3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Osage r/d  (Read 971 times)

Offline Hoosierarcher88

• Trad Bowhunter
Osage r/d
« on: August 10, 2017, 12:41:00 AM »
Really wanting to have a new bow made in either all or mostly osage. I love how osage ages and would like to have a bow i could shoot for the next 15 years or so then pass on to my son. What bowyers do a lot with osage? Ive looked around online and found a few r/d's with osage accents but not really many that have osage risers and limb veneers.
Northern mist Shelton 66" 53# @ 28"

Offline mark Willoughby

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Osage r/d
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2017, 03:41:00 AM »
I don't know if he still makes them but Gregg of javaman archery  has a really sweet looking all wood bow called the duoflex bet he'd be a good person to ask but like I said I don't know if he's still offering them hope this helps
Never spend your money before you have earned it ,.... Thomas Jefferson

If you want something you've never had , you must be willing to do something you've never done ,... Thomas Jefferson

Offline Hoosierarcher88

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2017, 04:00:00 AM »
Dont see the duoflex listed on his site. What im looking for is a modern r/d like the thunderchild or similar styles but in either all osage riser with osage veneers or maybe osage riser with cocobola accent and osage veneers.

Offline Bow man

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2017, 06:02:00 AM »
We do a lot of osage take a look at our website when you have time.
Compton Life Member
PBS QRM

Offline Blueridge

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2017, 06:16:00 AM »
Widow Plx Osage. Test drive one, you will love it.
Isaiah 1:18-20 Come now let us reason together, says the Lord.

Offline JBuchin3

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2017, 06:25:00 AM »
Dave and Tracey @ St Joe River bows made my Osage bow named Goldie.  Beautifully done, and habe one on the way for my wife.  Cant go wrong with them!
John Buchin
@jbuchin3
Michigan Longbow Association

Longbows Forever

Offline SlowBowinMO

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2017, 06:25:00 AM »
We actually have 3 Firefly Osage bows in stock at the moment.  They are all static recurves but you can see how they look.  One is half Osage but the others are all Osage, a righty and a lefty.

LINK: Firefly Bows In Stock Page  

Osage makes for a very handsome bow no doubt.  Jim has been building r/d longbows for nearly 30 years and his longbows are shooters for sure.  He would happily make you an all Osage bow any way you wanted it.
"Down-Log Blind at Misty River"

Offline nineworlds9

• Trad Bowhunter
  • Northman
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2017, 08:35:00 AM »
Originally posted by Hoosierarcher88:
Really wanting to have a new bow made in either all or mostly osage. I love how osage ages and would like to have a bow i could shoot for the next 15 years or so then pass on to my son. What bowyers do a lot with osage? Ive looked around online and found a few r/d's with osage accents but not really many that have osage risers and limb veneers.
Big Jim could easily build you an all Osage Thunderchild or Buffalo, just call him.  I had a lovely 2pc Buffalo for a spell with figured Osage veneers, it was beautiful, ended up letting it go cause draw weight was a few # less than I prefer.
52" Texas Recurve
58" Two Tracks Ogemaw
60" Toelke Chinook
62" Tall Tines Stickflinger
64" Big Jim Mountain Monarch
64" Poison Dart LB
66" Wes Wallace Royal

Horse Creek TAC, GA
TBOF

Offline robslifts

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2017, 11:37:00 AM »
Dave and Tracey from st Joe river bows make a great bow. They use Osage all the time. I had a Osage one made for my dad and it is darkening up super nice. They are a sponsor here.
St. Joe River Bows

Offline Hoosierarcher88

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2017, 03:36:00 PM »
The st joe river bows look good and have a decent size riser to where you can see the wood good. I like the thunderchild but worry with as small as the riser is it wouldnt show much wood at all. Ive tried using the search bar but so many pictures have been wiped out by Photobucket its almost impossible to find anything anymore

Online cecilm

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2017, 09:28:00 AM »
Pronghorn bows makes an all Osage also.

Online mjh

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2017, 10:59:00 AM »
I have a Maddog Prairie Predator with Osage riser/handle and black glass on the limbs. Might be able to get the whole bow in Osage. Two of my recurves have Osage limbs also.  4 Knives with Osage handles....I like Osage!

Offline Java Man

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: August 15, 2017, 10:29:00 AM »
Originally posted by Hoosierarcher88:
I can make any of my models in all osage if you like.  With clear glass of course.

Gregg
"TGMM Family of the Bow"

Offline ron w

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: August 15, 2017, 10:10:00 PM »
Mike Treadway.......I got an all Osage bow with cedar lams......just beautiful. Chad Holm does nice work with Osage also.....I have a couple he made for me. I love Osage also.
In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities. In the expert's there are few...So the most difficult thing is always to keep your beginner's mind...This is also the real secret of the arts: always be a beginner.  Shunryu Suzuki

Offline Fletcher

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: August 17, 2017, 10:51:00 PM »
Chuck Jones, Okaw Valley Longbows and Black Rhino Bows has made all osage longbows for years.  Titled the Osage Royale, Chuck crafts some of the finest bows available.  He's a TG sponsor under the name of Black Rhino.
Good judgement comes from experience.  Experience comes from bad judgement.

"The next best thing to playing and winning is playing and losing."

"An archer doesn't have to be a bowhunter, but a bowhunter should be an archer."

Offline Hoosierarcher88

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: August 17, 2017, 11:04:00 PM »
I bought my son an m48 black rhino. Havent seen anywhere about the osage royale

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©