3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: TT Stickflinger  (Read 1480 times)

Offline Steve Jr

• Trad Bowhunter
TT Stickflinger
« on: June 25, 2017, 12:50:00 AM »
I'm thinking about getting one of these.  I would like to hear from those of you who have them what you think about them. Any likes or dislikes. Does Brian let you test drive them? I have a bad habit of ordering new bows without trying them only to find out I don't care for them. I would like to make a purchase that I don't regret! So any help you guys can give me is much appreciated. Some pics would be nice also.
Thanks for the help.

Steve Jr
Steve Jr

Stalker Coyote FXT LB 58" & 48#@26"
Compton Traditional Bowhunters Life Member

Online pdk25

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: TT Stickflinger
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2017, 12:50:00 PM »
It is such a matter of personal preference, that I probably shouldn't comment, but that has rarely stopped me, lol.

I have owned or shot most of the top end r/d longbows available.  The TT Stickflinger is by far my favorite.  It is possible that you get a few more fps with the absolutely fastest performing bows out there, but that would be about it.  It is exceptionally smooth and quiet.  Like with all bows, for the most part, it is the grip that makes a huge difference.  I love the grip, and find it to make for very repeatable hand placement.  If you were a lefty and lived around here, I would invite you to try one of mine.  I know several people that have said that they are the best bow that they have ever shot after trying one, but I won't put their names down here.  My greatest endorsement is that if a tornado came, and I could grab only one bow on my way to the storm shelter, it would be my Stickflinger, although I would certainly mourn my Silvertips.

Offline The Night Stalker

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2017, 01:37:00 PM »
I own one, the only long bow I have left. It shoots great and it  is a very forgiving bow. One of my hunting partners has tried to buy several times and has come and borrowered it but I am going to hang on to it.   He ordered a Stickflinger back in March and is waiting for the call from Brian. I thought about getting some heavier limbs for mine.
Speed does not Kill, Silence Kills
Professional Bowhunters Society

Offline Steve Jr

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2017, 02:37:00 PM »
Thanks guys I am going to give Brian a call one day this week. I will ask him about the try before I buy it program.

Steve Jr
Steve Jr

Offline Mike Vines

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2017, 04:51:00 PM »
Just buy it.  You won't regret the decision.  

I have both types of Brian's longbows (Stickflinger and Tundra) and my go to bow is the Stickflinger, only because the limbs are a heavier draw weight.  

Once you get a set of arrows tuned, you to will own your "go-to" bow.
Professional Bowhunters Society Regular Member

U.S. ARMY Military Police

Michigan Longbow Association Life Member/Past President

Offline deerhunter_w

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2017, 05:38:00 PM »
Im struggling on what length im going to get. 62 or 64. Like Tim stated I placed my order at the end of march. Looking forward to it.

Jeff
58" Tall Tines 49@28
58" Centaur Triple Carbon Elite 50@27
64" stickflinger 50@28
Professional Bowhunters Society

Offline Steve Jr

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2017, 06:17:00 PM »
I am wanting a 60" and would REALLY like to shoot one first. I picked up a one pc Silvertip a few months ago because something inside me said I just had to have it. After I bought it I remembered that I don't like stringing Recurves at all. At the time I was considering a Stickflinger so here we go again.    :biglaugh:  

Steve Jr
Steve Jr

Offline bucknut

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2017, 08:55:00 PM »
One big note is you rarely ever see them come up on the classifieds. That tells me a lot. I'm on the fence on buying one also. Not that I'm worried I wouldn't like it. My TT recurve couldn't fit my hand better if it were CNC machined for me. I just want to buy another 2 piece longbow right now or I would be on the list. How far are you from Brian's shop? Drive up and try several. Or just buy one. Just don't get your name on it so I can buy it off of you if you don't like it.       :laughing:
Whom virtue unites death cannot separate.

Offline Steve Jr

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2017, 09:53:00 PM »
Pretty funny John, I actually drove to Iowa to buy the Silvertip. Just a 3 hour drive. I might need to look into that option. Good suggestion!

Steve Jr
Steve Jr

Online pdk25

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2017, 11:04:00 PM »

Online Gdpolk

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
    • Polk Knives
« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2017, 11:22:00 PM »
I've looked for the ideal take down bow for almost a decade. I've owned a few, borrowed a few, rented a few, shot tons in various shops all across the South, traded several, and shot several at meets and what not.  In all that time I only found two other bows that felt as nice as my Sarells Sierra during the shot, they were both one piece bows and I didn't keep them as I already owned a one piece and really wanted a take down for traveling more. Recently I traded Chris here on the forum a pair of hunting knives for him and his son for Chris's TallTines Stickfinger. I expected it to be nice and eventually be sold or traded off like the last several dozen bows. After shooting it, my mind had changed. It's earned a spot in my keeper pile as my go to hunting bow. I know bows can be a personal thing but that's my experience with this model. Oddly enough the TallTines is a few pounds heavier, shoots 4fps slower than my Sierra, and the arrows for my Sierra tune absolutely perfectly out of both bows! Lucky me.
1pc and 2pc Sarrels Sierra Mountain Longbows - both 53.5lbs @ 29"

https://www.gpolkknives.com/

Offline Steve Jr

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2017, 07:45:00 AM »
Thanks for the links Pat,those are some beautiful looking Bows! I've noticed looking back that I have commented on most of the Stickflinger post's. I suppose it's about time I just get one. I appreciate the comments guys.

Thanks,
Steve Jr
Steve Jr

Offline JohnV

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2017, 09:17:00 AM »
You live about 4-5 hour drive from Brian.  Why not take a road trip and you can test shoot the bows he has sitting around as well as look over different wood combinations?
Proud Regular Member of the Professional Bowhunters Society

Offline RON ROMAN

• Trad Bowhunter
  • 406-505-0534
« Reply #13 on: June 26, 2017, 09:48:00 AM »
2X what pdk25 said.  I love my TT "Stickflinger, and so much so I acquired a set of "Tundra" limbs for my riser also.Both are absolute winners! I've shot many of the best known longbows for over 45 years. The TT is the best I've ever owned.  Best of luck to you.
Ron Roman

Offline nineworlds9

• Trad Bowhunter
  • Northman
« Reply #14 on: June 26, 2017, 10:00:00 AM »
I just joined the club myself.  Pat I'm psyched to try it.

52" Texas Recurve
58" Two Tracks Ogemaw
60" Toelke Chinook
62" Tall Tines Stickflinger
64" Big Jim Mountain Monarch
64" Poison Dart LB
66" Wes Wallace Royal

Horse Creek TAC, GA
TBOF

Offline Steve Jr

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: June 26, 2017, 11:54:00 AM »
Very nice!!   :thumbsup:  

Steve Jr
Steve Jr

Online pdk25

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: June 26, 2017, 12:02:00 PM »
I hope you do, Chuck.  I believe that bow was living in Alaska, the last I knew, lol.

Offline nineworlds9

• Trad Bowhunter
  • Northman
« Reply #17 on: June 26, 2017, 01:21:00 PM »
Originally posted by pdk25:
I hope you do, Chuck.  I believe that bow was living in Alaska, the last I knew, lol.
It's heading southeast as I type this    :bigsmyl:
52" Texas Recurve
58" Two Tracks Ogemaw
60" Toelke Chinook
62" Tall Tines Stickflinger
64" Big Jim Mountain Monarch
64" Poison Dart LB
66" Wes Wallace Royal

Horse Creek TAC, GA
TBOF

Offline Steve Jr

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: June 26, 2017, 08:26:00 PM »
Lucky !!

Steve Jr
Steve Jr

Offline Biathlonman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: June 26, 2017, 09:31:00 PM »
I've tried a stickflinger and a Tundra.  Didn't love either.  Seemed like well made bows, just didn't turn me on.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©