3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Big weekend for me  (Read 318 times)

Offline Turkhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
Big weekend for me
« on: June 25, 2017, 11:18:00 PM »
Friday evening marked a big milestone for me. I have not been able to shoot a bow for 2 years now  because of a shoulder injury caused by repetitive motion at my job. on the 8th of May I had surgery to repair the a/c joint on my left shoulder which had been bone on bone contact for about 3yrs. In Feb. of 2016 I was going to have it repaired but I had a setback. I started having chest pain and after several weeks of seeing ER and family Drs I was finally referred to a cardiologist and was found to have some major blockages in my heart arteries. This sounds like run of the mill stuff for older guys, but this was happening to me at age 40. I had to have 4 stints put in my heart and because of the blood thinners I had to take, my shoulder surgery was put off for another year. The point of this story is that I havent been able to draw a bow since 2015, untill last Friday. I am finally able to draw and shoot again and it feels amazing! Dont ever take your health or our wonderful sport of traditional archery for granted  because you never know when you may shoot your last arrow. So enjoy every minute that God gives you and be thankful for them.
J.K. Traditions Kanati 56" 52#@27"

Online 4dogs

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Big weekend for me
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2017, 11:44:00 PM »
Amen!  Congratulations on your recovery...glad you ended up with a correct diagnosis. Have Fun
>>>---TGMM, Family of the Bow--->

Online Tom

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2017, 06:04:00 AM »
Great that things worked out well for you and better that you didn't give up on you enjoyment of trad archery.
The essence of the hunt for me is to enter nature and observe+ return safely occasionally with the gift of a life taken.

Offline katman

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2017, 07:04:00 AM »
:thumbsup:     :clapper:
shoot straight shoot often

Online Roy from Pa

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2017, 08:17:00 AM »
That's great, happy for you. I had shoulder surgery and went a year not shooting.

Offline Matty

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2017, 08:23:00 AM »
Wow! I'm glad everything is working out for you now!
Let's stay that way!!

Online David Mitchell

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2017, 08:44:00 AM »
God bless you.  I'm so glad you have gotten the needed help and are on the way back to shooting.
The years accumulate on old friendships like tree rings, during which time a kind of unspoken care and loyalty accrue between men.

Offline hitman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2017, 09:37:00 AM »
Sorry to hear of all your troubles but we are all pulling for you to get back to shooting. Yes we all take our health for granted from time to time, we need to take better care at a younger age. Good luck on your recovery.
Black Widow PSAX RH 58" 47#@28
Samick Sage 62" 40#@28"
PSA Kingfisher RH 45#@28
Treadway longbow RH 60" 46#at 28"
W.Va. Bowhunters Association life member
Pope and Young associate member
Mississippi Traditional Bowhunters life member

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©