3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Grizzly Stick Momentum  (Read 307 times)

Offline John Fragale

• Trad Bowhunter
Grizzly Stick Momentum
« on: August 09, 2017, 12:10:00 PM »
Has anyone tried these arrows for hunting. What are your thoughts. They say total weight of arrow is 650 grains with single bevel broadhead. Shafts are parallel going into a tapered shaft. They say the arrow recovers much quicker.I shoot 42# @ 28 draw is this to much weight. I understand the new arrows are going to have a thinner diameter.

Offline Terry Green

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Grizzly Stick Momentum
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2017, 08:15:00 PM »
It's been a long time since I messed with them number one I'm pretty sure that used to be just tapered from one end to the other number two I don't think they flew very well out of lower weight bows now I haven't fool with them in a quite a while things may have changed I do not know.
Tradbowhunting Video Store - https://digitalstore.tradgang.com/

Tradgang Bowhunting Merchandise - https://tradgang.creator-spring.com/?

Tradgang DVD - https://www.tradgang.com/tgstore/index.html

"It's important,  when going after a goal, to never lose sight of the integrity of the journey" - Andy Garcia

'An anchor point is not a destination, its  an evolution to conclusion'

Offline John Fragale

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2017, 02:21:00 PM »
Thanks Terry

Offline texbow2

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2017, 03:08:00 PM »
I've never had good luck with the older grizzly sticks. They were not consistant in spine and you needed roll test them to find the weak or strong side. I've been much happier with the small diameter Easton axis and a brass insert up front. A lot less expensive and I think they are just as durable.

Offline DMM

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2017, 03:22:00 PM »
I haven't used the new shafts. I'll vouch for the old ones though. I bought a dozen Grizzlystik Alaskans about 4 years ago. They are almost indestructible. I'm currently down to 4, if the new shafts are half as good as the old ones I'll buy them.
For my setup 63#@30" they fly perfectly and hit like a truck.
"Now then, get your weapons, your quiver and bow, and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me."
Genesis 27:3

« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2017, 03:23:00 PM »
I have a set of tapered, the directions were to roll them as stated. I went one step beyond that.  I tripled the weight on my spine tester and marked the most consistent spine spot on each arrow by trial and error.  They would not fly in any spine orientation out of the bow I was hoping they would, but I got them to fly perfect out of a different bow.  I had mine cut to my normal 27" bop, so I was a little limited on tuning options. I am not complaining as they fly out of the best right hand only bow that I have ever owned.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©