3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Something about a Stickflinger !! Well it came in the mail today pics on page 4!  (Read 1707 times)

Offline Steve Jr

• Trad Bowhunter
There must be something about a Stickflinger! A few months ago I was on the fence between a really nice Recurve (not a TT) or a Stickflinger. So I opted for the Recurve. Well the bow I got is a amazing bow but after I bought it I remembered the reason that I don't shoot Recurves much! I don't like to string them period!! So I decided to post it to see if anyone wanted to do a swap for a Stickflinger. Apparently no one wants to give them up. So what is it? I'm not sure but when I do finally get one I suppose then I will know. Anyone that has one feel free to fill me in.

Steve Jr
Steve Jr

Stalker Coyote FXT LB 58" & 48#@26"
Compton Traditional Bowhunters Life Member

Offline pdk25

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
You know my feelings about them.  No one bow is for everyone, and eventually you will find someone that is willing to give their Stickflinger up, especially with such a nice bow for trade.  It just wouldn't be me, lol.

Offline Gdpolk

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
    • Polk Knives
I looked for the ideal takedown longbow for about a decade. I just recently came upon a Stickfinger in trade for a couple of my knives. It will not be sold.
1pc and 2pc Sarrels Sierra Mountain Longbows - both 53.5lbs @ 29"

https://www.gpolkknives.com/

Offline nineworlds9

• Trad Bowhunter
  • Northman
I have been moving a few bows lately due to some home improvement expenses etc but I always seem to bounce back by working extra, anyway I got lucky and a Stickflinger just happened to 'fall in my lap' at the right time.  Boy oh boy, all I can say is I was SURPRISED by this bow.  Flat out impressed to the point that I buy into Pat's analogy:  if my house were on fire and I could only grab one bow, it would be the Stickflinger.  I have had multiple Centaurs, Slammers, Toelkes, Caribows, etc etc etc the list goes on, but this 3pc Stickflinger...man I can't believe it took me this long to try one.  I had a chance at one of the recurves last year but I passed it up cause silly me dismissed it as "prolly just like a Schafer".  That was a strategic error I realize now.  Brian is a wizard to make this bow shoot as good as it does.  It's counterintuitive...the riser is not deflexed/forward handled...the standard grip is quite narrow across, but quite deep and contoured.  When I first held onto it, it felt a little 'different' to me, kinda not typical of what I like...I was like "hmm I don't know about this"...BUT...then I shot the dang thing.  Shot it again.  And again.  And my grin kept getting wider and wider!  I am now certain that the way he makes the grip prevents torquing the bow.   1. the bow is ridiculously smooth versus the length.  Mine is 62" but to me eyes closed it feels 4" longer.  2. my bow has a relatively lightweight Chechen riser, but the bow is dead in the hand, I mean dead.  3. and this was the standout to me: QUIET. I grabbed my Hill bow to compare and I can't tell a dang difference, that's crazy, because the Tines is a lot faster and flatter shooting.  I said out loud "this bow is too fast to be this quiet!"  The craftsmanship is as lovely as you could want which is a bonus.  That and the thing tuned so easily I didn't really need to do much of anything..I guessed on arrow spine and my guess paid off.  No doubt the slightly past center riser cut contributes to the forgiving nature.  Anyway, I've done enough testing to know bows are a highly personal thing, but for me the new Tines is magic and is my #1.

Chechen riser with Wenge and Micarta, and some really pretty Curly Myrtle veneers.

52" Texas Recurve
58" Two Tracks Ogemaw
60" Toelke Chinook
62" Tall Tines Stickflinger
64" Big Jim Mountain Monarch
64" Poison Dart LB
66" Wes Wallace Royal

Horse Creek TAC, GA
TBOF

Offline nineworlds9

• Trad Bowhunter
  • Northman
Couple more.  Brian is top of the heap:

52" Texas Recurve
58" Two Tracks Ogemaw
60" Toelke Chinook
62" Tall Tines Stickflinger
64" Big Jim Mountain Monarch
64" Poison Dart LB
66" Wes Wallace Royal

Horse Creek TAC, GA
TBOF

Online lefty4

• Trad Bowhunter
I love those bows with the shelf on the right side!

Nice one Chuck!
I had a really good group going... until I shot the second arrow.

My best bows are the ones someone else didn't want.

"Be careful of something that's just what you want it to be."  Waylon Jennings

Offline Steve O

• Trad Bowhunter
And all without any whiz bang carbon nano tubes thingys or other top secret stuff...

I'm surprised you would be surprised. I've never known Pat or I to embellish.

Offline Steve Jr

• Trad Bowhunter
The lines on them are just Awesome looking. I'm chompin at the bit for one!! I have shot one of Brian's Recurves and they are FAST and smooth drawing. I'm really looking forward to getting one. Thanks for the great review that just makes the antisipation and the waiting harder    :bigsmyl:  

Steve Jr
Steve Jr

Online 1/4 away

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Steve, Did you place an order for one? What's the wait time? Fred
Do not follow where the path may lead.  Go, instead, where there is no path and leave a trail.

Offline Steve Jr

• Trad Bowhunter
Hey Fred, I didn't place a order yet. I'm still hoping to get a trade. I am going to give Brian a call tomorrow just to get a idea of a price with the options I'm looking for. I will ask about the wait time and post it here.

Steve Jr
Steve Jr

Online 1/4 away

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Thanks. I sent him an email but haven't heard back yet.
Do not follow where the path may lead.  Go, instead, where there is no path and leave a trail.

Offline Steve Jr

• Trad Bowhunter
When he responds back let me know what he says.

Thanks,

Steve Jr
Steve Jr

Offline Sawpilot 75

• Trad Bowhunter
I just had a nice one made. 62" 55#@ 28" wenge riser with Chechen flare. Mango veneers. 4 month wait. Posting pics is a headache. If anyone wants to post mine shoot me a pm. Incredible bow.

Offline Steve Jr

• Trad Bowhunter
I would like to see it. I have tried to post pics on here before but apparently I ain't smart enough to figure it out yet! The only computer I use is my phone and that might be the problem.    :dunno:   anyhow it sounds like a beauty.

Steve Jr
Steve Jr

Online 1/4 away

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Saw pilot, email me your pics and I'll post them for you. Fred

Offline pdk25

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Aaron's bow

Online 1/4 away

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Sweeeet !!!!

Offline Keefer

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Fred when you say "Sweet" it get's you in trouble brother   :nono:

Offline Steve Jr

• Trad Bowhunter
WOWSERS!!! That's a beautiful bow    :thumbsup:    :thumbsup:  

Steve Jr
Steve Jr

Offline KyStickbow

• Trad Bowhunter
Wow...that one is sexy! Wenge and Mango are one of my favorite combos.
Aim small...Miss small!!

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©