3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Hog hunting near Savannah, GA  (Read 324 times)

Offline sam barrett

• Trad Bowhunter
Hog hunting near Savannah, GA
« on: August 11, 2017, 10:05:00 AM »
Hey everyone, got married about a month ago and now have family in Savannah.  They would like for us to come and visit, so I'd love to hunt some hogs while there.  Probably will visit in Jan/Feb timeframe.  Are there any WMA's or public hunting near Savannah with good hog populations?  Thanks!

Online Pat B

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Hog hunting near Savannah, GA
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2017, 11:32:00 AM »
The Savannah National Wildlife Refuge is just across the Savannah River. They used to have hunts there but you'd better check it out. Lots of hogs along the Savannah River and along other coastal rivers.
It's been many years since I've lived in Savannah(born there and left at 28) so I'm not familiar with the local WMAs.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline chrisharper

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2017, 01:21:00 PM »
Man, you ain't going to be able to beat Fort Stewart. That place is full of hogs. You'll have to get some registration and archery qualifications done, but it's easy to get through.

Offline sam barrett

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2017, 08:32:00 AM »
ttt...any other recommendations.  Fort Stewart sounds good, but maybe some WMA's?  It won't be a long trip, so maybe somewhere that I don't have to register or qualify to hunt?  Thanks!

Offline Ray Hammond

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2017, 07:53:00 AM »
there are no WMA's in Georgia that allow hunting for hogs other than during regular hunting seasons to my knowledge.

The reason is economic- the DNR has limited budget, and enforcement guys are working waters and fishing this time of year.

I got the deer season extended in metro Atlanta back in the 90's for an extra month at the back end...and the DNR fought it tooth and nail then because of budget restrictions...and weren't really happy about it.
“Courageous, untroubled, mocking and violent-that is what Wisdom wants us to be. Wisdom is a woman, and loves only a warrior.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

Offline RC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2017, 09:20:00 AM »
You can hunt pigs on WMA` right now during small game.  Aug 15 - Feb 28 on most.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©