3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Bow Fishing Rig Care  (Read 365 times)

Offline Msturm

• Trad Bowhunter
Bow Fishing Rig Care
« on: August 03, 2017, 05:12:00 AM »
I just got a bow fishing "reel"  for my birthday. I am really excited to try it out as I have only bow fished once with a homemade self bow and a piece of paracord tied to my wrist... Anyway,  a near mint 1974 Kmag, which I love, is the only bow I have with a place to screw the "reel" in.   I will be bow fishing on sharp volcanic rock over saltwater.   Any ideas on care? improved finish? or any way to keep it from getting beat up...  or just buy a sage?

Thanks in advance.

Msturm
Stalker Coyote FXT Long bow 49#

Aloha!

Offline Shadowhnter

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Bow Fishing Rig Care
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2017, 06:07:00 AM »
You can buy a gadget adapter or similar that straps on that allows you to use about any trad bow you want to. I'd definitely use a bow you don't mind kick'n around.

Offline Missouri Bowman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2017, 06:48:00 AM »
You might try to find another bow that you won't mind getting scratched and beat up. My bow fishing bow is an older beat up Cub. You might try the limb skins that cover your limbs and that may protect your current bow if you fish with it.

Offline Anointed Archer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2017, 09:39:00 AM »
Actually the perfect Bowfishing bow is an old Bear 76'er, the magnesium riser and fiberglass limbs make them water friendly.  Plus you can mount any style reel you want.  I have one set-up with a Muzzy Pro and another one set-up with an AMS Pro. You can usually pick up a 76'er for $100 or less.
For God was in Christ, reconciling the world to himself, no longer counting people’s sins against them. And he gave us this wonderful message of reconciliation.

Offline fireball31

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2017, 11:04:00 AM »
anointed archer nailed this one.

Offline Msturm

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2017, 06:38:00 PM »
Great thanks guys!
Stalker Coyote FXT Long bow 49#

Aloha!