3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Dayton, Ohio area shooting help  (Read 432 times)

Offline Joshua Sexton

• Trad Bowhunter
Dayton, Ohio area shooting help
« on: July 19, 2017, 06:47:00 AM »
Greetings Trad Gangers,

I'm putting out a feeler to see if anybody in the Dayton Ohio area would be willing to help me get some arrows tuned and form issues fixed? I don't know what form issues I have, but I'm sure I do have some and I learn best from direct input as opposed to reading theory. I would enjoy getting together and shooting with some of you as well.

I have a Hoyt buffalo with medium excel limbs marked 40# and picked up some 30" 2018 Easton arrows and they are giving me trouble. Maybe shooting in front of you guys would help me get them tuned a bit quicker.

Thanks in advance

Offline Biathlonman

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Dayton, Ohio area shooting help
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2017, 07:48:00 AM »
2018s are pretty stiff for that set up, probably going to need quite a bit of weight up front to make those work.

Offline Joshua Sexton

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2017, 08:06:00 AM »
Yeah, that's what I assumed would be the case but I'm getting a weak bare shaft indications.

Offline Buckeye1977

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2017, 08:59:00 AM »
There is a 3d shoot on Wednesday nights at the Greene county fish and game if you'd like to come. I try to go as much as I can. Me, my son and a few others go and shoot for practice and fun and don't keep score. Think it's $10 to shoot and goes until dark
Nick

PBS Associate member
JD Berry Viper 62” 50@28

Offline the rifleman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2017, 12:47:00 PM »
Im in Marysville, if youd want to make the drive id be glad to help.

Offline curlis

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2017, 01:59:00 PM »
Green county has a nice course. I'm half way between Dayton and Cincinnati. I'm leaving for Nashville in the morning but when I get back we could maybe meet if you are still having trouble.
Pick a spot and concentrate!

Offline Joshua Sexton

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2017, 04:01:00 PM »
I have a ton of fond memories at Greene County F&G. I took my hunters education course there when I was 9. Shot and won some trophies at shoots there in the youth class as a kid. I still have a hip quiver my dad bought me from a friend's older brother on the practice range one evening. Gorged myself on blackberries down the power line in late summer with my dad as well. I just moved back to Ohio after 10 years on being away.  I'd love to come shoot there again. I do need to get back in practice before I shoot the course though.

Rifleman, perhaps I can take you up on the offer one weekend that you have time?

Curlis, I work in Springboro daily during the week. I would be happy to have the help if you're able anytime.

Thank you all for the offers.

Offline Buckeye1977

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2017, 05:01:00 PM »
Just let me know if you want to go sometime and we can set up a time to meet.
Nick

PBS Associate member
JD Berry Viper 62” 50@28

Offline the rifleman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2017, 10:24:00 PM »
Absolutely!  I will look forward to it.  Ill pm you my number.

Offline Joshua Sexton

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2017, 06:27:00 AM »
I have a ton of fond memories at Greene County F&G. I took my hunters education course there when I was 9. Shot and won some trophies at shoots there in the youth class as a kid. I still have a hip quiver my dad bought me from a friend's older brother on the practice range one evening. Gorged myself on blackberries down the power line in late summer with my dad as well. I just moved back to Ohio after 10 years on being away.  I'd love to come shoot there again. I do need to get back in practice before I shoot the course though.

Rifleman, perhaps I can take you up on the offer one weekend that you have time?

Curlis, I work in Springboro daily during the week. I would be happy to have the help if you're able anytime.

Thank you all for the offers.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©