3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Treestand pack system - Molle?  (Read 394 times)

Offline J. Cook

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Treestand pack system - Molle?
« on: August 05, 2017, 11:17:00 PM »
I'm looking to build a more mobile carry-in system for a lock on and tree sticks combo.  For those of you that use the Molle system - what do you use and how do you attach it?  Do you use the frame or just the straps?

Pics and experiences would be very helpful.
"Huntin', fishin', and lovin' every day!"

Offline Schmidty3

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Treestand pack system - Molle?
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2017, 12:16:00 AM »
Well.... let's see if I can describe it. I don't have any pics.

I got one of the generic plastic military pack frames. Installed the straps and waist belt. I think that's what your referring too.

To affix the stand to the frame I use fairly thick climbing rope (3 sections), a section of paracord, and 3 camjam xt's, Which are kind of a one way ratchet jamming thingy. Basically it allows Infinite adjustment and slip free tightening with no loss when you tighten it. They work awesome.

I started out with buckling straps. But everytime your load out changes you have to adjust the straps which is a pain.

A super simple description.

Lay the ropes over the stand in a X, and 2 horizontal lines. Tighten and done.

A simple description of how I'd do it....

One rope across the top third of the stand. One rope across the bottom third of the stand. One rope from the top left to the bottom center, and back up to the top right.
Creating sort of a V. The bottom of the "v" is run through a upside down V of paracord with a loop right at the apex of the "V" that the rope slides through. These opposing "V's" create an X and makes sort of a basket or hammock or whatever that keeps the stand from slipping down.

A detailed description...

Attach the cam jams to one side of the frame with a short section (~6") of rope or paracord. One on the top right. One about where  a bisecting horizontal line would transect the upper third of the stand. And one where a bisecting line would transect the lower third of the stand.  Attach three sections of rope. One at the top left. One to match your upper third camjam. One to match your lower third camjam.

Now make your lower basket or hammock to keep the stand from sliding down, this will look somewhat like an X with shortened bottom legs. Take a ~2ft section of paracord.  Attach it to the bottom left and right corner of the frame, and make a loop at the center point of the paracord. The stand will have the seat pointed downwards. This paracord should sort of match the seat and allow it to settle within the upside down V of paracord.

Now to place your stand onto the frame. Splay out all your ropes and cam jams. Center the stand on the frame with the seat away from your back and pointed down. Nestle the seat into the lower V of paracord, pulling the paracord upwards to create the lower half of the X. Now make the top half of the X. Take the rope from the top left, run it thought the loop in the paracord, and back up to the top right, though the camjam and cinch it down. Take the horizontal ropes and run them across the stand and cinch them down. Done.

If you make your ropes longer then needed, you can stuff other things underneath them. Backpacks, animal parts, whatever.

That's a super complicated and confusing description.

I've never seen anyone run a system similar. I came up with it. (I'm a young design engineer). The stand attaches easily and quickly. The cam jams can make noise since they are metal.

The actual pack frame with stand, sticks, and backpack does get a bit cumbersome and tiresome after a mile or 2. That's more to do with the failings of the pack frame. I'd like to try this out with a legit frame such as a kifaru.

Offline Schmidty3

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2017, 12:22:00 AM »
For the record...

I use this system with hangons and sticks.

muddy and xop stands, muddy pro and helium sticks

Offline Nathan Killen

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2017, 09:03:00 AM »
I use a Eberlestock F1 mainframe to tote my stand and gear. Very comfortable,quick and easy to lash gear to aswell. Iv e tried the Molly frame system, and there is no comparison. I use this system here in the mountains of Virginia. I like to be mobile and this setup allows me to do just that, and very comfortably as well. Plus if you get lucky you have the option of packing out the animal....with your gear if your man enough! Lol

I can't figure out how to post pictures anymore, but I'd be glad to send pics to anyone that would like to see!
[email protected]
Genesis 21:20 And God was with the lad; and he grew, and dwelt in the wilderness, and became an archer. ->>>---------------->

Jesus is my lord and savior, Who is he to you ?

60" Little Mountain built by Ethan Rodrigue

Offline old_goat2

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2017, 12:39:00 PM »
Sent you a pm
David Achatz
CPO USN Ret.
Various bows, but if you see me shooting, it's probably a Toelke in my hand!

Offline J-dog

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2017, 12:48:00 PM »
I put a military shoulder harness and waist belt on my LW climber. Saw it on a man's YouTube - works good -
Always be stubborn.

Captain hindsight to the rescue!

Offline Mint

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2017, 08:17:00 PM »
I just attach the straps to my wedgelock stand and then attach the sticks to the stand. Most times I don't use the sticks and just use the woodpecker system.
The Constitution shall never be construed... to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms.

Samuel Adams

NYB Life Member
NRA Life Member

Offline J. Cook

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2017, 10:45:00 PM »
Thanks for the responses - I can't decide if I'd need the actual frame, or just the shoulder and lumbar straps.
"Huntin', fishin', and lovin' every day!"

Offline Schmidty3

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2017, 06:51:00 PM »
I guess it depends how far you want to pack in, and how versatile you want your system to be.

I went with a standalone frame so I could do multiple stands. I can also just use the frame to haul out a deer on my back.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©