3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: UPDATED- How many active duty military trad bowhunters are on TG? A hunt awaits...  (Read 1280 times)

Offline Bud B.

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
I know we have several TG members who are active duty military, but if you are a member of TG and currently are on active duty status would you mind sharing that with us?

Not looking for vets, but the guys and gals who have the word ACTIVE on their current MIL ID cards.

Thanks.

Literally. Thank you!

To serve and find time to trad bowhunt is often times very difficult.
TGMM Family of the Bow >>>>---------->

"You can learn more about deer hunting with a bow and arrow in a week, than a gun hunter might learn all his life." ----- Fred Bear

Offline Richo

• Trad Bowhunter
I am, but I'm in the Aussie Defence Force :-D
55# Hoyt Buffalo
47# Razor Custom Bow

Australian Army 2005-2010
Royal Australian Air Force 2011-

Offline Wolf1007

• Trad Bowhunter
Here...Active Duty Marine Major, thanks!
Dale Dye Trails End 60" 55#@28"
Dale Dye Medicine Point 58” 53#@28"
Schafer Silvertip 60" 55#@28"
Stalker Wolverine FXT 60" 51#@28"

Offline Homey88

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Thanks for your service!

Offline Bud B.

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Originally posted by Wolf1007:
Thank you, Marine!

"You can learn more about deer hunting with a bow and arrow in a week, than a gun hunter might learn all his life." ----- Fred Bear

Offline sticksnstones

• Trad Bowhunter
Originally posted by Wolf1007:
Thank you for your service sir!
Thom

Offline Roadkill

• Trad Bowhunter
With the ops tempo all the services have these days, it is not surprising few will answer.  These guys and gals get home, and then start -redeployment training, go thru advanced deployment training and then deploy again.  Hard, busy rewarding life.  Yeah, I miss it....
 Semper Fi, Major
Cast a long shadow-you may provide shade to someone who needs it.  Semper Fi

Offline Bud B.

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
I thought of that, roadkill.

Times were simpler in my days in the 80s. Today's active duty folks have it tough finding time for family, much less trad bowhunting.

Offline Wolf1007

• Trad Bowhunter
Thanks for your comments and support guys, there has to be more of us...please lets not turn this into a "me" post! Though I an not surprised...I have been in the Marine Corps 17 years and have never found another guy who shoots a traditional bow, and surprisingly never found another Marine who I would qualify as a "hunting partner". I thought, and people are surprised to hear, that there are not hundreds of guys crawling around trying to kill things with a stik bow!
Dale Dye Trails End 60" 55#@28"
Dale Dye Medicine Point 58” 53#@28"
Schafer Silvertip 60" 55#@28"
Stalker Wolverine FXT 60" 51#@28"

Offline Roadkill

• Trad Bowhunter
Wolf, I would have hunted with you.  I retired 20 years ago from MCMWTC.  There were many bowhunters in Quantico in my days there, not many stickbows.  Semper Fi
Cast a long shadow-you may provide shade to someone who needs it.  Semper Fi

Offline Brock

• Trad Bowhunter
up until I retired in 2004.....i would get a month or two at home and then be gone again.  was hard to shoot much less hunt in between deployments especially with need to spend quality time with wife and kids....  I never ran into another trad guy until I was about to retire and met a Marine from Beaufort Air Station that was in our Land Cruiser club....and got him interested in traditional..first with recurve and then with selfbows...think he is back to recurve now.
Keep em sharp,

Ron Herman
Compton's Traditional Bowhunters
Backcountry Hunters & Anglers
PBS Assoc since 1988
NRA Life
USAF Retired (1984-2004)

Offline Bud B.

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Originally posted by Brock:
up until I retired in 2004.....i would get a month or two at home and then be gone again.  was hard to shoot much less hunt in between deployments especially with need to spend quality time with wife and kids....  I never ran into another trad guy until I was about to retire and met a Marine from Beaufort Air Station that was in our Land Cruiser club....and got him interested in traditional..first with recurve and then with selfbows...think he is back to recurve now.
Keep his name in mind, Brock. If you still have his contact info, maybe touch base with him and keep it handy.

More to follow... Stay tuned...

There's a good thing brewing.

Wolf, this is about any and all   active duty  trad bowhunters. I am testing the waters for the "brew" mentioned above.

Offline MO Bow

• Trad Bowhunter
14 years in the Coast Guard with 9 years of sea time.

Out bobbing in the middle of the ocean as I type this.  Picked up a handful of pesky drug runners and over a ton of pure cocaine so far this patrol.

Good times.

Offline Bud B.

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Originally posted by MO Bow:
14 years in the Coast Guard with 9 years of sea time.

Out bobbing in the middle of the ocean as I type this.  Picked up a handful of pesky drug runners and over a ton of pure cocaine so far this patrol.

Good times.
Blessings brother! The enemies on the sea and the sometimes enemy, the sea itself. That is a tough job for sure!!

Safe patrols to you.

Offline JARHEAD1371

• Trad Bowhunter
I am a medically retired Marine, married to an active duty Marine. We just bought, and moved into, a house in Stafford, VA. I'm getting the feel for the area, I do know how to get around somewhat. I talked with a guy from the Quantico Game Warden shack yesterday and he was very surprised when I told him that I shoot traditional and will easily pass the skills test in order to hunt in the bow only areas on base. (He said 3/4 arrows in a 6" circle at 15 yrds).

Wolf1007 I'm more than willing to meet up at the base range sometime.
Active Duty Marines '96-'04 Medically Retired

Offline Joshua Polland

• Trad Bowhunter
I'm currently on my 13th year in the Army, 10 on Active duty and this is my third year in the Reserves. I wouldn't trade the experience's (good and bad) for anything. The training and life experience led me to my current civilian job (Game Warden) and l met my wife while on leave after my first deployment. People I deployed with are still like family and my current unit is very tight knit.

ALL THE WAY (hopefully one Tradganger will have the proper response!)

Offline Bud B.

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Thanks guys for your service.

Online goingoldskool

• Trad Bowhunter
13 years Army now a federal technician  in the Air Force  (Missouri Air Guard). Put on the uniform everyday and work on airplanes,  just get to go home at night.

Josh, are you looking for "Airborne!"?
"NO GOD, NO PEACE-KNOW GOD, KNOW PEACE" side of a barn along I-70, eastern Kansas
                                             Rodd Boyer
Blk Widow PL-III
53#@28
Blk Widow PSR X
50#@28

Offline Joshua Polland

• Trad Bowhunter
That I was Rodd! How far are you from Leonard Wood? I still go out there every couple of years.

Online goingoldskool

• Trad Bowhunter
5 hours..... I haven't been down there in 20 years or so.... I'm sure it's changed ALOT!
"NO GOD, NO PEACE-KNOW GOD, KNOW PEACE" side of a barn along I-70, eastern Kansas
                                             Rodd Boyer
Blk Widow PL-III
53#@28
Blk Widow PSR X
50#@28

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©