3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Morrison Cheyenne shooters  (Read 572 times)

Offline snag

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Morrison Cheyenne shooters
« Reply #20 on: November 04, 2007, 11:33:00 AM »
Magill, please send some pictures to [email protected]   thanks, David    For some reason I am not able to send PMs right now...?
Isaiah 49:2...he made me a polished arrow and concealed me in his quiver.

Offline magills

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: November 04, 2007, 11:39:00 AM »
David,
I'm sending pics soon and yes I did get your PM. The grip on the Morrison is fantastic. I think it is every bit as nice as a Blacktail. The Morrison grip is more contoured on the front of the grip area and the Blacktail seems a little square/flat.

Offline snag

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: November 04, 2007, 11:45:00 AM »
Man, Danny! I just took a look at your pictures again. Sure glad you aren't shooting against me in tournament. That is a fine shooting.

Offline snag

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: November 04, 2007, 11:48:00 AM »
What is difference in the A,B,C,D risers? Is it length of riser? All of these can be made in low or medium grips..right? I am assuming if I shoot a recurve I would want the medium grip. But what riser? Sorry for all the questions. It's Sunday and I can't call Bob.

Offline A.S.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: November 04, 2007, 11:59:00 AM »
I've got the same fever! Now I'm really thinking about getting mine with the 56" limbs. Ooh the pain!

Offline Lost

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: November 04, 2007, 12:02:00 PM »
The A,B,C,D is riser length with A and B being the most popular in my expierence. Go to Bob's site under "other info" and you can view the riser chart.
jack-er back and let-er fly

Offline snag

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: November 04, 2007, 12:08:00 PM »
I guess what is confusing me is when I have ordered a bow in the past I have just told the bowyer I want it 62" long and say 55#@28". With Bob's chart that seems to have changed. Now you have the choice of getting B limbs that will make a 56" bow, max. draw 28" or C limbs that will make a 58" bow with a max. draw of 29". So, if I have a 28" draw and I buy a bow with C limbs is that 55# bow really going to be drawing 52#?  Plus I have always heard to get a bow with at least 60" for the best feel and performance...? Now I am looking at 56",58"...?

Offline Arrow Slinga

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: November 04, 2007, 12:09:00 PM »
This is my macassar ebony w/kingswood. I have always shot a medium grip bow also and have never liked a low grip until I tried Bob's personal bow at a show, I have never liked any grip better. It is a low grip bow with finger grooves added to it and is is just plain awesome!!

Offline Arrow Slinga

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: November 04, 2007, 12:33:00 PM »
I have always shot 60" also tried this 58" could not be happier. Call and talk to Bob before ordering and he will guide you in the right direction to what limbs and riser combination to get to fit your shooting style. I tried to send you a PM and could not get it to go through, send me an e-mail if you would like some more or larger pics.
Todd

Offline magills

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: November 04, 2007, 12:41:00 PM »
One thing you gotta remember is finger pinch is a personal thing. What doesn't bother one guy shooting a 56" or 58" bow might be intollerable for another shooting the same bow. The shorter the bow the greater the string angle becomes at the nocking point.  So if you are comfortable shooting a 60" bow and have no use for a 56" then it wouldn't make sense to go shorter. Also generally speaking the shorter bows are a little less forgiving to shooter flaws/mistakes.

Offline MRD

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #30 on: November 04, 2007, 12:45:00 PM »
Todd

That may be the grip I am looking for.  Do I just ask for his personal grip?  Are the finger grooves part of that?  Also, do you have the full pinecones?

Offline Lost

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #31 on: November 04, 2007, 12:47:00 PM »
I think Bob's wts are taken off an a riser unless otherwise stated. So the different limbs lengths should pull the wt stated unless you go with a B riser then they'd drop a few lbs.
I've had from 56" to 62" Morrisons and I'd have to say my favorite was the 60" b riser/c limb, followed closely by the 58" b riser/b limb bow.
I draw 29.5" and even the 56" bow pulled well.
jack-er back and let-er fly

Offline Arrow Slinga

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #32 on: November 04, 2007, 01:01:00 PM »
I think that is what you would ask for but I would double check with him on that, I had shot one of his personal bows a few years back at a show in Michigan with the same wood combo and I orderded one just like it. I would also mention that you wanted the finger grooves also. I do  have the full pincones.
Todd

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©