on the lookout for a few bows.  Overall, I'd say used sales have slowed over the past 6-9 months.  Folks are keeping what they have.

Unemployment may be down, but wages haven't kept up with prices, and a lot of folks are having trouble making ends meet.

Offline bowcrazybrad

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: June 21, 2017, 09:12:00 PM »
I think it is still a buyers market. I guess I may be in the minority in this category but it works for me. Buy used bows that are like new for half or less and if they don't happen to fit you sell them at a break even price point and move on to another. I should of been a used car salesman instead of a plumber. LOL

« Reply #17 on: June 22, 2017, 09:35:00 AM »
Originally posted by longbow fanatic 1:
If the sales are slow, it may be partially due to the sellers failing to post pictures. For me, if I'm interested in a particular bow and there are no pictures posted I just move on. I don't want to have to ask for texts of emails of the pics. It seems like in recent years, fewer and fewer member post pics.
Truth!   :readit:

Online Ulysseys

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: June 22, 2017, 09:56:00 AM »
Slow...I used to look and be tempted all the time but now it seems like the same handful of bows are up and it seems like finding something out of the 40# range is getting tougher
Type inspirational or witty quote here

Offline riverrat 2

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: June 22, 2017, 03:13:00 PM »
As stated before pics help. But if there is one that pops up that sounds like a great bow a great price...I am ok texting/emailing to see it. It is tough now I think. I have sold a couple and they had to go cheap to get sold. And these were high end bows. I think the classifieds are moving slower than usual. I check in and see the same stuff,in the same spot as it was the day prior. It might have something to do with the way pics are formatted on here. I do not know. I just use my phone to post ads with and cant have multiple browser windows open to do the pic uploads. It is for sure slower now than a few years back. bows were being sold in minutes. I don't know though,just opinion.   rat'
Make certain your exhausted when you reach them Pearly Gates.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©