3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Bearpaw mohawk longbow  (Read 372 times)

Offline Hoosierarcher88

• Trad Bowhunter
Bearpaw mohawk longbow
« on: July 31, 2017, 12:30:00 AM »
Ive been wanting to pick up a new longbow and really would like it to be a takedown. The bearpaw mohawk hybrid really caught my eye even though im not a big fan of the riser/limb color combo on the new ones. The warranty and price make it very interesting just have never shot one. Anybody have any first hand expirience with them as far as fit/finish and feel are concerned?
Northern mist Shelton 66" 53# @ 28"

Offline p1choco

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Bearpaw mohawk longbow
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2017, 12:52:00 AM »
I've owned their slick stick. It was a very basic bow. There was nothing to complain about its fit. The finish wasn't top tier but was acceptable. However, it performed great and if their torture test are indicative of their durability, then they are tough bows to say the least. Pricing isn't too bad either for factory bows.
Patriotism is easy to understand in America; it means looking out for yourself by looking out for your country.

- Calvin Coolidge

Offline Hoosierarcher88

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2017, 01:23:00 AM »
Im looking for smooth and quiet that is dependable. This would be a hunting bow so it doesnt have to be pretty, just dont want rough edges or poor fitting limbs

Offline Caddo

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2017, 01:08:00 PM »
Picked one up this year, shot my Quebec bear with it this year. as p1choco said, finish wasn't top of the line, but functional. Is a good shooter, pretty quick, smooth to draw, no hand shock. Well worth the money. I'm not a big fan of the high wrist grip, but it works. I modified mine a little so that it feels better in my hand. Completely personnel. Pretty darn nice bow, well worth it, in my book.

LD
"If your gonna kick a tiger in the butt, you better have a plan for dealing with his teeth!

Online The Whittler

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2017, 08:58:00 PM »
Hoosier, go on YouTube and look up Wolfies videos. He does a review on the Mohawk LB and recurve, plus many other Bearpaw bows.

Their are others who did a review on said bow, all good.

Offline Hoosierarcher88

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2017, 09:17:00 PM »
Id check them out on youtube but im stuck without high speed data for another week so all i can do right now is ask on here

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©