3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Warning - Hoyt Satori bow  (Read 2613 times)

Online spotteddog

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Warning - Hoyt Satori bow
« Reply #20 on: August 10, 2017, 09:31:00 AM »
Really interested in these bows. I have a 30" draw and wondering what would be better a 17" riser with long limbs or a 19" riser with medium or long limbs. Thanks

Online McDave

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: August 10, 2017, 10:49:00 AM »
The information on Hoyt's website and the owner's manual does not indicate what draw length is recommended for what configurations.  If you're interested, you can download the owner's manual from Hoyt's website.  Hoyt does not seem particularly responsive to direct questions from customers, but refers questions to authorized retailers, such as 3 Rivers or Lancaster.  Both have technical staff that have been able to answer questions for me in the past, although who knows if they know the answer to this one.  Maybe if pressed they can find out from Hoyt.

In general, for a given length of bow, shorter riser and longer limbs will accommodate a longer draw length than longer riser and shorter limbs for the same length.
TGMM Family of the Bow

Technology....the knack of arranging the world so that we don't have to experience it.

« Reply #22 on: August 20, 2017, 11:08:00 AM »
Originally posted by McDave:
I've never tried to make a string with so many strands.  I assume this is because the 8190 strands are thinner than other types of bow strings?  Any particular problems making a string with 22 strands other than you would have with 14 or 16?
No problems at all and that's right, it's much thinner. 22 strands of 8190 with .021 serving gives me the same diameter string as 14 strands of D97 or B50.

Offline Cwilder

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: August 20, 2017, 12:08:00 PM »
Originally posted by spotteddog:
Really interested in these bows. I have a 30" draw and wondering what would be better a 17" riser with long limbs or a 19" riser with medium or long limbs. Thanks
A 17" with longs or a 19" with longs. With your DL long limbs are what you should be shooting
I love Bow Hunting

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©