3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Morrison Cheyenne shooters  (Read 571 times)

Offline snag

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Morrison Cheyenne shooters
« on: November 03, 2007, 06:46:00 PM »
If anyone has a Cheyenne in the macassar ebony would you please post a picture or two for me to drool over?
Isaiah 49:2...he made me a polished arrow and concealed me in his quiver.

Offline A.S.

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Morrison Cheyenne shooters
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2007, 07:38:00 PM »
Do a search for "please show me your morrison bows".  There's several good pics of Morrison's bows. One in particular is of a macassar ebony with kingwood flare, by Arrow Slinga. I liked it so much, I just ordered one just like it!

Maybe we'll be some more of those awesome Morrison bow pics here!

Online Guss

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2007, 07:51:00 PM »
David, check out Bob's stock risers. I just bought #7233 Bocote and Macassar. Bob is a great guy to deal with and the Cheyenne's are shooters! Fast, quiet and smooth, and easy on the eyes!

Offline Nakohe

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2007, 07:53:00 PM »
Bob has one for sale in stock on his site. It is a beauty.
"Then Peter said unto them. Repent all of you and be baptized in the Name of Jesus for remission of sins and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.
Acts 2:38

TGMM Family Of The Bow
Life Member T. B. O. T.
SGT. U.S.A.F. '72-'76
Life Member NRA

Offline A.S.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2007, 07:54:00 PM »
Yep, he's got some nice risers in stock. Problem is, that I'm left handed. Never as much for me to choose from.

Bob's wait time is 4-6 months, not nearly as bad as some of the others out there.

Offline snag

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2007, 08:08:00 PM »
A.S., that was my post! I was just hoping there would be some new ones to see. I'm not sure what kind of grip/riser I would like. Will Bob send you a bow to shoot? I thought I had read that before....? If I like a recurve grip is the medium grip in the A?/B? riser the one for me?

Offline snag

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2007, 08:09:00 PM »
Donald, isn't your brother tired of his yet? Man, he must have had it for a whole couple of weeks now!    lol

Offline A.S.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2007, 08:54:00 PM »
Sorry about that, I saw that it was your post after I did it. I just called Bob up and discussed it with him. For my draw length (27"), he suggested the A riser, and I chose C limbs for a 58" bow. He said I could go down to a 56" bow with no problem-I was kind of afraid to go that short.

I also went with a medium grip since it is closest to what I'm used to (Widows).

I don't know for sure if he has bows to try out or not. I did shoot someone's Shawnee this summer that was Bob's personal bow that he had sent out to this guy to try out. The guy like it so much he bought it from Bob.

Good luck chosing your's

Offline Pinecone

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2007, 09:33:00 PM »
A.S.,

I have a 27" draw as well and shoot the A riser in the Cheyenne.  I have both D limbs and and B limbs on my risers, making 60" and 56" bows.  I can tell you that the 56" bow shoots exceptionally well...and stacks arrows at 30 yds.

Snag,
Don't drool...buy!!!  Two of my risers are macassar ebony and they are mighty pretty hunks of wood.  I don't have any current pics, but if you can't find any example photos let me know and I'll drag my risers out for a photo op.  I have dial-up at home, so I wouldn't be able to post until I get to the office next week.

Claudia
Pinecone

Offline Danny Rowan

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2007, 10:51:00 PM »
Snag, nope not tired of that beauty and never will be. First 56" bow I have shot and it is so smooth and has no problem with my 29" draw. I have even,dare I say, gone high tech with the arrows for it. shooting original carbonwood 400s that weigh 680gr total and they fly like darts, shot a couple of 30 yard groups today that were to die for. I love this bow. Buy one you will not regret it. My Blacktail,Brack Quest and Marriah Thermal are very jelous right now cause I am shoot this bow excluslively cause it is going to Texas with me in a couple of weeks.

Danny
"When shooting instinctivly,it matters not which eye is dominant"

Jay Kidwell and Glenn St. Charles

TGMM Family Of The Bow
NRA Life/Patron member
NAHC life member
Retired CPO US Navy 1972-1993
Retired USCBP Supervisory Officer 1999-2017

Offline paradocs

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2007, 08:46:00 AM »
A.S., didn't you just get a new Widow?  I recall you leaving camp with some lame excuse...we all knew you were sittin' in a stand waitin' for the UPS truck  :saywhat: .  Now a Morrison addiction, too...pretty much untreatable. Not that I've got room to talk...just ordered a Sheepeater.  Dang, I thought I was done buyin' bows  :help:

Offline MRD

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: November 04, 2007, 10:01:00 AM »
here's the one I just bought from his stock bows

Macassar with macassar flare, limbs stained dark.  It's a low recurve grip, but it feels a little big in the throat.  I may have him refine it a tad for me.  a riser and c limbs, super smooth, 45# @28".  Very quick.  I'm in love!  Again!  lol

Offline A.S.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: November 04, 2007, 10:02:00 AM »
Darryl, yeah just got the new Widow. It's not going to stay around very long. I decided there were too many other nice bows out there just to keep buying one brand.

Good luck with your new one! Hoepfully mine will be here in time for the first or second Dixie shoot next year.

Offline A.S.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: November 04, 2007, 10:04:00 AM »
Claudia, thanks for the input. Maybe I'll go for the 56"er---I'll have to ponder on it some. I've shot 60" Widows for so long, it just seems like a huge difference.

Offline magills

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: November 04, 2007, 10:10:00 AM »
I've got one of the Cheyenne TD's that is less than 2 months old with the Macassar riser and flare, 60" and 62@29. These seem to shoot even better than the original TD's Bob made. If anyone is interested in buying one of these at a deep discount let me know.

Offline Pinecone

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: November 04, 2007, 10:57:00 AM »
A.S....I've got Widows too and I can promise you that my 56" Morrison shoots as well as my 60" Widows.  I love both Morrisons and Widows and truly believe that a shooter is equally well-served with either one.  That said, the performance and stability of my 56" Morrison is a sight to behold!

Claudia
Pinecone

Offline Chris Surtees

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: November 04, 2007, 11:10:00 AM »
This is my Cheyenne 46@26 A riser, with A (copperhead) and C (water snake) "pictured" limbs. It is not Macassar Ebony but Texas Ebony. I was going to go with the Macassar Ebony until I saw the Texas Ebony. Thought I would show it too you to help add to the confusion of what to get from Bob.

Offline snag

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: November 04, 2007, 11:17:00 AM »
Love that Macassar ebony! Thanks for the pictures it helps me in deciding...and it helps fuel the fire for wanting to shoot one!

Offline snag

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: November 04, 2007, 11:24:00 AM »
Danny, is the limbs on yours the Macassar Ebony too?  
I'm sorry Claudia, I'll stop drooling now...you're right. But I need to decide what I want first. Getting close.

Offline snag

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: November 04, 2007, 11:27:00 AM »
For those of you who have shot a Blacktail TD, how does the grip compare to the Morrison A riser medium grip? I love the grip on my Blacktails.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©